Shunyata DENALI

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
Add me to the list of mighty impressed. I put a Denali 2000 between the wall and my Constellation monos, and noted a big difference moving from the Cyclops V1. Several weeks ago, I added the 6000 for the front end, powered by their Alpha HC cord. Was a little disappointed for a few weeks, then realized I needed to burn in the power cord. After several weeks of burn in, I can attest the Alpha power cord has come into its own. Sound is outstanding. Job well done. I'm now going to stop looking at WBF, as I need to stop spending so much on audio:(

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
I have burning in 3 Alpha PCs. 2 HC and 1 Analog. Not impressed at first. Now about 3 weeks in I'm going to buy another HC. Incredible change in my system. I never would have thought PCs could make that big of a difference.

Enjoy that 2000T. I'm considering one in the future.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Another fan of SR PC's. Spoke with Richard a couple of time before taking the "plunge". Yes Dan, they need to be burned in.

So I have an Anaconda between my PS8 and my dedicated 20 AMP AC outlet. An Alpha HC between my amp and the outlet. An Alpha Analogue between my CJ pre and the PS8. And tomorrow, I will receive the Alpha Digital which will plug into my CDP and the PS8 after I do the "Fan" trip for 200 hours.

The "cumulative" impact is quite audible and I am very pleased I have taken the SR PC plunge.

I was considering replacing my somewhat dated but wonderful sounding (to my ears) CDP. Not anymore.

PS: I'm coming to the conclusion that from a "wire" perspective, PC's have the most impact.

Last edited:

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
PS: I'm coming to the conclusion that from a "wire" perspective, PC's have the most impact.

That is also my feeling. While all cables matter, clean power, for me, is at the same level as a major component upgrade.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
That is also my feeling. While all cables matter, clean power, for me, is at the same level as a major component upgrade.

I also agree with this.

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
My 3rd Alpha HC is here burning in on my CD player. My CD player sounds like I got a new CD player. The HC is a great pc. 2 weeks and I will move it to my RSA conditioner.

Last edited:

notme

Nov 4, 2015
Shunyata folks: The TAS review states that you've corrected the intensity of the blue LED. Is that a correction that we early adopters can get, or only available in updated product?

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
Hrrmm..

I don't find the light bright at all on my 6000T. Actually its the dimmest LED I have in my system. No complaints here with it.

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
Hrrmm..

I don't find the light bright at all on my 6000T. Actually its the dimmest LED I have in my system. No complaints here with it.

My 6000T is nice and dim. My Denali 2000, which I bought first, will burn your retina if you look at it long enough:) A dimmer would be much appreciated.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
My 6000T is nice and dim. My Denali 2000, which I bought first, will burn your retina if you look at it long enough:) A dimmer would be much appreciated.

I bought a Denali 2000 for my new 75" Sony 4K UHD TV. Unfortunately, I only have one dedicated line in the HT, and it is on the other side of the room. So, the TV is plugged into a shared circuit. Hence the Denali to clean up the line for the TV. Anyway, the first night I used I saw this big blue circle being projected onto a side wall. After investigating I realized it was from the Denali. Out to the garage for a piece of black electrical tape, and problem solved.

Kerkhoffd

Dec 12, 2016
Just saw the first pictures of the Denali versions for the European market. They seem to be missing the PC support brackets that are on the Denali from the US. Is this correct?

IMG_1731.JPG

Kerkhoffd

Dec 12, 2016
IMG_1732.JPG

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Just saw the first pictures of the Denali versions for the European market. They seem to be missing the PC support brackets that are on the Denali from the US. Is this correct?

Yes. In fact, the EU receptacles were the inspiration for the design of the cable-cradle bracket. There is no need for further supports for EU male AC ends as they fit securely, unlike US male ends which can droop, pull out or lean depending on the weight of the cord or connection type. There are no such issues with these EU outlets because the power cords essentially lock into the design of the outlet. We could have added the cable cradles but without a practical purpose, it would only add unnecessarily to the cost.

Best regards,

Grant

Kerkhoffd

Dec 12, 2016
Thanks for the ultra-quick answer Grant. It is a snugg fit indeed. Is it an option to fit them later if requested? This might be benefitial for me to dress the power cables better in my set and rack.

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Thanks for the ultra-quick answer Grant. It is a snugg fit indeed. Is it an option to fit them later if requested? This might be benefitial for me to dress the power cables better in my set and rack.

I don't believe the U.S version will work for the EU models because of the different size and circumference spec. Creating one for the EU models would be largely unnecessary and add expense to the unit's cost to produce. I don't believe these will be available for EU models, but if I hear any differently when Caelin and I speak tomorrow I'll report back.

Best regards,

Grant

MasonStorm

Apr 4, 2017
I know it's quite new, but I'm sure others share my enthusiasm to see a review comparing the new Triton v3 (especially when paired up with a Typhon) to these Denalis. Anyone lucky enough to have done so, please let us know your experiences!

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
I know it's quite new, but I'm sure others share my enthusiasm to see a review comparing the new Triton v3 (especially when paired up with a Typhon) to these Denalis. Anyone lucky enough to have done so, please let us know your experiences!

FWIW, the Triton v3 includes technology originally developed for the Denali. This tech was applied in a larger form in the v3 because of the greater space available. Certainly, we performed extensive testing and comparisons both in house and within a number of controlled beta applications. That said, there have been comparisons, so someone who has tried both will likely chime in here eventually. We consider the Triton v3 to be the current reference in our line-up, with or without the Typhon, but the Typhon does add significantly to the performance of the v3.

Best regards,

Grant

melb0028

Apr 4, 2017

I have used both in my system with extensive (many weeks) of listening to both. The Denali was a revelation and better than the Triton V2/typhon in just about every way (with the exception of my N10 which preferred the V2 for what ever reason). Without going into detail, the V3/typhon combination easily bests the Denali with lower noise floor, better resolution, and improved bottom to top performance. The V3 is as much better than the Denali as the Denali was to my V2. I tried every separate component either through the Denali or the V3 and found each one sounds best through the V3 (as compared to the Denali with my N10). Truly an amazing accomplishment by Shunyata. My Denali found a happy home behind my home theater to great improvement in that application.

MasonStorm

Apr 4, 2017
Thank you for your replies. I'll plan to buy a v3 a little later this year, and follow it with the Typhon next year. Almost $15,000…will need several months to save up!

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Good to hear about the improvement from the v3. I just finished having both my Triton v2 upgraded to v3. The stereo indeed is better. The low level resolution coming out of the speakers is amazing, and everything is so much more defined and clear. Of course, I also have new speakers that are still breaking in, but I don't think has anything to do with a quieter background. I am still evaluating the HT Triton, since I don't use it much anymore.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing