Shunyata DENALI

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
Choose the Tower model if you don't have any shelf space left or you just like how it looks next to your component rack. It has its own integrated isolation base built-in so you don't need an expensive amp stand. Just set it on the floor next to your equipment rack. It has a very narrow profile designed to fit into a tight spaces beside the racks and speakers. It also makes it possible to use very short run power cords to eliminate the power cord mess behind the racks.

Like so :)

29584671136_8e025a5d90_b.jpg

29584676326_31f4030779_b.jpg

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Very nice - clean and tidy. And it sounds better when you can keep the power cords away from the interconnects.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
The Denali tower arrived today. I will be writing up a formal review but can't resist a few early observations.

1. This thing is built like a tank. It's expensive at $5K but it feels like you are getting what you pay for. Solid is the best word I have to describe it. Nice fit and finish as the auto reviewers say. Packaging is superb, double boxed, foam protected, nice package of materials and owners manual.

2. Despite already having a dedicated line, Oyaide outlets, and a PS8/Defender combo, this has taken the system to a new level. Everything feels more at ease and the bass is even better than before which has been excellent lately with the arrival of the KT120 tubes. The mids are more clear and vocals seem more natural.

3. The cable cradles are working with all my various power cables. I aspire to 100% Shunyata but it works on my Soundstring ac cord and the Shunyata Venoms. The cradles are a nice innovation. Should become a standard in the industry. It came with the Alpha HC ac cord which I plugged into the wall with the Oyaide. I will soon replace the outlet with a Shunyata outlet as the Oyaide is used and a bit loose.

4. The vertical design is genius. It works so well and it looks fantastic. The brushed black aluminum nicely fades into the background. Classy but doesn't draw too much attention to itself.

5. After a few hours of listening, I added in some Shunyata Venom XLR cables at 1.5 meters. I had some Audio Research litz XLRs (my better cables are mostly RCA) and this represented another major improvement but I suspect these are still breaking in. I heard better bass and more detail. It also seemed to let me play the music at lower gain levels on the Ref 5SE.

I get excited when things work so well. Proper power is the trifecta of sound: better highs, mids, and bass.

Well done Caelin and team. Superb sound. The stereo has taken another leap forward.

willip

Oct 25, 2016
Glad to see so many happy users on Denali. I am currently shopping for a Conditioner and had also been using Shunyata products, would like to get some advice.

My systems currently consist of a TT/ CAS as source as below:

TT: Dr. F Firebird with SME Tonearm. CAS: Synalogy 916+ NAS, Intel NUC, Room Server, some gadgets for noise into a Chord Dave DAC.

Now I am currently using a MPC-12C with all the equipment (except power amp) plugging into it with a 20A Alpha HC as the main cord for the MPC-12.

I had been shopping around for a conditioner for the power amp and looks like the Denali 2000T is a good choice. Having said that, I am also checking out the 6000T which seems to have the same HC outlets as in the 2000T with additional 4 outlet for source.

I wonder would that be a better choice for me to go ahead with the 6000T, use 1 HC outlet for power amp, and the other HC outlet for connecting to the MPC12 for some unimportant equipment while the remaining units of the 6000T can be for the major source.

Is there any significant difference between 2000T and the 2 HC outlets of the 6000T?

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Glad to see so many happy users on Denali. I am currently shopping for a Conditioner and had also been using Shunyata products, would like to get some advice.

My systems currently consist of a TT/ CAS as source as below:

TT: Dr. F Firebird with SME Tonearm. CAS: Synalogy 916+ NAS, Intel NUC, Room Server, some gadgets for noise into a Chord Dave DAC.

Now I am currently using a MPC-12C with all the equipment (except power amp) plugging into it with a 20A Alpha HC as the main cord for the MPC-12.

I had been shopping around for a conditioner for the power amp and looks like the Denali 2000T is a good choice. Having said that, I am also checking out the 6000T which seems to have the same HC outlets as in the 2000T with additional 4 outlet for source.

I wonder would that be a better choice for me to go ahead with the 6000T, use 1 HC outlet for power amp, and the other HC outlet for connecting to the MPC12 for some unimportant equipment while the remaining units of the 6000T can be for the major source.

Is there any significant difference between 2000T and the 2 HC outlets of the 6000T?

Hi Willip,

Your system would be ideal for use with the Denali 6000T. I would recommend the exact configuration that you mention with the MPC-12C into an HC outlet with ancillary components plugged into the MPC-12C and the main sources/line-level components and amp into the 6000T.

Yes, the 6000T HC outlets are the same in terms of performance as the 2000T. The Denali 2000T exists for those systems that can make use of multiple Dedicated lines, or a remote component such as a projector or amp that sits away from the main system.

In your case, what you suggest makes the most sense. As always, I recommend borrowing an evaluation unit from a dealer for a trial. Feel free to let us know if we can help refer you to a dealer for an audition.

There are still a number of reviews to come on the Denali models from those with very different systems. This allows the reader to get a sense of their performance in a variety of contexts. The technology in Denali is also what has given us many opportunities throughout the medical field.

Feel free to e-mail or call us if you would like more specific application feedback or a referral for a trial.

Best regards,

Grant

willip

Oct 25, 2016
Grant, appreciate your quick response.

Another question on power cord. I am currently using 2 Alpha HC in the system now.

One 20A for the MPC and one 15A for my Soulution 710 power amp.

If I do get the 6000T and in order to save me some money for Xmas present for my family; do you think it make sense if I put the Alpha 20A on the 6000T and get a Benom HC to connect the MPC with one of the 6000T HC outlet? Will it be a significant bottleneck?

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Grant, appreciate your quick response.

Another question on power cord. I am currently using 2 Alpha HC in the system now.

One 20A for the MPC and one 15A for my Soulution 710 power amp.

If I do get the 6000T and in order to save me some money for Xmas present for my family; do you think it make sense if I put the Alpha 20A on the 6000T and get a Benom HC to connect the MPC with one of the 6000T HC outlet? Will it be a significant bottleneck?

Hi Willip,

No, the Venom HC is what I recommend there as long as the components you are plugging into the MPC 12C are your secondary sources or ancillary connection devices, or digital-output electronics, which are generally not as sensitive to the connecting power cord from a distributor as your main sources, pre-amps, amps and main phono-pre or analog source.

Take your time with this. Make sure the Denali is the right fit for your system. There is also no harm in waiting until funds allow. I know Christmas and family is a priority for most of us in terms of money spending this time of year.

Best regards,

Grant

willip

Oct 25, 2016
Thanks Grant.

Currently plugging into my MPC includes:
1) LED TV
2) Oppo Bluray
3) LPS for my TT motor
4) LPS for NAS and Router
5) LPS for Intel NUC (yeah, I know I am a freak)
6) Soulution 720 preamp
7) Chord Dave DAC
8) Rhea Phono
9) HD TV Box

My plan is to move pre amp, Phono, DAC to 6000T.

What youbsuff for the final filtered outlet?

I also had a REL subwoofer connected to the wall directly but I guess the HC outlet shall better reserve for the power amp and the MPC?

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Thanks Grant.

1) LED TV
2) Oppo Bluray
3) LPS for my TT motor
6) Soulution 720 preamp
7) Chord Dave DAC
8) Rhea Phono
9) HD TV Box

I also had a REL subwoofer connected to the wall directly but I guess the HC outlet shall better reserve for the power amp and the MPC?

Your layout and idea for set up with Denali and MPC 12 C are what I would have recommended so you are on point in each case. Leave the sub into the wall and run the MPC through the remaining HC outlet. Depending on its frequency of use, perhaps the Oppo could go into the final filtered outlet if an extra remains available. That, or perhaps the LED TV as both would be positively affected. The other can go into the C section of the MPC-12C.

Best regards,

Grant

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Place my order on 6000T but was told the stock won't come till Dec to HK .....

That seems odd to me. I will check with our distributor and will get back to you. I am certain many were sent, so I will follow up on this.
I am traveling currently, but will e-mail them.

Thank you,

Grant

willip

Oct 25, 2016
Thanks Grant, what I meant is the feedback from the local market is so good and all were sold out. My friend got the last 6000T while I was told the next shipment will arrive in Dec.

I didn't order from the distributor directly but from one of its sub-dealer which I am closer with.

Thanks again for your help.

kyhf5168

Jun 7, 2013
I am wondering how Hydra Cyclops compares to Denali 2000T. I am selecting the power distributor for two power hungry monoblocks.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I am wondering how Hydra Cyclops compares to Denali 2000T. I am selecting the power distributor for two power hungry monoblocks.

Go with the 2000T. You will not be disappointed.

RedSectorA

Feb 19, 2014

I would go with Denali 2000T, Cyclops does improve sound but not to the level of Denali. I listened to both in my system at different times.

If your amps are power hungry make sure you have a good PC from the wall to Denali. When I originaly installed the Denali I was using an Anaconda CX. I could hear more information but the stage was lifeless (the best way I can explain it). Replaced it with a King Cobra CX and everything came back to normal with wide and deep staging including the additional information, all in a black background. No expert here but it sounded as if the amps were chocked.

Previously I had my amps straight to the wall with a Typhon and Triton II in the same Quadplex. I'm using a pair of Ayre MX-R monoblocks.

Dan

Last edited:

caesar

May 30, 2010
I would go with Denali 2000T, Cyclops does improve sound but not to the level of Denali. I listened to both in my system at different times.

If your amps are power hungry make sure you have a good PC from the wall to Denali. When I originaly installed the Denali I was using an Anaconda CX. I could hear more information but the stage was lifeless (the best way I can explain it). Replaced it with a King Cobra CX and everything came back to normal with wide and deep staging including the additional information, all in a black background. No expert here but it sounded as if the amps were chocked.

Previously I had my amps straight to the wall with a Typhon and Triton II in the same Quadplex. I'm using a pair of Ayre MX-R monoblocks.

Dan
Hi,
What is more important, the cords from the monoblocks to the Denali or the cord from the Denali to the wall? thanks

caesar

May 30, 2010
Thanks Grant.

1) LED TV
2) Oppo Bluray
3) LPS for my TT motor
6) Soulution 720 preamp
7) Chord Dave DAC
8) Rhea Phono
9) HD TV Box

Willip, nice system! What speakers are you using? And what DACs have you tried other than Chord, which by all accounts is killer?

Also, I had no idea one could daisy chain your MPC to the Denali. Does anyone know how that all works, and if daisy-chaining works in all instances to benefit better sound?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing