Top Ten of 2015 | Films ... Tentative

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
This, also on my radar...big peanuts time. This little doggy (Snoopy) is one of my big heroes, more than Batman, more than Superman, more that Spider-man, more than Ultra-man, more than Iron-man, more than Ant-man...all reunited together.

Kindred spirits north, as a child I read every Peanuts comic available, probably three x over. BTW, the very young children in our company, plus my inner child, absolutely loved this movie, which I can state first hand, isn't always the case with certain darker themed Pixar flicks.

Sicario was very entertaining; the ending is awesome ... Josh Brolin (big fan) is much better here than the wasted two hours of celluloid they called Everest ... perhaps my least favorite flick of the year.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Kindred spirits north, as a child I read every Peanuts comic available, probably three x over. BTW, the very young children in our company, plus my inner child, absolutely loved this movie, which I can state first hand, isn't always the case with certain darker themed Pixar flicks.

Sicario was very entertaining; the ending is awesome ... Josh Brolin (big fan) is much better here than the wasted two hours of celluloid they called Everest ... perhaps my least favorite flick of the year.

Peanuts is better than Simpsons...Peanuts is thee Best! ..Same wishes towards you TBone ::bbellsringinginpeaceunison:
I want to see The Peanuts Movie

Tonight is Sicario night.

Josh Brolin was in No Country For Old Man ... directed by the Coen brothers and also starring Javier Bardem & Tommy Lee Jones.
"I'm just waiting for what's coming."

I've yet to see Everest (next week). ...And if you like climbing stuff...: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...-what-was-it-*&p=359862&viewfull=1#post359862

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Here are my 9 plus a place holder for my Top 10 for this year:
Brooklyn
Sicario
Concussion
Woman In Gold
Love & Mercy
The Intouchables
Spotlight
Trumbo
Big Short

These were all considered for the top ten:
Danny Collins
In The Name of My Daughter
Ex Machina
The Connection
Mr Holmes
Steve Jobs
Bridge of Spies
The 33
Creed

Unfortunately I haven't seen the following yet:
Chi-Raq
The Danish Girl
Legend
Straight Outta Compton

From your list Jim I've only seen one...ex_machina and that's it.
You and Steve (and few others too) are true movie-goers, and we learn from you guys...a new/alternative direction.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Hard to put 10 movies down, but I can at least give you five:

Spotlight- this is best picture
Ex Machina
Straight Outta Compton
American Sniper (yes, its technically a 2014 movie but on like 1 screen before 2015)
Mad Max

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
I've yet to see Everest (next week). ...And if you like climbing stuff...:

The only "climbing" I endure is venturing out on remote rivers trout/salmon fishing, and trust me, I'd MUCH rather be fishing ... that said, I love the mountains/scenery and in that sense, Everest is ok ... considering it was based on the horrific 1996 disaster, the very poor script just didn't deliver.

This reviewers quote, which I agree ...

"It is really a shame that despite featuring a star-studded cast placed in a highly dangerous environment where anything could go wrong anytime, where the element of unpredictability is high, and where tension can be created in the simplest of scenes, Everest simply fails to create such nail-biting moments and for the most part, is nothing but an empty spectacle...Entertaining in bits n pieces, photographed in splendid detail but lacking the element that makes a good movie great, Everest is unable to take the advantage of its massive canvas and is more or less a disappointment. "

MERU looks much more to my liking. thx.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I did not like hateful 8 at all, excessive Tarantinian dialogues, same old style now running out of anything new, boring lack of twist, story too conveniently set up. Christoph Waltz is good at talking Tarantinian, and Samuel Jackson too, but the rest were boring.

Tribute to Sergei Leone where they eat the stew.

Also walked out of Creed, 1 hour into the movie.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I did not like hateful 8 at all, excessive Tarantinian dialogues, same old style now running out of anything new, boring lack of twist, story too conveniently set up. Christoph Waltz is good at talking Tarantinian, and Samuel Jackson too, but the rest were boring.

Tribute to Sergei Leone where they eat the stew.

Also walked out of Creed, 1 hour into the movie.

I should have told Mom to go see The Revenant instead. ...Instead of 'The Faithful Eight'. ...But then, she likes Ennio Morricone's music.

? How was Ennio Morricone's music score in 'The Hateful Eight'?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I should have told Mom to go see The Revenant instead. ...Instead of 'The Faithful Eight'. ...But then, she likes Ennio Morricone's music.

? How was Ennio Morricone's music score in 'The Hateful Eight'?

Nothing wrong with the score. Revenant not released here yet. Will get to watch it soon

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing