Just like the good old days

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
You walk into the record store, LPs abound all around you, you spend an hour or two, you walk away with 4 of them... life is good, a great start to the new year, and vinyl's comeback in stores is real.

new_albums.JPG

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yay for Newbury Comics! Boston is really lucky to have them around! AFAIK there aren't that many of those "local chains" in the US anymore...

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Indeed. I am surprised how often Amazon search that I do lands on an LP.

Say, what's the review of those albums? :) I have the Keith Jarrett but not the others. The Vivaldi and Bach combo catches my eye there. Alas, I am still too dumb to understand Dvorak.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
They are all supposed to be classics, so buy them. Mutter is supposed to be the contemporary expert in the Dvorak Violin Concerto, and I attended her concert a year ago I think, at the BSO - really beautiful music.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks. Went to find them on the CD and strike out on the Vivaldi/Bach. I can only find the Vivaldi half. The package is only available in 2-LP set. You analog guys do take your revenge, don't you. :D

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Yes, sometimes we know a thing or two... The Dvorak is available on CD and if you need more convincing, watch Mutter go at it in this short trailer video

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Oh I have Mutter playing Vivaldi so already a fan. And I "get" that Dvorak just fine :). THanks a bunch for that sample. I bought the high-res from Prostudiomasters.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing