What is the best vintage receiver for speakers Dynaco A-25 ?

lignumPeccatum

Jan 3, 2016
Montreal, Canada
Hello everyone!

I hope you all are doing great. This is my first thread and I would like to take advantage of your immense audio knowledge to ask you what you think the best vintage receiver is for a pair of Dynaco A-25. :confused:

I have in mind the Marantz 2270 or the Sansui Eight. I am willing to spend until 750-800 dollars.

Any thoughts on this? Any suggestion?

Best regards :D

Last edited:

Fitero

Jan 31, 2016
PNW
I can vouch for this one, with the caveat that it have its' capacitors updated. I used one for a time with my FMI-80's which are similar to the A-25. Very nice.

There is always good demand for any of the Twin Power series, so even if you don't like it long term you will be able to sell it without a loss.

Greg

Nov 14, 2014
I was very happy with the Dyanaco SCA-35 integrated - got the A25's at the same time I built the amplifier kit, back in the 70's. Still have both, as well. Despite upgrading with "better" gear over the years, that first system was wonderful, and provided as much - if not more - musical enjoyment.

hifistan

Jul 14, 2016
Tanberg

I was going to say that about Tandberg. Nachomichi [sp] use to make a good one, I had one. Revox was also good according to revues, Why vintage? As a vintage audiophile it is gratifying but modern is better except that receivers are RIP

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing