Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CHORD DAVE On A 2CH Rig Anyone?

CHORD DAVE On A 2CH Rig Anyone?

This DAC is getting some unbelievable praise with headphone users... Those guys IME tend to highly praise every new thing that comes out though. So.... I was wondering, if you people that have one of the DAVE's in a 2ch speaker rig, could share your findings...? System for context, comparisons, all welcome and appreciated I would prefer that this stayed about 2ch speaker audio.

There have been some massive out of the ordinary claims regarding the DAVE, such as it recreates depth better than any source, and that it is actually immune to source jitter, so long as the stream is bit perfect. These are some huge claims, and would be absolutely groundbreaking if indeed true.

Thanks very much
    Paul

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! DaveC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paul79 View Post
    This DAC is getting some unbelievable praise with headphone users... Those guys IME tend to highly praise every new thing that comes out though. So.... I was wondering, if you people that have one of the DAVE's in a 2ch speaker rig, could share your findings...? System for context, comparisons, all welcome and appreciated I would prefer that this stayed about 2ch speaker audio.

Thanks very much
    Paul
    Can't say about the DAC but the name is good.
    Industry Affiliation:
    I own ZenWave Audio
    zenwaveaudio.com
    dave@zenwaveaudio.com
    Furutech Dealer

LOL! Hey Dave! How you been man? You staying busy? Everyone I talk to says they are S..L..O..W..........

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! DaveC's Avatar
    LOL! Hey Dave! How you been man? You staying busy? Everyone I talk to says they are S..L..O..W..........
    Things are good but 2014 was better, a lot of folks with really good products have been very slow in 2015. This follows the general economic trends... people are very careful when the markets aren't doing well. Oh well, gives me more time to work on my speaker. In 2014 I was busy for a few moths from holiday orders... this year I'm managing to keep up, which isn't what I wanted. I wanted to have to hire help. I hope you're maintaining your normal massive backlog of work.
    Industry Affiliation:
    I own ZenWave Audio
    zenwaveaudio.com
    dave@zenwaveaudio.com
    Furutech Dealer

Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries

There have been some massive out of the ordinary claims regarding the DAVE, such as it recreates depth better than any source, and that it is actually immune to source jitter, so long as the stream is bit perfect. These are some huge claims, and would be absolutely groundbreaking if indeed true.

Thanks very much
    Paul
    I heard it at the Warsaw show and wrote a bit about it for PTA. http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2015/1...015-dac-ology/

Tested a few peoples patience with a herniated disc injury... But doing well now. That was the worse injury I ever had. The disc crushed my sciatic, and I was hammered! Felt like my leg was on fire for about 3 months, several trips to the chiro (doctor recommended to try this before surgery). That worked for the most part, then minor surgery to trim the disc a bit.

Thanks Wisnon. I'll check that out!

Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Wow Paul, so sorry to hear that. Ouch. Glad to see 2016 i already an improvement.

Thanks! Re-injury is my only worry here lately. I don't lift 30lbs anymore without a brace. And for crying out loud people...... Save your money on those mega buck cables and get Zenwave! Hardly anybody uses the quality of materials that Dave does, at multiples of the price. The very definition of good metal in your systems.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! MadFloyd's Avatar
    Thanks! Re-injury is my only worry here lately. I don't lift 30lbs anymore without a brace. And for crying out loud people...... Save your money on those mega buck cables and get Zenwave! Hardly anybody uses the quality of materials that Dave does, at multiples of the price. The very definition of good metal in your systems.
    Didn't realize that Dave was building cables. Zenwave, huh? Anyone try them? Can't argue with the prices!
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods Amplification: CAT JL7s, CAT Legend, CH Precision P1
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / SCPS-1 / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon / dCS Upsampler / Schiit Yggdrasil DAC
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna cables / Shunyata Denali 6000T, Sigma Zitron PC's / Furutech outlets
    Misc: Steve Blinn Designs rack & amp stands

I have, and they are stellar. The D4 are truly outstanding, and his power cables give an absolutely refined presentation. They just exude quality. I have not heard the speaker cables..... YET!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast