CJF's ZERO WAF 2ch Channel Rig & Room

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations on the new speakers! The room looks great too!

But why is the set-up zero WAF? (The wiring looks neat and clean, and it is not like the speakers are eight feet from the front wall into the room.)

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
Congratulations on the new speakers! The room looks great too!

But why is the set-up zero WAF? (The wiring looks neat and clean, and it is not like the speakers are eight feet from the front wall into the room.)

Thanks Ron,

I choose the zero WAF title because I know to some my lack of finishing touches may be a turn off (such as no baseboards yet..etc) and the fact that the "W" in the word WAF doesn't apply in my case at this time :)

I'm pretty happy with the room in general and it has come a long way from were I started. I had to knock down a wall that used to reside pretty much exactly between the two speakers that rendered the room all but useless for anything related to audio before that. As an added bonus, inside that wall was a brick chimney that also had to be removed which was a fairly daunting task in its own right. It was refreshing to see that after the dust settled the room was capable of being a decent listening space once that wall was gone.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
It is great that you were able to envision the room as a listening room without that wall.

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
Welp... Figure I'll post another update now that I'm at the 100hr or so mark.

The speakers have started to fill out quite a bit more now in terms of soundstage density,width and depth. The sound is much more "detached" from the cabinet now then it was in prior hours of use.

The center image is very strong and focused now and bass has started to make itself more known on familiar tracks. These things are Fast! While listening to Metallica's Black album one can't help but be impressed by the speed and accuracy of the drum work by Lars Ulrich on this album. I've know this before, but haven't truely "heard/felt" it till now :eek:

I've already caught myself forgetting that I'm listening to a box speaker and remain fully occupied and entertained by the new details present throughout the soundstage.

Human voices both Male and Female continue to impress me with their realistic sense of thereness and I'm confident that this aspect of the speakers character will not get old for a very long time.

Lastly, I continue to find myself wanting to bury the volume knob on the PreAmp (even though I have not done so) due to how clean and clear everything sounds. Absolutely zero hash, harshness or fatigue to report thus far.

Man I'm liking these bad boys :)

More to come later

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
Updating this thread,

Made some changes to the system over the last few months. Post # 1 has been updated with the new additions and Pics

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
It seems many of your system photos hosted by Flickr are no longer available.... just sayin'.

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
It seems many of your system photos hosted by Flickr are no longer available.... just sayin'.

Yes Thanks..Unfortunately the powers to be feel we are not responsible enough to edit our our posts within the members system sub forum so I've lost interest in adding anything new here.

In fact, I wouldn’t complain if this thread was simply deleted since I cant edit it

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing