Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese DAC shames a few heavy hitters

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Thought leader is not necessarily market leader.
    Yes market leaders. As I said they have over 50% of the DAC market. And now they have entered the mobile device market. The also recently acquired all of Wolfson's IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Yes I understand this. The only problem I have with the coloration is sometimes I want to hear the music as it was recorded. So far from all of the gain stages I've heard in my life, 100% discrete class A transistor based produce a sound that not measures awesome, but is also smooth and silky on the ears. Superior dynamics as well.
    I guess you have not heard enough then!

Too much dogma here. Based on the many mega systems I have been priviliged to listen to, I don't subscribe to your absolutes one iota. Many, many ways to skin a cat.
    Sorry.

Yes market leaders. As I said they have over 50% of the DAC market. And now they have entered the mobile device market. The also recently acquired all of Wolfson's IP.
    The title of foremost expert applies to thought leadership, not market leadership. They can be both, but the first comes the thought, the LOGOS.

Simple and basic are the same? Do you understand how much harder it is to engineer out complexity without a system breakdown?
    I have spoken to him at length…I guess I know more about this than you do. Carry on.
    Everyone has their own philosophy on design. There's no right or wrong. But one thing I have noticed with the lampi products is we never see any measurement data. Why can't he provide measurement data, when the Chinese can with low cost products like this?

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Wisnon don't think you have been around the last few days. Blizzard has done the forum to death. Best not to debate with him. He gets on multiple threads trolling

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Yup, that's why I use Broski's buffer, which is a more complex circuit... it has very little distortion and measures exceptionally well but still adds a lot of the positive attributes of tube gear. You should try his Aikido circuit sometime, it may displace your preference for transistors.
    As I said, many ways to skin a cat!

BTW, to me, my GG does NOT sound coloured.

I guess you have not heard enough then!

Too much dogma here. Based on the many mega systems I have been priviliged to listen to, I don't subscribe to your absolutes one iota. Many, many ways to skin a cat.
    Sorry.
    I prefer to base experience on the actual circuits, rather than finished products. You get a much clearer picture of what's actually going on, and why things are this way. There's way to many variables at play with complete systems to judge what's causing what. It could even be DSP in the FPGA. I don't subscribe to religious beliefs in audio, everything is how it is for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Yup, that's why I use Broski's buffer, which is a more complex circuit... it has very little distortion and measures exceptionally well but still adds a lot of the positive attributes of tube gear. You should try his Aikido circuit sometime, it may displace your preference for transistors.
    I would like to hear it. Although I'm a firm believe that these coloration's can be added in the digital domain.

I would like to hear it. Although I'm a firm believe that these coloration's can be added in the digital domain.
    I can agree here, BUT it is much , much harder than you let on and I dont think we are there yet….maybe even years away.

I can agree here, BUT it is much , much harder than you let on and I dont think we are there yet….maybe even years away.
    Maybe try HQplayer. The AKM AK4490's "velvet sound" filters do a fantastic job as well. And as you have said repeatedly, bughead, why do you think it sounds so good? All examples of coloration's introduced in the digital domain.

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast