Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese DAC shames a few heavy hitters

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] FrantzM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Great New Year resolution ... You are a happy man to have only a closet, I have a filled garage to empty!
    Care for a listing of things you want to part with via PM? Some might find a new home under the Tropics...

Happy New Year micro!
    Frantz

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    —Carl Sagan
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
    — E. F. Schumacher
    (mis-attributed to A. Einstein)

Nothing wrong with cheaper stuff..I use a $299 sqeezebox touch as my front end and a $899 miniDSP dirac box (from fong kong)behind that.
    Roon/Tidal ..Squeezebox touch . Twin Devialet D Premier amps , Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits .. fully treated room

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! nc42acc's Avatar
    Mike you have your place here in the forum just like the rest of us. I also feel you have a wealth of information to share in your areas of expertise. Sit back and listen to some of these other guys and learn. Nobody knows everything. And please my friend PLEASE try some decaf coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Ok guys. I'm out of this conversation. I'll be in my rubber room if anyone want to chat.
    Marty

What are you looking for Frantz? Feel free to PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by FrantzM View Post
    Care for a listing of things you want to part with via PM? Some might find a new home under the Tropics...

Happy New Year micro!
    Marty

Banned
    Any objection to moving this thread to Mike's forum since he has shared so much insight on its make up?

I started the thread but you can move it anywhere you like Amir
    Marty

Banned
    Thanks Marty. Will do the move now so that we can continue going after Mike in his rubber room.

I guess I will be left alone in here with Mike. He hasn't read that book "How to Make New Friends"
    Marty

Banned
    Vast majority of our members arrive at threads by using "New Posts." So no matter where the thread is, it gets read. I am certainly here and will be reporting on this DAC post CES.

Alternatively we could move Mike's forum under the Digital/DAC main forum instead of member area.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    He designs digital to analog chips for a living. Half of his patents are for analog circuits. Do you really think he can't design an output stage? That's like kindergarten level compared to what he usually does. I'm really not sure why anyone should think that this output stage is anything short of SOTA. Combined with Hqplayer, I wouldn't doubt it if it could out do the Lampi GG certainly better clocks and measurements.

Anyways I have no concrete proof of who designed this output stage, but it looks like a real nice design to me.
    Your words not mine.

I have actually heard several Dacs of all price ranges and nothing so far has displaced the GG as my favorite, not worried in the least about that. Lukasz is damn good in analog…you should hear his amps.

You said this guy is a DIGITAL expert and we speak of analog output and no, digital expert does not necessarily translate to analog oputput stage expert…. that much should be clear. Of course, its also possible that he is.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast