Sabrina

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I am also considering and would be interested...

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I have listened to Sabrina's in two rooms and they seem much more easy to setup than the other Wilson's I have experience with, such as X2's, Watt's, Alexia or Maxx's.

In one setup they were well back in the room and their sound blended with the whole room, creating a believable and huge sound stage. Voices were particularly good with the ARC setup, that included the new REF150Se.

They other room was larger, and they recreated the same type of sound, although they were farther from the back wall. In some aspects they managed to create a more "natural" sound than many bigger speakers, without the pinpoint and (IMHO) too exact characteristics of mini monitor type speakers. Should we consider them the "planar" Wilson's?

Their characteristics are too subjective to be described appropriately in a few in words - you should listen to them in an adequate system.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I have listened to Sabrina's in two rooms and they seem much more easy to setup than the other Wilson's I have experience with, such as X2's, Watt's, Alexia or Maxx's.

In one setup they were well back in the room and their sound blended with the whole room, creating a believable and huge sound stage. Voices were particularly good with the ARC setup, that included the new REF150Se.

They other room was larger, and they recreated the same type of sound, although they were farther from the back wall. In some aspects they managed to create a more "natural" sound than many bigger speakers, without the pinpoint and (IMHO) too exact characteristics of mini monitor type speakers. Should we consider them the "planar" Wilson's?

Their characteristics are too subjective to be described appropriately in a few in words - you should listen to them in an adequate system.

Thank you microstrip. Very helpful.

analog brother

Jan 20, 2014
very good description.
sabrina has a pretty small footprint and overall size which allow it to work in smaller rooms.
the load is a little difficult though, so you will need a nice amp to control the show.
as mentioned, arc match well with them.
the new wilson's with the silk-dome tweeter have a nicer tone than previous imo.
young darryl wilson is doing a fine job designing the new speakers. the new alexx just released looks superb!!!

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015
I have a PrimaLuna Premium Dialogue HP amp (75 wpc) and listen mostly to classical music at moderate levels (rarely more than 90dB)--would it sufficiently drive these speakers?

Andrew Stenhouse

Feb 14, 2016
Sydney, Australia
I would think so John, but that said - only one way to find out!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
At THE Show last week there were side by side Wilson rooms, one with Sasha and VTL and the other with Sabrina and Einstein

The Sabrina IMO was so much better sounding and definitely more engaging than the Sasha

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I have listened to them twice in rooms I know pretty well and I feel I need a third audition - they sounded too good to be true. :)

Dr Tone

Apr 24, 2016
At THE Show last week there were side by side Wilson rooms, one with Sasha and VTL and the other with Sabrina and Einstein

The Sabrina IMO was so much better sounding and definitely more engaging than the Sasha

I was recently out of town for 4 weeks, I sure missed mine while I was gone.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing