New Kronos review!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Great stuff to come and great music also. Curious to know your tests with both tables. I have an AC. With the 3 motors in a round shape and battery power supply. You should try the BN platter it is a good jump in sq.

Hi which cart and arm are you using?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Finally yes. For the price of the rebuilt I could not have a better cart (as far as I know but don't know them all).
In the absolute I think maybe a Myiajima could be a better choice for the kind of music I mainly listen.
As I have tube amps and pre I can tune the sound with different nos tubes and good associations. Every tube is important in that game. We mainly think about the 12ax or 12 au, but a 6x4 and EF86, or 12bh7 (the ones that I have in my pre) have a big part in final resolution.
It takes time to refine associations but it is funny also as you can "cook" the final sound.
In the amps I have EL34 Mullards xf2 oo and in the pre part of the amps 2 Ecc83 Valvo I60 and 2 Ecc82 Valvo with dimple getter. They are written Ecc802s but they are not. The partnership between them is great.
In the pre I have 3 Ecc803s Telefunken, 2 E188cc or Cca Siemens, a Cifte WAH 6x4' Sylvania 12bh7A and a Ef86 Valvo.
Recently I tried to replace the Ecc803 with Valvo I60 but t rounded a bit too much.

I have to say I am not always interverting tubes. In this moment I do it often but I previously kept years with the same configuration.
Did I say I like tubes, their sound, their look their boxes, the fact that when one is used you put another one and the amp sound as new anew ?
Well I'm getting out of the question a bit it seems

StickMan451

Aug 11, 2010
Castle Rock, CO
Have you tried other arms/cartridges on your AC? Right now I am leaning towards putting the Sussurro on the AC (Raven 10.5 arm) and the Shilable on the Kronos (12" Black Beauty arm). Anyone got some comments on the best way to go?

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Have you tried other arms/cartridges on your AC? Right now I am leaning towards putting the Sussurro on the AC (Raven 10.5 arm) and the Shilable on the Kronos (12" Black Beauty arm). Anyone got some comments on the best way to go?

I previously had Koetsu Classic Red and a RSP. The RSP is great also.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing