New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Sixers totally collapsed in the second half

I’ll say it again if they lose and I were owner I’d fire Doc. I just think he needs to be upstairs and not coaching. I said that when he was with the Clippers

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
As good as the Sixers' lineup is, there is no clutch shooters when they need them. Curry, Harris, Korkmatz, Simmons are not what you call clutch shooters. It's all on Embiid and Atlanta triple teams him in the paint.

Think KD. :)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Yeah, 76ers move Doc upstairs and hire Chauncey Billips
If the story is true and Ballmer is recruiting Luka, and he signs with the Clippers that team would rule the west

When is Luka's contract up

And isn't it tampering by Ballmer to do what he did.
I was kidding about that. Needed some comic relief given the Kawhi situation. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Yeah, 76ers move Doc upstairs and hire Chauncey Billips

I was kidding about that. Needed some comic relief given the Kawhi situation. :)
you had me going Mike. Two billionaires go head to head with Ballmer and Cuban

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Back to the Sixers game, Seth Curry and Embiid kept playing the same 2-man game and it wasn't working.

Don't know if anybody else noticed this but Doc and Tobias Harris had a somewhat heated exchange on the sideline with a few minutes left in the game. Don't know if Doc was telling Tobias to step up or if Tobias was upset about the constant Curry/Embiid exchanges.

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Back to the Sixers game, Seth Curry and Embiid kept playing the same 2-man game and it wasn't working.

Don't know if anybody else noticed this but Doc and Tobias Harris had a somewhat heated exchange on the sideline with a few minutes left in the game. Don't know if Doc was telling Tobias to step up or if Tobias was upset about the constant Curry/Embiid exchanges.
I didn't notice the heated exchange but yes, I saw them just play a 2-man game (which was so so easy for the Hawks to defend) and if I was the coach, I can only tell my players to score 2 points, how hard can that be? As a coach, I cannot make 2 points in my seat. So really, to me, the onus of for any of the 5 players down there to score 2 points in a possession, which , incredibly, they just couldn't do.

Reactions: WLVCA

Steve Williams

I saw it. Doc at the end of it all gave him a little shot in the gut

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
It is a miracle....Clippers win

Paul George carried the day!

Maybe everybody will stop dogging him about his playoff performance now.

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It is a miracle....Clippers win

Paul George carried the day!

Maybe everybody will stop dogging him about his playoff performance now.
Great win. Happy to see the end game end like that. Utah made a run at Reggie and George nailed the clutch shots. Where Harris, Seth, Simmons and even Embiid did not. Morris, i like him in Boston and he's a bruiser who can score. That's what is needed of him. 20ppg.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And just to dissect the Philly game a bit. The baffling thing is the scorers who choked when they are paid a bundle. Take Tobias Harris, the highest paid Sixers this year, $34.5m a year, to score 4 puny points in 38 minutes. Ben Simmons, 2nd highest paid Sixer at $30.5m, 8 points and a horrible 4-14 foul shooting. Make 4 more and they would have won by 1 point. Embiid at $29m did the brunt of the scoring when they took a big lead, then was bottled up by double teams and triple teams when guys like Seth Curry and Korkmatz or Harris should have nailed the outside shot. But they kept missing. It may be simplistic, but once these players who were paid to make shots and prolific points ( like KD, Harden and Irving) do not make the shots, there is nothing much the whole coaching staff can do. And before I forget, Jrue Holiday missed 3 or 4 open shots and the Bucks couldn't hold the lead. While Durant just kept draining them. And by the way, one Reggie Jackson (not a superstar by any means) hit important shots towards the end of the game to hold the Clips' lead. This league is not about draining the shots, but draining the shots *when you need them most*. That is why I still consider Kareem the epitome of the end game money shot maker - the money man.

Steve Williams

Some notes for today

Van Gundy fired as Pelicans coach after one season

Melo Ball wins Rookie of the Year

I've been very impressed with Reggie Jackson on the Clippers.He has incredible accuracy with his outside shots and made up the slack in Kawhi's absence

Reactions: jadis and WLVCA

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Some notes for today

Van Gundy fired as Pelicans coach after one season

Melo Ball wins Rookie of the Year

I've been very impressed with Reggie Jackson on the Clippers.He has incredible accuracy with his outside shots and made up the slack in Kawhi's absence
I've been pleasantly surprised with Reggie Jackson this year. He's been outstanding for the Clippers.

Reactions: Steve Williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing