New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
This one has become a nail biter Mike as again there are many lead changes

LAC 86-81 but the biggest lead by either team in the game has been only 7 points so these leads come and go quickly.

Reactions: christoph

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Neither team is going to surrender in this game.

It does appear to me that Luka may be wearing down a bit.

Could be wishful thinking.... :)

Steve Williams

The difference today is all KL despite Luka's scoring performance. Luka as always fades in the 2nd half and he seems to have done that in the 3rd

2!-2 LAC run as the Clipps finally show some killer instinct and are now playing as winners and are pulling away

End of 3rd LAC 100-85

Steve Williams

Congrats on the win Mike

The Clippers finally played the best game of what I saw in their season. Everyone was playing perfectly and I believe they can beat the Jazz which IMO would then leave a Suns-Clippers Conference final

So many what ifs but today the Clipps played like champions. Kawhi was finally on his game and earning his money as he was a huge factor on the defensive end. PG played stellar so if they can keep up this pace they should get by the Jazz

The next question is whether the Nuggs (who I called for the west) can beat the fast paced Suns and Devin Booker. I feel this will be series that the Nuggs will wish they had Jamal Murray healthy and playing.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Thank you, Steve.

Utah will be a tough opponent especially since Donovan Mitchell has recovered from his injury.

Steve Williams

Thank you, Steve.

Utah will be a tough opponent especially since Donovan Mitchell has recovered from his injury.
Kawhi finally redeemed himself in my book today as he truly was the difference

I truly believe if they could find the wherewithal not only could they win the west but they just could win it all

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Yes, Kawhi played very well the last two games in this series.

No team wins them all but the Clippers are inconsistent.

Look like world beaters one game and not so good in others.

I hope the good Clippers show up on a more regular basis.

Steve Williams

Yes, Kawhi played very well the last two games in this series.

No team wins them all but the Clippers are inconsistent.

Look like world beaters one game and not so good in others.

I hope the good Clippers show up on a more regular basis.
I agree and you know I am a big naysayer of the team for that reason. So for me to say what I did ….for the first time I felt that killer instinct in KL. He dominated today. So yes if they keep it up they can do deep. And yes’m team wins them all but when you look at the Mavs they shut them down in the second half

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Woke up with the game virtually wrapped up as it's an early afternoon start there. Saw the highlights and good to see the Clips retained their poise and composure down the end. Reggie Jackson is big. I always thought of the big contract the Pistons gave him so he must have been really good then. A far cry from having Beverley who has no offense. The 'others' shone as well, Kennard and Terence Mann and that is really what it takes for them to win a series, help. Kawhi indeed is what he is supposed to be, then main cog and he seems pumped up and has lots of energy. Nice to see the Clips move on. I've been rooting for them the past few years ( Green connections) and still felt they should have been in the West Finals last year. I really would like to seem them vindicate themselves but this is just round 1 with 2 more to go till they can be in the finals. Got to love the 'cheerfulness' of Balmer. The last 2 games he like softly beating up his friend beside him after a great shot.:D Congratulations Mike, you're the only true Clippers fan I know of these days. :)

Reactions: WLVCA and christoph

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Ha
Woke up with the game virtually wrapped up as it's an early afternoon start there. Saw the highlights and good to see the Clips retained their poise and composure down the end. Reggie Jackson is big. I always thought of the big contract the Pistons gave him so he must have been really good then. A far cry from having Beverley who has no offense. The 'others' shone as well, Kennard and Terence Mann and that is really what it takes for them to win a series, help. Kawhi indeed is what he is supposed to be, then main cog and he seems pumped up and has lots of energy. Nice to see the Clips move on. I've been rooting for them the past few years ( Green connections) and still felt they should have been in the West Finals last year. I really would like to seem them vindicate themselves but this is just round 1 with 2 more to go till they can be in the finals. Got to love the 'cheerfulness' of Balmer. The last 2 games he like softly beating up his friend beside him after a great shot.:D Congratulations Mike, you're the only true Clippers fan I know of these days. :)
Have to love Ballmer as he is a true fan of the game. Both of the most animated owners were involved in this series - Mark Cuban and Ballmer.

Reggie Jackson has been a big surprise to me this season. He really stepped up when the Clips needed help at point guard.

Terrence Mann has been great, too. Just his second year in the NBA and he plays without fear.

Kennard still has to prove himself to me. They gave him a big contract and he hasn't earned it yet. He has been better of late. He is afraid to shoot the ball sometimes and he is paid to make 3 pointers. Every time they pass him the ball I start screaming SHOOT THE BALL!

Hoping they live up to their potential finally this year

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
How how bout the sportsmanship gestures after the game. So good to see and it makes one feel good to know it's only a game and the best team won. Cuban was even chatting with some Clippers players. Great to see that in sports. Makes the game really more fun to watch.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Big awakening for the Sixers as the Hawks prevail in Game 1. Final Hawks. 128-124. Sixers almost pull off the win with some strong plays in the last 30 seconds however they just ran out of clock.

Trae Young is also going to be a super star

Let's not forget that Memphis who finished 8th in the Play In beat the Jazz in Game 1 of the first Round
Hawks got a lot of solid players. And shooters aside from Trey. Sixers have to play real good defense for game 2 as the Hawks look very very fluid on offense. Hawks is a very fast team, and can tire out the Sixers.

Steve Williams

two great games today as the Bucks take on the Nets sans Harden. Im betting Harden won't play the rest of the season as he might become a liability rather than an asset. Also we will see how good the Suns are when they take on the Nuggs with Jokic but sansJamal Murray. With Murray out and the way the Suns play I sense they have the advantage in this series

Cant wait to see the next Hawks-Sixers game. I thought the way the Sixers almost pulled of a tie in the final minute of the game was something to behold until the Hawks finally won

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing