New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Wiggins missed a lot of open shots and a layup.
Warriors needed those points. Can't be always Curry. Great defense too by the Grizzlies.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Why wasn't LeBron suspended for breaking Covid protocol? NBA playing favorites? Is promoting tequila an exempted activity? He should be sitting for 10 to 14 days just like his teammate Dennis Schroder had to do.

Reactions: jadis and christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Why wasn't LeBron suspended for breaking Covid protocol? NBA playing favorites? Is promoting tequila an exempted activity? He should be sitting for 10 to 14 days just like his teammate Dennis Schroder had to do.

Nba needs to review this. :D Then all teams will lose their time outs if proven wrong. :D
Definitely he should be sitting for 14 days like all others players did this whole season. I'm sure Silver isn't taking any calls now as he has to admit the protocols don't apply to one player who is above the law, like the movie of Steven Siegal.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Not trying to disparage the Clipps but what I have seen this season is that the game has become much faster and stamina wanes with older teams. Not only do I think that the teams need to have a few superstars but so also do they need the stamina that comes with a young team. IIRC the Lakers are the oldest team in the league. A healthy Lakers might advance but I don’t see them winning the west. However Vegas odds are favoring the Lakers over the Suns. We shall see.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I was thinking along similar lines as to how KL and PG seem now to be split seconds too late on deflections and reach ins. While they have IMO been delivering on the offensive end, the promise of locking down on the wings has yet to materialize. Are they being told to be conservative on that end or have they indeed slowed down? :(

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
What a shame....CP3 down with a shoulder injury already. Seems to happen every time he's in the playoffs. hope he's able to come back.

• Sad
Reactions: christoph

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Lakers looked old and overmatched today as the Suns took game 1 in the series.

Chris Paul was heroic, playing with a bum shoulder and Anthony Davis faded away in this game. AD was definitely outplayed by Deandre Ayton, the Suns young center.

Suns looked like veteran team today, cool and collected. Early view says the Suns will take this series.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
They are my dark horse as I said, if there is such a thing as a 2-seed dark horse.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
They are my dark horse as I said, if there is such a thing as a 2-seed dark horse.
Jack, when I think of the Suns, I always think of your cousin Keith, the only true Suns fan that I know. :D Happy for him if his Suns can advance and I might even want to virtual hug the whole Suns team. :D For sure the Lakers will adjust, trying to stop Booker and Ayton, but these young Suns look like jumping beans, full of energy. And a key pick-up this season for them is the experienced Jae Crowder, who was in the finals last seaon with the Heat. I am totally amazed at Booker, he and Beal of the Wizards, they can create their own shots and shoot anytime they want and make them.

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Jack is right om

The way the Suns played they were unbeatable. That plus an inspiration time out speech by Monty Williams to his team. This coupled with CP3 's gutsiness and the tenacity of Deandre Ayton. He played amazing at both ends of the court. Finally Devin Booker was on his game and gave warning to the Lakers that Vegas odds might have favored the Lakers but he was there to prove them wrong

Steve Williams

Monty Williams speech reminded me of Robin Williams speech to his class in one of my favorite movies Dead Poets Society when he said "carpe diem"

The Suns have their chance. They have the talent and the youth.The Lakers have the talent but not the youth

AD was way off his game

Steve Williams

Finally, I have to say that all too often the refs make that wrong call because the game is so fast but now with replay, I thought their assessment of the dust up after LeBron went down on a foul by CP3, was dead on

Devin Booker is a super star and will sign the next super max contract

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing