New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Mike

There is just something not right with the Clipps and that statistic tends to prove it

On paper the Clipps have to be regarded as one of the best teams in the NBA but are faltering at the end of close games

I don't see Ballmer standing silently by at season end if the Clipps don't perform up to ecpectations

You know that IMO I am not a Lue fan for the Clipps coaching job. I just think he is being outcoached by smarter and better coaches
Doc and Lue both have championship credentials so I'm not sure it is coaching. I will say that Lue seemed to have a better (less free form one on one) offense than Doc. Could be though.

But something is definitely amiss and I'm not sure what it is.

Perhaps it is Kawhi. Earlier I mentioned an article that pointed out he was with two teams that had good, existing cultures. Now he's the guy that is supposed to lead in culture building...and he may not be the guy to do that given his personality.

Ballmer won't just stand by if things don't improve....I agree with that...and that is the good news. He has the resources to do what he wants. He'll definitely want to fill up the new arena he is building

Kawhi may leave or be forced out. To be honest, I'd be OK with that at this point. He does have an option for next year. However, there are no big times super stars in the upcoming free agency class. Perhaps Jerry West can pull a rabbit out of his hat in a trade deal...but not likely to get the upper hand in a trade.

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
So Pistons buy out the contract of Blake Griffin who is signing with the Brooklyn Nets.
Now that’s news as that will IMO make the Nets the clear favorites to win it all

a battle of Billionaires as Steve Ballmer pays $2B whilst Joseph Tsai of Alibaba fame pays $2.3B for Nets. No such thing as a luxury tax to these guys as it is “only a number” as they look at it as just the cost of doing business.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So Pistons buy out the contract of Blake Griffin who is signing with the Brooklyn Nets.
Now that’s news as that will IMO make the Nets the clear favorites to win it all

a battle of Billionaires as Steve Ballmer pays $2B whilst Joseph Tsai of Alibaba fame pays $2.3B for Nets. No such thing as a luxury tax to these guys as it is “only a number” as they look at it as just the cost of doing business.
Endgame, Steve.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Now I get to understand a bit why Ainge ain't pulling any trigger. One or 2 moves will not make them beat the Nets, even without Blake.

Last edited:

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I'm glad to see Blake land with a good team and join his former Clipper buddy D'Andre Jordan.....although it will be hard to want to see a team that also includes James Harden and Kyrie Irving win.

• Haha
Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

I'm glad to see Blake land with a good team and join his former Clipper buddy D'Andre Jordan.....although it will be hard to want to see a team that also includes James Harden and Kyrie Irving win.
they have to be odds on favorite to win it all

Steve Williams

Good fun game tonight and truly an all star cast of NBA's greatest

This however for me was the best play of the game. You gotta love Steph who I I believe to have the best shot the NBA has ever seen

Reactions: jadis and christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
This is certainly a big surprise (at least for me) but I wouldn't go so far to call the Nets clear favorites...

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
I'm glad to see Blake land with a good team and join his former Clipper buddy D'Andre Jordan.....
Cool to see the lob city brother re-united :cool:
But do they still have the hops? :D

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
none of us do:eek:
At least I would love to see my favorite player KD win another ring ;)
If that means The Beard Harden and Flat-Earth Kyrie get a ring as well, that is absolutely fine with me :p

Reactions: jadis

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Good fun game tonight and truly an all star cast of NBA's greatest

This however for me was the best play of the game. You gotta love Steph who I I believe to have the best shot the NBA has ever seen

Incredible shooter really. And he shoots so effortlessly as if he just heaves the ball up and knows the 'force' needed to it to land into the hoop like a calculator of distance and force. While Bird may have made the most 'confident' shot in the All Star 3 point shootout by pointing his index finger up after he released the winning shot, this one of Curry tops it by a big margin. :D

Steve Williams

Cool to see the lob city brother re-united :cool:
But do they still have the hops? :D
I think "on paper" they do but who do you think has a lineup as formidable as the Nets now. Even if Blake is a role player I thought the acquisition was a brilliant move. Blake has gone from being a poster boy for the NBA to a 'has been' mired in Detroit

Reactions: christoph and jadis

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
I think "on paper" they do but who do you think has a lineup as formidable as the Nets now. Even if Blake is a role player I thought the acquisition was a brilliant move. Blake has gone from being a poster boy for the NBA to a 'has been' mired in Detroit
I would say DeAndre is even more a role player than Blake :oops:
But I sure hope Blake can live up to his former glory, at least to some extent :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I would say DeAndre is even more a role player than Blake :oops:
But I sure hope Blake can live up to his former glory, at least to some extent :D
He is now a 3 ball shooter. Line drive ala Reggie Miller, though not near that level. :)

When I first saw him play, he was my 'ideal' power forward, together with Kevin Love , in this Wolves days.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing