New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Celtics Heat game postponed. I thought it was due to the C's not having enough players. It turns out it was the Heat's lacking the minimum players. Oh boy.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Between NFL games and online extended family events I totally forgot that the Clippers played the Bulls today.

LAC won 130-127.

Maybe they do better when I don't watch.
Pretty much the same with me here. Most of the time I tune in and the C's have a big lead, the lead starts to vanish and in a little while they are trailing.

Reactions: WLVCA

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Pretty much the same with me here. Most of the time I tune in and the C's have a big lead, the lead starts to vanish and in a little while they are trailing.
Phil

It is happening in just about every game played in the NBA this year. No lead is sacred as I have watched many teams in the first few weeks of the season overcome huge deficits and go on to win.

It seems that sadly the only thing slowing teams down is a depleted team from COVID. Short of that I feel that any and every game played sonar has been very competitive and as said before , all teams are going to suffer letdowns as a result

FWIW the league has tet to release the schedule for the 2nd half of the season

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Phil

It is happening in just about every game played in the NBA this year. No lead is sacred as I have watched many teams in the first few weeks of the season overcome huge deficits and go on to win.

It seems that sadly the only thing slowing teams down is a depleted team from COVID. Short of that I feel that any and every game played sonar has been very competitive and as said before , all teams are going to suffer letdowns as a result

FWIW the league has tet to release the schedule for the 2nd half of the season
Agree, Steve. Let's hope for the best.

Steve Williams

two games are all that separates the top 8 teams in each conference and 2.5 games is all that separates the top 10 teams in each conference

Good to see the GSW won again yesterday, narrowly beating the raptors

Steve Williams

NBA Power Rankings: Why the Golden State Warriors, Dallas Mavericks and Charlotte Hornets are trending up

Steve Williams

Not sure if you noticed but LaMelo came through with his first triple double of his career

For me, this season has been exciting to watch in spite of the empty arenas and all of the health precautions

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

and more about the Warriors win over the Raptors.....

How Golden State Warriors survived Steph Curry's worst shooting night ever

"Well, I never thought I'd go 2-of-16," Curry said with a grin. "So I never even thought about that."

Though Curry would love to forget the way he shot, he took solace in the fact that his teammates rallied around him to the point where the Warriors could still pick up the kind of victory that would have eluded them earlier in the season. Curry's 2-for-16 outing was the worst performance in his career in a game when he had a minimum of five shot attempts, according to ESPN Stats & Information research, but the win, on a night when he couldn't find any rhythm against Fred VanVleet and Kyle Lowry, speaks to the growth the Warriors feel they've taken over the first two weeks of the season.

"It means obviously we're moving in the right direction," Curry said. "My offense, I expect it to be there every night. And obviously, with how teams are defending night to night, being able to figure that out, but in terms of us just having confidence across the board no matter who's out there on the floor, I think where we're at right now in terms of guys stepping up, us staying within ourselves, finding different ways to execute on that end of the floor. But we don't win a game like this ... without our defense, taking strides in the right direction. We all understood that tonight and definitely that won us the game with how ugly that second half was on the offensive end."

Warriors coach Steve Kerr echoed that sentiment -- believing that his young team was rallying around the idea that its defense was going to have to serve as the engine of the team even more than it did during the past few championship seasons, given the lack of superstar power surrounding Curry.

"You guys heard me the first day of training camp," Kerr said. "I talked about our defense and that we have to be a defensive-minded team -- and that was the point. That this is not the team from three years ago with KD [Kevin Durant] and Klay [Thompson] and all these different offensive weapons. This is a more traditional NBA team."

As rosters thin, NBA has no plans to halt season

The NBA's COVID-19 preparation for the season is already being tested
Despite his struggles, Curry still found a way to chip in with nine rebounds and six assists in 38 minutes. His presence allowed his teammates to thrive -- as evidenced in part by the 46 bench points the Warriors amassed. But Kerr's proclamation prior to the season about defense has resonated with a roster that got an emotional boost from seeing that it could win even when its superstar wasn't playing up to his usual high level.

"I think we have enough talent, enough weapons to overcome a bad shooting performance," Kerr said. "So I don't even know that I need to say anything. If it happens, these guys all look at the box score, they know what's going on. And they know by this time that the key to our team is our defense. And we were very good defensively tonight again. So we're absolutely heading in a good direction."

The question that will hover over Curry and the Warriors throughout the season is whether his body will be able to withstand the type of punishing defense that he sees every night. The Raptors, like so many others on the Warriors' schedule, threw body after body at Curry and forced him into many contested looks. As Kerr looks for ways to get his star more space, he does so knowing that Curry won't let his performance Sunday get in his head at all.

"I've shot 0-for-11 one time and 1-for-10 and all everywhere in between," Curry said. "So mostly it's just keep shooting, and eventually it will find its way. I think you kind of have to stay engaged on the other parts of the game, obviously defensively, trying to get rebounds, be a decoy sometimes if necessary. There's a lot of different ways that you can still be impactful if you're not shooting, but at the end of the day, just keep shooting. I'm not worried about that. At all."

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Not sure if you noticed but LaMelo came through with his first triple double of his career

For me, this season has been exciting to watch in spite of the empty arenas and all of the health precautions
Saw the game highlights and noticed how focused and confident he is on the court. Great court vision, and he's listed as 6'8" , and can be a Ben Simmons who can shoot. Now, that is scary.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Was watching my Rams defeating their division rival Seahawks on Saturday.

Go Rams this Saturday against Packers!
Strange not to see the Patriots in the playoffs but at least Brady is still there. :D Ex-Niners fan. From SB to 'eliminated'. :(

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hayward continues to lead the Hornets over the Knicks. 34 points with 2 min to go, up by 15.

Reactions: MikeHorns

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You are right, once Hayward is liberated from the Celtics, he plays like an all-star again. I'm still skeptical about the 4-year, near-max contract he received from MJ.
As long as he doesn't become a Chandler Parsons or Ryan Anderson. . . .

Reactions: MikeHorns

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing