New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Rubio is very good whereas Doncic is already a superstar and that rightly so!
Is there also a Pistol Pete in Basketball? I only know Pete Sampras as Pistol Pete :D
Pistol Pete Maravich was one of my idols back then. I'd call him Rifleman Pete as a shooter, and before Magic had the no-look pass, Pistol Pete was doing it. And who ever had a 'bowling ball' pass/assist other than him. :D

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Pistol Pete Maravich was one of my idols back then. I'd call him Rifleman Pete as a shooter, and before Magic had the no-look pass, Pistol Pete was doing it. And who ever had a 'bowling ball' pass/assist other than him. :D

Very cool :cool:
Thanks for sharing :D

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And trivia time, Pistol Pete actually became a Celtic, on his last year as a player, and played with rookie Larry Bird. :oops:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Check out the

I added an 'assist' video of Pistol Pete too. :)
Awesome!
Blind understanding between him and his team mates :eek:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Rubio is very good whereas Doncic is already a superstar and that rightly so!
Is there also a Pistol Pete in Basketball? I only know Pete Sampras as Pistol Pete :D
Pistol Pete Maravich I watched him play. I guess that dates me

Peter Press Maravich, known by his nickname Pistol Pete, was an American professional basketball player. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest players in basketball history. Maravich was born in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania, part of the Pittsburgh metropolitan area, and raised in the Carolinas

Steve Williams

And trivia time, Pistol Pete actually became a Celtic, on his last year as a player, and played with rookie Larry Bird. :oops:
I remember watching him play for the Celts

Steve Williams

FWIW at the end of the season's 2nd week

Phoenix is 5-1 and in 1st in the west and in the east there is a 4 way tie at 4-1

In the west the Pels and Jazz are right behind the Lakers and Clippers

In this abbreviated season I still believe that the standings will be very close and very competitive

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

when I saw Pistol Pete play, I still lived in Toronto and was starting to love the NBA I remember driving to Bufalo to watch the Buffalo Braves play Pitol Pete.

His accolades all came before there was a 3 point line nd before the 24 second clock

Reactions: jadis and christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Basketball Hall of Famer Paul Westphal dies after battle with brain cancer​

I saw him play only on that 'Greatest Game Ever Played' triple OT Finals Game and was greatly impressed with his strength and driving abilities as a point guard and scorer. Of course Suns fans will know him better.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
That should be a good game

The Suns match up really well against the Lakers
With Booker, Ayton and CP3 the Suns are improved.

I watched some of the Suns game a couple nights ago and they had Booker bringing the ball up the court rather than CP3. Wonder what Chris thinks about that - reminded me of his days with the Rockets playing second fiddle to Harden.

Steve Williams

With Booker, Ayton and CP3 the Suns are improved.

I watched some of the Suns game a couple nights ago and they had Booker bringing the ball up the court rather than CP3. Wonder what Chris thinks about that - reminded me of his days with the Rockets playing second fiddle to Harden.
Fact is Booker is a better player than CP3

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Fact is Booker is a better player than CP3
Don't disagree with that but I figured CP3 would play point and Booker would be the shooting guard.

Suns coach Monty Williams knows more about basketball than me so I'll trust his judgement. ;)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing