New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Clippers lose 124-73

Ouch
It only proves my point that the parity in the league is so good that on any day any team can beat another. It all boils down to who remain healthy and survive a 7 game series

It means nothing now Mike but I have said that the Mavs IMO are a sleeper team. Luka is a kid and a superstar. His back up is also very solid.

Denver is the same type of team

Utah is proving their value and Portland is also going to be there. So. nothing is a cinch IMO in either conference as there are just so many great teams

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm not sure if you guys caught this. I remember K C Jones playing as I was a kid growing up. He will be missed. A definite class act in the game during a bygone era

Celtics legend K.C. Jones dies at 88​

Jones won multiple championships with Boston as a player and coach.​

BOSTON (AP) — Basketball Hall of Famer K.C. Jones, an Olympic gold medalist and two-time NCAA champion who won eight straight NBA titles during the Celtics’ Bill Russell era and then coached the Boston teams with Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and Robert Parish to two more championships in the 1980s, has died. He was 88.

The Celtics said Jones’ family confirmed Friday that he died at an assistant living facility in Connecticut, where he had been receiving care for Alzheimer’s disease for the past several years

Jones joined with Bill Russell to lead San Francisco to back-to-back NCAA championships in 1955-56. The two also played on the U.S. team that won the Olympic gold medal at the 1956 Games in Melbourne.

A second-round draft choice by the Celtics, Jones reunited with Russell to win eight straight NBA titles from 1959-66. He retired in 1967 and began coaching, first in college at Brandeis and Harvard before joining the Los Angeles Lakers as an assistant, in 1971-72, where he earned another championship ring.

“K.C.’s coaching career was similarly illustrious. He was named to lead the Celtics in 1983, beginning what is one of the most remarkable head coaching runs the NBA has seen. K.C. helmed the Celtics for two of the most memorable seasons in the team’s rich history, first leading the team to a championship in 1984 over the Lakers during a peak of that storied rivalry. Two seasons later, he led what many consider the greatest team in NBA history, the 1986 Champion Boston Celtics. These were the highlights of an astonishing four consecutive seasons in the NBA Finals, one of the most impressive and beloved Celtics eras.

“K.C. also demonstrated that one could be both a fierce competitor and a gentleman in every sense of the word. He made his teammates better, and he got the most out of the players he coached. Never one to seek credit, his glory was found in the most fundamental of basketball ideals – being part of a winning team. The Celtics family mourns his loss, as we celebrate his remarkable career and life.”
Thanks for posting, Steve. I learned of his passing from the Celtics FB Groups a few days ago. KC retired as a player just when I saw my first Celtics game on TV here in the late 60s. He was an assistant coach and head coach at the time my adrenaline was peaking due to the arrival of Larry Bird and the revival of Celtics basketball. Unforgettable were the titles he won as HC against the mighty showtime Lakers in 1984 and the twin towers of Houston in 1986. I didn't know that he joined the Lakers as an assistant in 1972 till now. He will surely be missed by Celtics fans and other admirers as well.

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
News: 1 hour ago Embiid has been ruled out of Sunday's game against the Cavaliers due to tightness in his back, Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
Spin: Chances are, Embiid's absence is more maintenance-related than anything else, as the Sixers play on the second night of a back-to-back. Dwight Howard will get the start at center, with Tony Bradley set for backup minutes.

Doc is already cuddling Embiid as he did with Kawhi. :rolleyes:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So there's another Holiday, this one playing for the Pacers. The announcer said there are actually 3 Holiday brothers in the league. They just don't have a self made famous father. :D

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
I like both Aaron and Jrue, as they both played for the Bruins.

As for the self-made outspoken Dad, I'm afraid there will be more copycats down the pipe. The Ball family and Kardashians(one of Phil's favorites :p ) are laughing to the bank with TV shows and endorsements.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
How bout this. Hornets nets the Nets. :D

Ex celtics Hayward and Rozier combined to beat Durant and Irving. Danny had it all wrong. :D

And the Celtics lost by 1 to the Pacers.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Knicks, with new coach Thibs, beat the Bucks by 20 points.

• Wow
Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Doc is already cuddling Embiid as he did with Kawhi. :rolleyes:
The result is a 24 point blowout. With Drummond getting his way. I still believe in the big man's game. :)

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
With or without Giannis?
What unpredictable extreme blow out losses by the Clippers and the Bucks o_O

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
With or without Giannis?
What unpredictable extreme blow out losses by the Clippers and the Bucks o_O
With. He scored 27 points. I can't explain why they would lose with a very good roster. Only that the Knicks kept scoring too.

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
As I said days ago I really don’t believe that the Bucks are the best team in the East

Reactions: MikeHorns and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
''IF' KD & pyro Kyrie stay healthy throughout the season(they are both sittin' tonight), I think Nets is the one to beat in the East.
K&K are not playing tonight, due to back to back games. I thought the NBA will be tougher on LM. :rolleyes:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing