New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
And I don't even know where to begin when it comes to why I get to hate an athlete so much in a game I loved since I was 7 years old. I have to correct the notion that I'm a Lakers hater. No I'm not. I have the utmost respect for the Kareem, Magic team in the 80s for the clash of the titans type of Finals that they brought to the NBA. Needless to say, I did not root for them but they were the purest, fiercest competitors I've ever seen in my basketball life. I had no problem when Lebron went to join the Lakers. It was by the rules as he was a free agent. Bunny hopping for a title team is not that loathsome when compared to what he did next. I would have even respected him had he stuck with the team that was there, Lonzo, Ingram, et al, and won the title. However I get to flip the rules of the NBA, I can never see how dining and recruiting Anthony Davis after a regular season game his not a violation of anti tampering which he got out scathe free. Then the whole scheme unravelled, to hook a player under contract with the Pelicans to his own agent and then demand a trade. And Magic Johnson gets a big fine for 1 wink. It is this procedure that caused me to root against the team wherever he plays for and unfortunately, it is the Lakers. And as one Rob Parker said, Lebron cheated the NBA fans with all his antics and I couldn't have agreed more. He has played the media game in hyping up his individual greatness just to chase 6 rings. It is by an unfortunate coincidence that he had to wear a uniform to do that.
Did you feel a similar emotional attachment and ultimate elation as you did w/past Laker championship teams?

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
All good reasons to dislike LeBron, Phil. I, however, over the years, I have learned not to "hate"(such a strong word) anyone, but rather just dislike and ignore. As they said, life is too short to be bothered by others. :p

Much appreciate your comments and advise, Mike. :)

In all sports there are trash talkers. I've known that in the Bird-Magic-Jordan era. But I only FELT that when I was with my son inside the Oracle Arena watching a game clinching WCF between against the Rockets. At the end of the buzzer where the Warriors won and advanced to the Finals, I was amazed to hear so many cuss-words from some fans hurled against LeBron because the Cavs had advanced a few days before already. I was not even a Warriors fan (rooting for Rockets then) and I said to myself, wow, there is much hate in the Warriors arena and they had not even faced LeBron and the Cavs before, unlike me, my Celtics had been to many years of battle and bitter playoffs run with his Cavs AND Heat. As I mentioned, about 10 years ago when this thread started, there was a member named FranzM who mentioned that he hated LeBron when the name arose and he would repeat it page after page. I honestly believe I had not posted the word 'hate' on him in those many years, till now. And this now was accentuated by pictures of him flashing his 4 fingers, and those Tarzan chest beating screams followed by a demand that he wants his 'damn respect'. It is unfathomable to hear any sports 'great' - Russell, Wilt, Kareem, Joe Montana and Tom Brady to say that. I acknowledge his skill in using the media to foment his so-called greatness (The Decision) when in fact, it was a time when he won 0 titles in 7 years in Cleveland. And when the media throws him down, he uses this as motivation to win some staggered titles with his team-shopping. That he would even be considered a challenger to the consensus GOAT is bewildering to me. Michael Jordan's resume (and I do not even have to watch the Last Dance to say it) is far and way ahead of LB's. My guess is that when Jordan did not win a title in his first 6 years, it was unthinkable for him to put himself available to be part of the Celtics or Pistons teams. That would be too degrading even. And as I mentioned, a would be GOAT does not put on his binoculars to spot for a 6'11" top scorer in AD and yank him out of his 1 year remaining contract to join him team and 'help' him win a title. Jordan had one Scottie Pippen for the 6 titles he won in the same team. And btw, Tim Duncan has 5 titles basically with Parker and Manu. Sorry for the long diatribe. Was consolidating other topics previously mentioned (GOAT) into this. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In the NBA, anything can happen. Before it was flat earth, now Kyrie is into some sage spreading ritual in the TD Boston Garden, his first visit after moving to the Nets. :D

• Haha
Reactions: MikeHorns

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Oubre is a revelation. His pin downs and screens for Curry make it look like they've been playing together for a long time. He's obviously studied and digested the Dubs playbook this early on. This kid is known for being feisty and they need that energy but more importantly IMO he's really snappy with the decision making on both ends. Wiggins on the other hand is still looking like he should be playing in the halfcourt 70's the way he stops the flow to survey options. Oubre is looking like the one to keep for Klay's return but I have a feeling this guy is going to get a lot of offers after this season.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And KD and Irving are in great shape. KD played like he is in the playoffs, blocking 3 shots almost in succession and scoring in the high 20s with lots of minutes. The Nets look really good with Dinwiddie, Levert, and Harris as very able scorers. It's some sight to see Mike D'Antoni sitting as an assistant to Steve Nash.

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Oubre is a revelation. His pin downs and screens for Curry make it look like they've been playing together for a long time. He's obviously studied and digested the Dubs playbook this early on. This kid is known for being feisty and they need that energy but more importantly IMO he's really snappy with the decision making on both ends. Wiggins on the other hand is still looking like he should be playing in the halfcourt 70's the way he stops the flow to survey options. Oubre is looking like the one to keep for Klay's return but I have a feeling this guy is going to get a lot of offers after this season.
Oubre, another leftie, wow. :D Hope he keeps it up. And hope to see a 'nastier' Wiggins. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing