New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: MikeHorns

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
A very interesting and revealing interview with Steve Ballmer. The guy is so positive about them winning the title, I tend to believe him. :) But I think Jerry and Frank need to find THE guy who is like the missing link. As as said, I'm rooting for them too in the West. Actually, I'm rooting for 7 teams in the West. :D

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I just saw some clips on Williams' first game with the Bulls. So he is No. 4 overall pick, and is playing really confident, and is good on both ends of the floor too.
Yeah, looks like the real deal.

Particularly because my team wasn't in the bubble, I'm very hungry for hoop to start again. Saw a few minutes of the Orlando game last night, they had a few hundred people in the stands and the announcers said they're planning to have a few thousand as the season starts. Found that at a minimum surprising. Wondered if that was from Gov. DeSantis.

Reactions: MikeHorns and jadis

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Well to all you Lakers haters , I know this is only preseason but the facts are the Clipps seem stymied no matter who they play and are 0-3. The one team in the west that I believe match up well with the Lakers are the Jazz who are also 3-0. If Ballmer is expecting a title this year and they don't perform I feel sorry for Lue

4 days until season opener

Steve Williams

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Well to all you Lakers haters , I know this is only preseason but the facts are the Clipps seem stymied no matter who they play and are 0-3. The one team in the west that I believe match up well with the Lakers are the Jazz who are also 3-0. If Ballmer is expecting a title this year and they don't perform I feel sorry for Lue

Does anyone think Tyronn Lue is a good coach? I felt like LeBron was player coach the year they won

Steve Williams

Report: Veteran guard Jeremy Lin finalizing deal with Golden State Warriors​

After spending the 2019-20 campaign with the Beijing Ducks in the Chinese Basketball Association, Jeremy Lin is reportedly on his way back to the NBA with the Golden State Warriors.

According to Shams Charania of The Athletic, the veteran guard is finalizing a deal with the Warriors, pending a letter of clearance from the Chinese Basketball Association.

In October, it was reported the Warriors had expressed interest in signing the 32-year-old point guard.

During Golden State’s extended offseason, Lin was spotted working out with Steph Curry, Eric Paschall and Marquese Chriss.

Lin will likely slide in with Brad Wanamaker and Kent Bazemore as an option for Steve Kerr off the bench behind Curry and Kelly Oubre Jr.

I liked Lin when he played for the Lakers. he's a hard worker and an overachiever

Don't count the warriors out as contenders which they would have been for sure if Klay weren't out for the season

Steve Williams

Does anyone think Tyronn Lue is a good coach? I felt like LeBron was player coach the year they won
Lue has never impressed me as a coach and I was glad to see Jeannie pass on him

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson

I thought you were the Laker hater....specifically LeBron. Seems that has changed

:p

Preseason games don't count in the standings as I recall. Let's see what the season brings.

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

I thought you were the Laker hater....specifically LeBron. Seems that has changed

:p

Preseason games don't count in the standings as I recall. Let's see what the season brings.
I agree. But I am a Lakers fan. Have been for 40 years. As for Kebron I share all the feelings you guys do. Having said that it is difficult to forget that he won the trophy this year. Tough to hate someone who brings it all home. Needles to say I’m conflicted. I venture to say that had he done the same for the Clipps or the Celts you and Phil might be singing a different tune and it would be me who is the hater

The league is a different entity than what it was 10 years ago. Players have a lot to say in the relocation of players from one team to another. We don’t like it but it’s real and we have to accept it

Reactions: jadis and MikeHorns

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I agree. But I am a Lakers fan. Have been for 40 years. As for Kebron I share all the feelings you guys do. Having said that it is difficult to forget that he won the trophy this year. Tough to hate someone who brings it all home. Needles to say I’m conflicted. I venture to say that had he done the same for the Clipps or the Celts you and Phil might be singing a different tune and it would be me who is the hater

The league is a different entity than what it was 10 years ago. Players have a lot to say in the relocation of players from one team to another. We don’t like it but it’s real and we have to accept it
Since the Clippers exploded in The Bubble I've been licking my wounds and moping around - metaphysically speaking.

Got to get my spunk back.

Ironically I am not a LeBron hater, never have been. Sometimes he is tough to take but he has done a lot of good work in the community that can't be overlooked so I have to admire him for that.

....and I only hate the Lakers when they play the Clippers.

Still not prepared for the season to start but I guess it is not up to me. So, let the games begin.

Reactions: jadis and MikeHorns

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

I'm still having acceptance issues :) I struggle with these purchased teams as noted, ad nauseum.

Last edited:
Reactions: jadis and WLVCA

Steve Williams

I'm still having acceptance issues :) I struggle with these purchased teams as noted, ad nauseum.
We all do here but facts are facts as the players ultimately have a say as it is a classic case of the tail wagging the dog.Gone are the golden era the 70's 80's and 90's where player development lead to team greatness. You never saw such a thing on the Lakers team until they signed LeBron. Let's face it. As great as he is, his only motive is the number of rings and being proclaimed the GOAT as his legacy. He doesn't care how many teams he plays for as long as he prevails by dictating to mgmt what they need for "him" to bring home the trophy. Two years ago it was trading the entire Lakers youth. But he did what he promised and FWIW I sense the Lakers might be a better team than last year but time will tell in a 72 game season

Reactions: jadis and WLVCA

Steve Williams

BTW I also remember when Pau was over the hill and was to be traded. Kobe went to Jeannie requesting he not be traded.

I also remember Kobe going to Jerry Buss and demanding that he be traded. Jerry Laughed and ultimately it was Shaq who was traded

Reactions: WLVCA and MikeHorns

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And I don't even know where to begin when it comes to why I get to hate an athlete so much in a game I loved since I was 7 years old. I have to correct the notion that I'm a Lakers hater. No I'm not. I have the utmost respect for the Kareem, Magic team in the 80s for the clash of the titans type of Finals that they brought to the NBA. Needless to say, I did not root for them but they were the purest, fiercest competitors I've ever seen in my basketball life. I had no problem when Lebron went to join the Lakers. It was by the rules as he was a free agent. Bunny hopping for a title team is not that loathsome when compared to what he did next. I would have even respected him had he stuck with the team that was there, Lonzo, Ingram, et al, and won the title. However I get to flip the rules of the NBA, I can never see how dining and recruiting Anthony Davis after a regular season game his not a violation of anti tampering which he got out scathe free. Then the whole scheme unravelled, to hook a player under contract with the Pelicans to his own agent and then demand a trade. And Magic Johnson gets a big fine for 1 wink. It is this procedure that caused me to root against the team wherever he plays for and unfortunately, it is the Lakers. And as one Rob Parker said, Lebron cheated the NBA fans with all his antics and I couldn't have agreed more. He has played the media game in hyping up his individual greatness just to chase 6 rings. It is by an unfortunate coincidence that he had to wear a uniform to do that.

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles

Like you, I'm a Lakers fan for 40+ years. Not a LeBron fan at all when he decided to do the 'Decision' stunt. A huge mistake I'm sure he regrets to this day.

But as luck would have it, Lebron joins the Lakers. And without Lebron(no AD), I don't believe the Lakers could win another championship for eons, as I don't believe in the kids they drafted - let's not kid ourselves, they are not Steph, Klay, and Draymond. :)

And not only Lebron delivered the championship, they are in contention for another, which finally brings relevance to the Lakers franchise, rather than league-wide laughing stock since Kobe retired.

Last edited:

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
And I don't even know where to begin when it comes to why I get to hate an athlete so much in a game I loved since I was 7 years old. I have to correct the notion that I'm a Lakers hater. No I'm not. I have the utmost respect for the Kareem, Magic team in the 80s for the clash of the titans type of Finals that they brought to the NBA. Needless to say, I did not root for them but they were the purest, fiercest competitors I've ever seen in my basketball life. I had no problem when Lebron went to join the Lakers. It was by the rules as he was a free agent. Bunny hopping for a title team is not that loathsome when compared to what he did next. I would have even respected him had he stuck with the team that was there, Lonzo, Ingram, et al, and won the title. However I get to flip the rules of the NBA, I can never see how dining and recruiting Anthony Davis after a regular season game his not a violation of anti tampering which he got out scathe free. Then the whole scheme unravelled, to hook a player under contract with the Pelicans to his own agent and then demand a trade. And Magic Johnson gets a big fine for 1 wink. It is this procedure that caused me to root against the team wherever he plays for and unfortunately, it is the Lakers. And as one Rob Parker said, Lebron cheated the NBA fans with all his antics and I couldn't have agreed more. He has played the media game in hyping up his individual greatness just to chase 6 rings. It is by an unfortunate coincidence that he had to wear a uniform to do that.
All good reasons to dislike LeBron, Phil. I, however, over the years, I have learned not to "hate"(such a strong word) anyone, but rather just dislike and ignore. As they said, life is too short to be bothered by others. :p

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles

Report: Veteran guard Jeremy Lin finalizing deal with Golden State Warriors​

After spending the 2019-20 campaign with the Beijing Ducks in the Chinese Basketball Association, Jeremy Lin is reportedly on his way back to the NBA with the Golden State Warriors.

According to Shams Charania of The Athletic, the veteran guard is finalizing a deal with the Warriors, pending a letter of clearance from the Chinese Basketball Association.

In October, it was reported the Warriors had expressed interest in signing the 32-year-old point guard.

During Golden State’s extended offseason, Lin was spotted working out with Steph Curry, Eric Paschall and Marquese Chriss.

Lin will likely slide in with Brad Wanamaker and Kent Bazemore as an option for Steve Kerr off the bench behind Curry and Kelly Oubre Jr.

I liked Lin when he played for the Lakers. he's a hard worker and an overachiever

Don't count the warriors out as contenders which they would have been for sure if Klay weren't out for the season
Lin was disrespected and started from the bottom when he first joined the League, and now he's having to prove himself again. :(

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing