New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
On another note, Bulls‘ rookie Patrick Williams calmly hit a pull-up 20 footer on his first touch. Barely 19, he looks poised, with a good-looking stroke, and is one of those athletes who makes everything look easy. Reminds me a little of Xavier McDaniel.

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Season hasn't started yet and we are all pumped. So I just want to get it out there as to my feelings in the East. I am of the opinion that the Bucks are NOT the BEST team in the East. I think there will be a lot of surprises in the East whereas the WEST IMO is so full of great teams that right now it is any one's guess

Reactions: MikeHorns

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The big suspense that is gripping of is not how Danny would spend his $28m trade exception but what will Giannis decide on or before December 21. Is he going to wear a That's All Folks T shirt into the Bucks arena or not. Jrue Holiday would be a wasted trade if that happens. One week to go.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
The big suspense that is gripping of is not how Danny would spend his $28m trade exception but what will Giannis decide on or before December 21. Is he going to wear a That's All Folks T shirt into the Bucks arena or not. Jrue Holiday would be a wasted trade if that happens. One week to go.
I mean Giannis is used to wearing green ;)
So he wouldn't have to change too much at once :p

Reactions: MikeHorns and jadis

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Meanwhile, Gordon Hayward made a good debut with the Hornets, and this time he is healthy and he is the main man. Confident and lleading the pack. Jack, gotta hand it to you, you called it right the moment you said Tatum's arrival in Boston made Hayward redundant. There was a tug-o-war scenario between the 2 as they are very similar in their style of play and position. As I said, I was a fan of Hayward coming from Utah into Boston but the circumstance just didn't fit well and I still have respect for his play and wish him the best in his career.
Tatum's our boy Phil :D

Reactions: jadis

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
On another note, Bulls‘ rookie Patrick Williams calmly hit a pull-up 20 footer on his first touch. Barely 19, he looks poised, with a good-looking stroke, and is one of those athletes who makes everything look easy. Reminds me a little of Xavier McDaniel.

X-man vs Al Bundy.

Screenshot_2020-12-13 A Tisket, a Tasket, Can Peg Make a Basket .png

Reactions: rblnr

Steve Williams

Yeah, THT is looking amazing!

If he can keep this up, it's gonna be very hard to sit him. He may even start in not too long future.
Hr started a few games under the bubble

Steve Williams

122-90 Laker with 6:00’ left in game

lakers are playing like a well greased machine whereas the Clipper bench seems to lack depth and experience.

7 different Lakers with 3’s

Reactions: MikeHorns

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Last edited:

Steve Williams

Sources: Despite John Wall's addition to Houston Rockets, James Harden still pushing for trade

The arrival of John Wall has left All-NBA guard James Harden unmoved and uninterested in pursuing a new partnership, and the franchise star continues to push the Houston Rockets for a trade, sources told ESPN.

After making his Rockets preseason debut this past weekend, Wall expressed hope that Harden might become excited about playing with him in a backcourt -- a prospect that Harden is rejecting as he prepares to rejoin the team Monday in practice, sources said.

"I think me and James can be a heck of a combination," Wall told reporters after the Rockets' 104-91 loss to the Chicago Bulls on Sunday night. "I just hope we get the opportunity to get into the regular season and see how it goes."

This isn't personal with Wall, and as one source told ESPN, there's "no change" in Harden's desire for a fresh start elsewhere.

After detouring to social engagements in Atlanta and Las Vegas before reporting late for training camp last week, Harden -- a league MVP and three-time NBA scoring champion -- has expressed to Rockets ownership and management his intention to be professional and engaged upon joining the team, sources said.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Wall, Cousins give hints of All-Star form in debuts

Surveying the NBA after an offseason like none other

NBA predictions: W-L records for all 30 teams
For the Rockets, this is necessary for the team to operate under new coach Stephen Silas while also allowing for some leverage in the trade market to get closer to full value for Harden. The appearance of a distressed asset only hinders an organization in making a trade of this magnitude, and Harden has expressed understanding of that concept, as well as the idea that it may take time to find a trade that returns appropriate value to the Rockets, sources said.

The Rockets have talked with the two primary preferred trade destinations for Harden, the Brooklyn Nets and Philadelphia 76ers, sources said. Brooklyn remains Harden's top choice, which would mean a reunion with his former Oklahoma City teammate, Kevin Durant.

For now, the Sixers are unwilling to include All-Stars Joel Embiid or Ben Simmons in trades, and the Rockets are uninterested in a package primarily composed of the Nets' complementary players and draft picks, sources said. The Nets aren't interested in trading Kyrie Irving, nor have the Rockets expressed an interest in acquiring him, sources said. For starters, the Nets and Rockets would need to find a more palatable young player on a third team as part of a broader deal, sources said, and there's no indication that prospect has gained any traction in recent weeks.

Harden is expected to pass his sixth consecutive COVID-19 test on Monday, which would allow him clearance to begin to participate in team practices. Before Sunday's game, coach Stephen Silas told reporters that he expected both Harden and veteran P.J. Tucker to be a part of Monday's practice in Houston. Tucker, unhappy without a contract extension, has been limited in his participation in the preseason and did not join the team on the two-game trip to Chicago.

Teams would be reluctant to give up the assets required to get a player of Harden's caliber without confidence that he would be willing to remain with that franchise when he can opt out of his contract after the 2021-22 season. Few contending teams have the ability to furnish Houston with the combination of assets that it's seeking to consider dealing Harden.

Houston hasn't wavered in what the Rockets consider a fair asking price for Harden: a package that includes a young franchise cornerstone and a bundle of first-round picks and/or talented players on rookie contracts, sources said.

The Rockets traded Russell Westbrook to Washington for Wall, who missed the previous two seasons thanks to injury -- but has returned to average 17 points, 6.5 assists and 3.5 rebounds in Houston's first two preseason games.

To me the Harden trade , wherever he goes, will deplete the team of draft choices and existing players for years to come. Shades of the AD trade to the Lakers

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing