New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
97-75 with 4:14

I can finally sit back and say that for the Lakers and all the Lakers fans, the drought is over.
This did not come easy and next year will be even more difficult so this could be LeBron's last hurrah

My vote for Playoffs MVP has always been AD and I hope he is but tonight LeBron really solicited his nomination IMO and I ain't a LeBron. fan

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
@christoph, @jadis, @WLVCA I know that this has been not only a fun year talking the sport , but also personal. There's one winner but ewe are still friends
I'm happy that you are happy, Steve. Definitely, sports will not get in the way of our friendship. :)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
@christoph, @jadis, @WLVCA I know that this has been not only a fun year talking the sport , but also personal. There's one winner but we are still friends

I agree with Phil and with you Steve. We follow sports for fun and entertainment.

I remember as a kid being crestfallen when my favorite teams lost and moping around for a week.

Now I get over it a little bit faster, maybe only 5 or 6 days. :)

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
Congrats to the Lakers.. I grew up a Laker fan, always tried to watch NBA when KAJ and Magic were playing. For some reason I did not like Kobe and lost interest following the Lakers after Shaq was traded. I also admired Kobe for his strengths and never said anything bad about him.

I started not liking LBJ because I was also a big MJ fan.. but like MJ, I admired him for who he is and what he can do to a team he plays for. He is truly an exceptional athlete.

I can understand the hatred by the fans of opposing teams or the fans of other individual players.. being a winner, he spent most of his career beating other teams or players.

What I cannot understand is constant name calling on LBJ by the haters on this thread being allowed by the admins of this site. To me, name calling is a form of bullying and people call people names to make other people believe he is a bigger man. If I started calling people names half as much as what LBJ haters did, I would have been banned a long time ago..

sorry guys- I hope we are still friends after this.. it is what it is and I have to call you out.

Reactions: MRJAZZ

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Lakers shooting 58% from the field and their Dee is a clinic by the Lakers

64-34 Lakers
I can already see the fat lady climbing onto the refrigerater :eek::oops:

Reactions: Steve Williams

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Thanks Christoph

Our goal for next season is to find members who like basketball and are fans of all the remaining teams. So far we have

Lakers.................me
Pacers................Jack
Celtics.................Phil
Clippers .............Mike
any team except Lakers........Christoph
we did have for a short while a fan from Toronto

Wouldn't it be great to find other interested members so we can have discussion about all teams

I don't see a repeat next year unless Lakers make some strong trades. To me the white mamba is a keeper. decision about Dwight vs JaVale vs keeping both

Get Avery Bradley back

The big and only one I see them dealing is Kuzma whom I really like but he had an up and down year. If he matures and develops he can be a great player but right now I see him as vulnerable as Lakers have no draft choices and the only way to keep pace is through trades

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Lakers.................me
Pacers................Jack
Celtics.................Phil
Clippers .............Mike
any team except Lakers........Christoph
we did have for a short while a fan from Toronto
Here I would like to object.
I'm NOT against the Lakers, I'm against LeBum :p
I'm even quite a big fan of AD ;)

Steve Williams

I must admit that I have loved watching these finals unfold in the way they did but not unexpectedly the comparison of James vs Jordan for GOAT has resurfaced.

I give James plenty of kudos and I do have some respect now BUT IMHO MJ continues to be the GOAT. If you're not convinced watch the ESPN documentary as I believe that will convince you as well

This however is also a very good read.......

LeBron James vs. Michael Jordan: Why the GOAT debate is different now

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...-michael-jordan-why-goat-debate-different-now

McGrady and Pippen don't care. The discussion is absurd to them. Jordan has something LeBron lacks, and will remain untouchable, more god than human.
And I get it. I came of age as a fan in the Jordan era. Lots of team executives in that age cohort -- dispassionate talent evaluators in their work -- use different language and standards discussing Jordan's greatness. It was something we felt. He was indomitable in a way James can never be.

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing