New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Heat should also be thankful Rondo did not score 10 points or more. I notice the Lakers win when Rondo hit those 3 point shots and hence get more playing time.

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
What the Pacers need is stronger bench IMO

I could very well build on Dipo. Brog, TJ, Doma and Myles. I'd surely take TJ over Gordon at this point in time.

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

Reactions: WLVCA and jadis

Steve Williams

As I reflect on the series the only great games the Lakers played were the first 2 and IMO have been outplayed the last 3 games even though they won game 4

Tonight I expect the Lakers to show up and ice the win as the last thing they want is a game 7 and go the way of the Clippers. I cannot even fathom the thought of that happening but in this game and especially this series anything is possible

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

NBA says refs missed two calls near end of Game 5, but not the ones the Lakers complained about

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-officials-lakers-lebron-james-frank-vogel-jimmy-butler-224643104.html

I think the officiating under the bubble has been less than what the game deserves. Too many stopped plays and official time outs to review plays for flagrant etc etc etc. To me this disrupts the flow of the game , gives teams a few extra time outs for a breather as well as to plan their next play

Steve Williams

Not a smart move IMO by Ballmer. Brown was simply terrible when he coached the Lakers

Report: Mike Brown moving near front of line for Clippers coaching job

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mike-brown-moving-near-002858617.html

Led by a strong push from owner Steve Ballmer. Rivers was let go in the wake of that disappointing finish. But if you’re going to fire a respected coach on a contending team, your next move has to be a smart one.

Steve Williams

as an aside, I was almost positive that when the Lakers carried a very slim lead in game 5, the camera panned to the side lines where I saw a masked short blonde lady who almost certainly was Jeannie Buss. I do hope that for the Buss family, the Lakers family and Kobe's memory that the Lakers are standing on the podium tonight as jeannie receives the trophy

Go Lakers

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
and this one....he's getting more press than LeBron

JIMMY BUTLER IS HERE TO STAY

https://theundefeated.com/features/heat-jimmy-butler-is-here-to-stay/
While Butler is the biggest name for the Heat, I can't help but marvel at 2 rookies of the Heat and Mr. Robinson. All 3 have no playoff experience much less a Finals experience but have been playing with lots of fire and confidence. Amazing how the head of player development of Heat did this. I'm expecting Bam to give his real slam bang game, if he is fully recovered. Iggy has scored very few points but has contributed some on the stat sheet.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
NBA says refs missed two calls near end of Game 5, but not the ones the Lakers complained about

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-officials-lakers-lebron-james-frank-vogel-jimmy-butler-224643104.html

I think the officiating under the bubble has been less than what the game deserves. Too many stopped plays and official time outs to review plays for flagrant etc etc etc. To me this disrupts the flow of the game , gives teams a few extra time outs for a breather as well as to plan their next play
Well, that is not a new thing Steve, spotty officiating. No consistency and lately, whistles are delayed for a second or two, I really wonder if these referees are thinking of the rulebook at those moments. They have been known to make or break a game hence Stern issued stiff fines for anyone criticizing the referees but Silver has apparently abandoned it and those after game league reviews of bad calls are useless and demoralizing to the aggrieved team.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

In game 5 AD made a basket as the shot clock expired. The Heat had taken the ball already across half court before the refs blew the whistle to review that last play

i also believe they are missing blatant fouls and then to make up for it they start calling ticky tack fouls

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Not a smart move IMO by Ballmer. Brown was simply terrible when he coached the Lakers

Report: Mike Brown moving near front of line for Clippers coaching job

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mike-brown-moving-near-002858617.html

Led by a strong push from owner Steve Ballmer. Rivers was let go in the wake of that disappointing finish. But if you’re going to fire a respected coach on a contending team, your next move has to be a smart one.

Wow, I hope the Mike Brown rumors aren't true. Hope Jerry West talks some sense into Ballmer

Steve Williams

If today's game comes down to a final shot for the Lakers and you see them all refusing the shot amd passing the ball like it is a hot potatoe, here is why.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...d-death-threats-missed-shot-game-5-nba-finals

i saw that as well. As he said these guys are pros. It’s his girl friend I’m more worried about.

im pacing here and looking at the clock as well as trying to listen to music waiting for the start of the game.
@christoph I hope this ends tonight as a game 7 is sudden death and that’s where you make the case for “don’t count the Heat out”

I enjoy trying to do a quick synopsis of the games for you but when they’re losing and I’m typing it to you it’s like a double whammy

plus if it’s a game 7 and they lose I might have killed myself before I type and the champion is. ........

mike and I would commiserate the decimation of LA.

Does that mean the coach should be fired as well. IMO I would be opposed to it. I think LeBron however might wanna bring in his buddy Tyrone Lue who was felt to have the Clippers job. If Mike Brown gets it the Clippers curse will continue as long as he coaches But that would make Lue available ........just thinking like LeBron as he would then have complete control of the team and would be calling all the plays. for Lue. :eek:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
im pacing here and looking at the clock as well as trying to listen to music .

I know the feeling Steve. Had the Celtics been there in the Finals by this point I cannot even bear to watch the live game and listen to all the emotional play by play me Breem.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing