Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
it's never going to happen. Have you read about this guy
Yes, banned for drugs or something illegal. And I have never even heard of his name before.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Sad news for game 3 and the rest of the series...

Report: Miami Heat's Bam Adebayo, Goran Dragic doubtful for Game 3
Those are the tough things to swallow in the playoffs and specially the Finals. Can't sacrifice their future career playing in pain. And this is what makes Isiah Thomas of the Pistons one of a kind.

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Interestingly, Dragic was something like a 6th man in the regular season. Dunn was a starter. And Herro was also off the bench. A friend was texting me who is this Olynyk guy whom he's never seen playing. I told him he was an ex-Celtic player who is actually highly paid and Boston let him walk due to salary constraints. He is 6'11 and can shoot 3s but problem is he has no low post game. Heat has some people in the bench that they have to start using now that Bam and Dragic are out. Robinson has to start converting, he can't be a 0 point player, doesn't jive from his Celtics series.

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Here's the read of the day. There is no doubt in my mind that Rondo has been an integral part of the Lakers success in the playoffs

NBA Finals: The rehabilitation of Rajon Rondo
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30023849/nba-finals-rehabilitation-rajon-rondo
And he is a more lethal weapon than his Celtics days because now at 34, he can confidently shoot even a contested 3 ball. No question about his court vision. In these first pages of this thread, one member FrantzM always praised his basketball IQ.

Steve Williams

Interestingly, Dragic was something like a 6th man in the regular season. Dunn was a starter. And Herro was also off the bench. A friend was texting me who is this Olynyk guy whom he's never seen playing. I told him he was an ex-Celtic player who is actually highly paid and Boston let him walk due to salary constraints. He is 6'11 and can shoot 3s but problem is he has no low post game. Heat has some people in the bench that they have to start using now that Bam and Dragic are out. Robinson has to start converting, he can't be a 0 point player, doesn't jive from his Celtics series.
Robinson was on his game for the Celtics series but he has been a no show in the Lakers series

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

And he is a more lethal weapon than his Celtics days because now at 34, he can confidently shoot even a contested 3 ball. No question about his court vision. In these first pages of this thread, one member FrantzM always praised his basketball IQ.
that's correct and even though Frantz was also a LeBron hater he did comment about his statuesque physique and court vision

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And one thing that Rondo has been cured of, he doesn't jaw back at his coach. Doc and Rick Carlisle had a dose of that. I have little respect for players who does that with their coach, with the worst ever being Robert Horry.

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Robinson was on his game for the Celtics series but he has been a no show in the Lakers series
Wonder what happened to him. Either he is tentative or he has Finals jitters.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
that's correct and even though Frantz was also a LeBron hater he did comment about his statuesque physique and court vision
That's true, Steve. I almost miss his habitual 'I hate this guy' bit on LeBron, then he goes on to praise this prowess.

Steve Williams

and one more........

Plaschke: Greatness is only thing Lakers' talented twosome shares with Shaq and Kobe

https://sports.yahoo.com/plaschke-greatness-only-thing-lakers-005447484.html

It is also rare to find two superstars who empower each other on the court like LeBron and AD, both of them equally enhancing and unselfish. Sometimes it seems like they’re playing a two-man game, sharing the ball, sharing the defensive coverage, heartwarmingly sharing the glory.

Meanwhile, Kobe and Shaq facilitated the Lakers' loss to the Detroit Pistons in the 2004 NBA Finals because they could barely stomach passing each other the ball.

Steve Williams

And one thing that Rondo has been cured of, he doesn't jaw back at his coach. Doc and Rick Carlisle had a dose of that. I have little respect for players who does that with their coach, with the worst ever being Robert Horry.
however Robert Horry has more rings than all of them

Reactions: jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
With Bam Adebayo and Goran Dragic now definitely out for game 3, why even play the game?

After the NBA produced excellent playoff series previously in The Bubble, the finals have turned out to be a bust.

Too bad.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing