Try and tell that to the 99.5% rest of the LeBum fanboys :rolleyes:
I'm sure they will find some new stats that favor LeBum :oops:

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Try and tell that to the 99.5% rest of the LeBum fanboys :rolleyes:
I'm sure they will find some new stats that favor LeBum :oops:
AD now sounds like a fanboy of LB with his latest pronouncement of being 'tied' of LB for the next 9 years. I never had a shadow of a doubt that AD will stick with LB until kingdom come after the coup d'grace engineered by moll-boy Rich Paul.

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
AD now sounds like a fanboy of LB with his latest pronouncement of being 'tied' of LB for the next 9 years. I never had a shadow of a doubt that AD will stick with LB until kingdom come after the coup d'grace engineered by moll-boy Rich Paul.
C'mon Phil....never had a shadow of doubt that they would stay together ???. My only thought was Rich Paul's comment that AD will enter free agency at the end of this year. However this could be a ploy for a maximum contract. Anthony Davis has matured greatly as a player this year all due to his commitment as well as tutelage by Le Bron

I read an article on ESPN today that some are already proclaiming LeBron and AD as the greatest Lakers duo ever ......maybe, maybe not

Steve Williams

Reading daily snippets about the Clippers 3 glaring things rise to the surface

1. There was zero team chemistry

2. There were no team leaders as Kawhi and PG were the poorest examples of team leaders

3. The final and most important fact was the complaints by all of the players that Doc plays favorites with his stars and I am pretty certain that the bench of the Clippers weren't keen on playing grueling back to back games whilst their star gets a night off for load management and gets to rest and joke on the bench. All of these 3 points IMO clearly falll on the shoulders of the coach. Perhaps even it falls to Ballmer but let's sum up Load Management at the end of yet another failed Clippers title shot. To meet is and always was a crock of horse manure that a guy signs a contract worth over $32M/year and he gets time off to rest if there are back to back games. That amounts to a per game income of $390,243. Not a bad income for doing nothing. With Doc playing favorites and no team chemistry, no leaders and another failed season while the team hero is a silent, sullen, tough to read and pampered spoiled individual, to me it falls clearly on Doc's shoulders and he deserved to be fired. I would have done it 1 or 2 years earlier

I remember when he came from the Celtics to the Clippers his comments were that he would only coach for a contender at this stage of his career

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
C'mon Phil....never had a shadow of doubt that they would stay together ???. My only thought was Rich Paul's comment that AD will enter free agency at the end of this year. However this could be a ploy for a maximum contract. Anthony Davis has matured greatly as a player this year all due to his commitment as well as tutelage by Le Bron

I read an article on ESPN today that some are already proclaiming LeBron and AD as the greatest Lakers duo ever ......maybe, maybe not
Honestly Steve, that was what I felt then. The comment of RP that AD will enter free agency to me indeed was a ploy to get the max contract. But since LB still have like 2 more years with LAL, and coupled with the fact that AD fired his agent to join RP, where else would he sign? And who's the best buddy if not business associate of RP but LB? And now with the 9 more Finals with LBJ, it just jived with my feelings then. There is no doubt of ADs and LB's playing abilities, I had never put down their playing abilities. And indeed, they could be the greatest Lakers duo ever, who is to say yes or no.

Steve Williams

after the coup d'grace engineered by moll-boy Rich Paul.

I wonder what your comment would have been if Rich Paul cozied up to Danny Ainge and AD became a CelticI predict the Celtics would be in the finals now and you would be in hog's heaven.

C'mon Phil, this may be a sport and maybe a game but to players it is hundreds of millions of dollars and to the owners many billions in team revenue. They have agents whose purpose is one thing......get the best team and the best contract for their players (don't forget agents also get a % of the monies made so Rich Paul is a very, very wealthy man created by his best friend LeBron

You can't fault an agent for doing the best for his players. BTW AFAIK none of the contracts of players represented by Rich Paul have any clause for Load Management

To me Kawhi got lucky as he was a free agent at the right time and his uncle gave him kick and told him what he needed to do and there was the multibillionaire owner of the Clippers getting out his checkbook at the behest of Doc

I think the load management issue helped break the focus and spirit of the Clippers.

Finally Phil, call them what you will but the two of them are locked and loaded on what they have to do. That to me is championship mentality and AD lacked that until this year under the wing of Le Bronchiole. Give credit where credit is due

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Honestly Steve, that was what I felt then. The comment of RP that AD will enter free agency to me indeed was a ploy to get the max contract. But since LB still have like 2 more years with LAL, and coupled with the fact that AD fired his agent to join RP, where else would he sign? And who's the best buddy if not business associate of RP but LB? And now with the 9 more Finals with LBJ, it just jived with my feelings then. There is no doubt of ADs and LB's playing abilities, I had never put down their playing abilities. And indeed, they could be the greatest Lakers duo ever, who is to say yes or no.
There was a story told during last night's game that LBJ was AD's idol growing up. At the age of 17 AD took a bus one summer to attend an LBJ summer camp where they met and over the years became very good friends.That friendship has grown immensely on and off the court

You know I'm not a LeBron fan and I had hoped Kawhi would join the Lakers. I am so happy in retrospect that that never happened. The Lakers team is oozing energy and spirit and are playing like chanmps

And as AD said many times last night, that this is why the Lakers brought him to LA to do the things he does.....namely to win a ring

Will they win it all? As a Lakers fan for over 40 years my sincerest hope is that they do. AD will become the leader of the Lakers and will have learned the job well under James guidance

It's those big gold and diamond rings that create all of this player movement

And finally are we to see the same from Giannis when he becomes a free agent next year as he has been humiliated 2 years in a row. Then there is Harden, Westbrook, Paul and many greats over the years thet excelled at the game but never won. ring

The ring is the ultimate achievement for these guys

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I wonder what your comment would have been if Rich Paul cozied up to Danny Ainge and AD became a CelticI predict the Celtics would be in the finals now and you would be in hog's heaven.

Steve,
My sentiments is due to the fact that RP wedged, or warned Ainge NOT to trade for AD because he will definitely 'walk' after 1 year and sign with another. When Ainge was negotiating for the trade for KG, the same 1 year was left of KG's contract with the Wolves but there was no 'warnings' by KG's manager of a sure 1 year rental hence Ainge took the chance because of the odds that KG can still sign an extension with the C's, and that was not possible with the warning given by RP to Ainge which clearly left AD out of the table. My concern is more of the standard or traditional negotiations for a player. I am not for any agent cozying up to any GM, I really had not heard of that till this one.

Last edited:

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Didn't take Doc Rivers long to land on his feet. He'll have some talent to work with there - Embiid, Simmons, Tobias Harris (former Clipper) and Al Horford. Maybe Doc can get Simmons to shoot a three pointer!

Glad Doc landed on his feet.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
D'Antoni should go to Chicago. Maybe this post will get Bob out of hiding LOL

You's a bad boy today Stevie LOL

I really want Mark Jackson for the Pacers.

Reactions: jadis and christoph

Steve Williams

D'Antoni should go to Chicago. Maybe this post will get Bob out of hiding LOL

You's a bad boy today Stevie LOL

I really want Mark Jackson for the Pacers.
How so Jack

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
D'Antoni to Clips :eek:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

C'mon Steve...
AD was absolutely great before he came to LA.
He was just alone in his greatness in NO ;)
That makes his initial greatness from back in NO even more worth IMHO :cool:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Reading daily snippets about the Clippers 3 glaring things rise to the surface

1. There was zero team chemistry

2. There were no team leaders as Kawhi and PG were the poorest examples of team leaders

3. The final and most important fact was the complaints by all of the players that Doc plays favorites with his stars and I am pretty certain that the bench of the Clippers weren't keen on playing grueling back to back games whilst their star gets a night off for load management and gets to rest and joke on the bench. All of these 3 points IMO clearly falll on the shoulders of the coach. Perhaps even it falls to Ballmer but let's sum up Load Management at the end of yet another failed Clippers title shot. To meet is and always was a crock of horse manure that a guy signs a contract worth over $32M/year and he gets time off to rest if there are back to back games. That amounts to a per game income of $390,243. Not a bad income for doing nothing. With Doc playing favorites and no team chemistry, no leaders and another failed season while the team hero is a silent, sullen, tough to read and pampered spoiled individual, to me it falls clearly on Doc's shoulders and he deserved to be fired. I would have done it 1 or 2 years earlier

I remember when he came from the Celtics to the Clippers his comments were that he would only coach for a contender at this stage of his career
I completely agree with those 3 points

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
And indeed, they could be the greatest Lakers duo ever, who is to say yes or no.
LBJ will certainly be the first to proclaim that :rolleyes:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing