New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I feel it is a better matchup. C's don't have any manpower to match AD and Lebron. Heat has Bam, Crowder and Butler, all good defensive players. And this is the time for Herro to play hero ball. Duncan Robinson as well. Riley is in the bubble. He surely can weave some magic.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And again I forgot Iggy. He knows LeBron well.

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Reactions: Steve Williams

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Heat win the Eastern Conference Final

Heat 125-113

The Celtics just ran out of gas at the end and the Heat finished strong

Finals start Wednesday Heat vs Lakers

Thanks again for reporting to Steve and Phil
And sorry for your team, Phil.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
I feel it is a better matchup. C's don't have any manpower to match AD and Lebron. Heat has Bam, Crowder and Butler, all good defensive players. And this is the time for Herro to play hero ball. Duncan Robinson as well. Riley is in the bubble. He surely can weave some magic.

Let's hope for the best for the Heat :oops:

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks again for reporting to Steve and Phil
And sorry for your team, Phil.
I'm ok with the C's campaign, Christoph, thanks.

Hopefully, Ainge fills the team up with some veterans on the bench. He practically did nothing on trading deadline (when Iggy came to Miami ). I was imagining had he picked up Howard and Rondo, that would be good for the C's. Anyway, on to the next season.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Let's hope for the best for the Heat :oops:
Hopefully, it would be the upset we 2 are waiting for, save the best for last. Nobody would have given the Heat a chance to beat the Bucks and they did. They beat the MVP and now have a chance to beat the 'pissed' 2nd place 16 votes runner up. :D When Bam went crazy, I noticed the Heat mostly won the game. Hard to defend him because he is a sleek mover and has a good shooting touch, like a Siakam on steroids. :D

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Hopefully, it would be the upset we 2 are waiting for, save the best for last. Nobody would have given the Heat a chance to beat the Bucks and they did. They beat the MVP and now have a chance to beat the 'pissed' 2nd place 16 votes runner up. :D When Bam went crazy, I noticed the Heat mostly won the game. Hard to defend him because he is a sleek mover and has a good shooting touch, like a Siakam on steroids. :D

I would have NEVER guessed that the Heat will reach the finals :oops:
I certainly hope they also win it all :cool:

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I would have NEVER guessed that the Heat will reach the finals :oops:
I certainly hope they also win it all :cool:
Hopefully they will be the No. 1 seed killers - they did it in the East already. I am strongly hoping they win it all too. This will be my second time to root for a Riley team, first was he was coach of the Knicks, vs the Bulls of Jordan.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Hopefully they will be the No. 1 seed killers - they did it in the East already. I am strongly hoping they win it all too. This will be my second time to root for a Riley team, first was he was coach of the Knicks, vs the Bulls of Jordan.

you didn't like Jordan either???o_O

Steve Williams

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It's not that I didn't like him, Steve. It's just that rooted for the underdog as the Jordan Bulls were always favored. I did root for his Bulls in his first title year, and that was because he went up against the Lakers, you know, Celtics - Lakers rivalry in the 80s. :)

Steve Williams

I am not a betting man and I never gamble as I have always felt that statistics are for losers BUT........

Lakers Open as 5-Point Favorites Over Heat in Game 1 of 2020 NBA Finals

Steve Williams

It's not that I didn't like him, Steve. It's just that rooted for the underdog as the Jordan Bulls were always favored. I did root for his Bulls in his first title year, and that was because he went up against the Lakers, you know, Celtics - Lakers rivalry in the 80s. :)
As an aside did you see the ESPN documentary on Michael Jordan. It easily convinced me he is the true "GOAT"

Steve Williams

I see this NBA Finals as a true grudge series BUT not one between Miami and the Lakers or between LeBron and Butler but rather I see this series as one for all ages....between the drill sergeant Pat Riley and the self anointed King , LeBron James against his old boss Pat Riley

LeBron's return to "South Beach" (well the bubble) will be one of his biggest challenges as he understands what the result will be to his legacy if the Lakers lose

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Here you go Phil and Christoph. .....

2020 NBA Finals Preview: LeBron faces former squad, rebuilt in his wake

Shaun Powell

https://www.nba.com/2020-nba-finals-preview-lakers-heat
Very nice read. Drama. I never knew Riley had such a hard heart for James when he bolted Miami that they never spoke again since. Riley is a basketball brain, maybe much like in the realm of Jerry West in building and running teams. He turned around a doormat Knicks team in a couple of years in a championship contender with CBA D league players like Stark and Mason. That was impressive. Agree, the title is for the Lakers to lose, but at the rate the Heat surprised the Bucks, who were supposed to be in this Dance, nothing is that surprising for the Heat to pull out anymore.

Steve Williams

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

Looks like Phil and I are usually for the underdogs :p

But I have to admit that after seeing the Michael Jordan Docu on Netflix I developed quite an amount of belated respect for MJ :eek:

Steve Williams

All the reports keep saying that it would be a record for James if he wins his 4th ring playing for a 3rd franchise

Personally I have more respect for the players who won 4 rings playing for the same team

I've said before that I feel LeBron and Kawhi are journeymen ring hunters as I cannot associate either of them with any team

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing