New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Meanwhile, Tom Thibodeau, Doc's assistant in Boston, has just signed Taj Gibson to a deal with the Wolves. Making a dual ex-Bulls reunion with Jimmy Butler. So now they boast of a lineup of Townes, Wiggins, Teague, Gibson and Butler to lead the charge. Looks pretty good. By the way, Thibs has no prior experience as President of BO as well, but he seems to be doing much better that Rick Pitino, Doc, and Phil Jackson. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
This would be really be interesting if Melo goes to the Rockets or the Cavs.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...de-clause-houston-rockets-cleveland-cavaliers

If he can't have 3 riders on his banana boat, he'll settle for 2 riders. :D

Melo to the Cavs is an interesting trade. They will continue to beat up on the East (they can do that with or without Melo) but are more matched to the GSW which are so much better than the rest of the league ...
Melo with the Rockets is more points but, as if that could be even possible, even less defense: they will score a bunch while the other team if it has any scorer will likely outscore them. I wouldn't like that trade.. Melo in Miami? Perhaps that could even things up a bit with the Cavs...

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Melo to the Cavs is an interesting trade. They will continue to beat up on the East (they can do that with or without Melo) but are more matched to the GSW which are so much better than the rest of the league ...
Melo with the Rockets is more points but, as if that could be even possible, even less defense: they will score a bunch while the other team if it has any scorer will likely outscore them. I wouldn't like that trade.. Melo in Miami? Perhaps that could even things up a bit with the Cavs...

I'd like to find out WHO would be traded from the Cavs or the Rockets, given Melo's big contract with 2 yrs left. Cavs, maybe Love, but who from the Rockets? If ever this thing bears fruit.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Deal isn't final yet but it looks like Danilo Gallinari is being traded to the Clippers from Denver. Finally, a very good small forward for the Clips.

Three way deal - Jamal Crawford and Diamond Stone plus the 2018 late 1st round pick Clippers just got from Houston to Atlanta.

Atlanta sends Paul Millsap to Denver.

Clippers front court looks good - DJ at center, Blake at power forward and Gallinari at small forward. Then Patrick Beverly at the point and Austin Rivers at shooting guard I guess. SG is the weak point.

It is at least an interesting lineup for next year and a nice recovery from the CP3 loss.

Hope this deal gets completed.

Don't know if Doc or Jerry West put this deal together but I like it either way.

Last edited:

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Forgot that the Clippers picked up Sindarius Thornwell in the draft, a 6' 5" 212 lb SG from South Carolina that averaged 21 ppg. Perhaps he can pick up some of the slack at SG. Supposedly a very strong defender but needs to work on his three point shot - just the opposite of JJ Redick.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Deal isn't final yet but it looks like Danilo Gallinari is being traded to the Clippers from Denver. Finally, a very good small forward for the Clips.

Three way deal - Jamal Crawford and Diamond Stone plus the 2018 late 1st round pick Clippers just got from Houston to Atlanta.

Atlanta sends Paul Millsap to Denver.

Clippers front court looks good - DJ at center, Blake at power forward and Gallinari at small forward. Then Patrick Beverly at the point and Austin Rivers at shooting guard I guess. SG is the weak point.

It is at least an interesting lineup for next year and a nice recovery from the CP3 loss.

Hope this deal gets completed.

Don't know if Doc or Jerry West put this deal together but I like it either way.

There were talks that Gallinari would be the only free agent left for the C's if Hayward chose Utah or Miami in the next few days. So Gallo is ALSO out of the picture for the C's. Which leaves us with a team like last season with the addition of Tatum and the subtraction of Amir Johnson which I really welcome. On to 2018's free agents for Dealin'-for-nothin' Danny. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Meanwhile, the Summer League has started in Utah, and Fultz vs Tatum as Philly took on the Celtics. Tatum hit the game winner, finished with 21 points and Fultz had 17 and I can see that these 2 are great scorers, and we have not seen THE BALL yet from the Lakers. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
ESPN reporting the Gordon Hayward is going to join the Boston Celtics.

Danny Ainge wins one!

Tough for the Jazz, price to be paid for being a small market team.

EDIT Now Hayward's agent has said no decision made yet. Still up in the air.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
ESPN reporting the Gordon Hayward is going to join the Boston Celtics.

Danny Ainge wins one!

Tough for the Jazz, price to be paid for being a small market team.

EDIT Now Hayward's agent has said no decision made yet. Still up in the air.

I'm on the edge just waiting for what the man is gonna say.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It's like watching 'Hay-Watch'. I prefer Bay Watch. :D

After 3 more hours, there is still no news on where Hayward has decided to go.

Maybe the initial news was a leak, as it is not likely to be fake news as ESPN reported it. And the leak caused Hayward to be uneasy and now wants to rethink it over. Well, this may be like that DeAndre Jordan handshake commitment to Dallas and then a turnaround back to the Clippers thing. And it will be a sad day for Celtics fans if that happens.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hayward to Boston. Announced via Players Tribune.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I have been wanting him to come to Boston, not that he's more talented than others in the market (George or Butler), but because I want to see him reunited with his college coach Stevens. They were just one 3 point basket away from a national title in Butler. Hope they finish one in Boston. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lost in all the free agent hoopla, a few days ago, trusted scooper Adrian Woj signed with ESPN, moving out from his former Yahoo Sports The Vertical. Maybe that was a minor free agent signing. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Woj is the best NBA reporter. If Woj writes it or says it you can count on it being true.

I've seen him on ESPN a couple of times over the holiday weekend. Looks like he is still feeling his way a little bit and creating his space. Hope he gets the room he needs to do his best.

Also notice that Chris Broussard is on Fox Sports now. That's good news for ESPN. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Woj is the best NBA reporter. If Woj writes it or says it you can count on it being true.

I've seen him on ESPN a couple of times over the holiday weekend. Looks like he is still feeling his way a little bit and creating his space. Hope he gets the room he needs to do his best.

Also notice that Chris Broussard is on Fox Sports now. That's good news for ESPN. :)

Agreed. Woj is the best and most reliable.

But to cure boredom, I sometimes listen to Stephen A Smith and Shannon Sharpe. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And I think it's confirmed, Gallinari is headed to the Clippers via trade, and Jamaal Crawford moves to Atlanta.

Sacramento reportedly will get Zach Randolph and George Hill.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Warriors reportedly will add Nick Young and Omar Casspi to their lineup. More SHOOTERS!

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers just signed Milos Teodosic, a Serbian who is considered to be the top point guard in Europe.

Have to say that the Clippers have made a nice recovery since Chris Paul left to go to the Rockets.

This sounds more like a Jerry West move than Doc Rivers...not that I care who gets credit as long as it makes the Clips better.

Regarding the Warriors' recent signings, I certainly understand Omar Caspi, he is a solid player. Presume they think they can get Nick Young under control....good luck with that.

Will be fun to watch Draymond Green get a technical foul for beating up someone on his own team - Mr. Young is undisciplined to say the least. :)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing