New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Game 6 tonight in Cleveland. LeBron vs Warriors.

In other NBA news, the Clippers traded Spencer Hawes and Matt Barnes to Charlotte for Lance Stephenson.

Lance has the talent but is a head case - hope Doc can bring out the best in him.

Won't miss Hawes a lick - big disappointment.

Sorry to see Matt Barnes go - he always gave everything he had. He's the player you love on your team but hate him when he's on the other side. Hope he lands in a good spot - maybe back with the Lakers. Poor guy is getting divorced so that would help with his family situation.

Looks like Jamal Crawford may be next to leave the Clippers - I love Jamal but Clippers are capped out and need to make some moves.

Big night tonight. Hope Warriors can wrap it up so my weekend will be less tense. :D

Hope Doc can cure Lance. I always wonder why in spite of such huge salaries in the NBA, head cases still come out, considering what they would get from the minimum wage out in the streets.

Yeah, Hawes was indeed a big disappointment. He was very good playing for Philly. Wonder what happened.

I read the Clippers won't have enough cap space even to sign Pierce, who can opt out this summer from the Wizards.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I am hoping for the best with Lance but Doc has made a couple of signings in the last two offseasons that were not good. Spencer Hawes last summer and Jared Dudley the summer before. I'm still picturing Lance blowing in LeBron's ear in last year's playoffs though. I'll be polite and say that was strange.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm still picturing Lance blowing in LeBron's ear in last year's playoffs though. I'll be polite and say that was strange.

I'm trying to picture that in baseball or the NFL. And I can't imagine that in ice hockey. :D

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I don't know what would happen in Baseball or the NFL...Referee are sensitive and they would call atechnical or something .. In Ice Hockey?The referees would simply wait for the offender to have the crapbeat out of him before taking a breath to wistle :D

If Curry tonight is at his best like he was in game 5 4th quarter but for the entire game ... Warriors win. And Lebron should be MVP. His performance has been for the ages. Never seen anything close to that and frankly aside from some regular season monster performances by Wilt Chamberlain who routinely lead the League in Points, Rebounds and Assists simultaneously !!!! , no one has evercome close be it MJ, Magic (My favorite player of all time), Bird, etc. The man is a team all by himself... Without Lebron and even with Kyrie and Love that would have been a sweep by the Warriors... No other player presently in the league could have advanced the Cavs that far ...

I wouldn't say I hate him but since THe Decision his stock is very low with me but I love Bssketball ...so.. One of the greatest player ever...

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I don't know what would happen in Baseball or the NFL...Referee are sensitive and they would call atechnical or something .. In Ice Hockey?The referees would simply wait for the offender to have the crapbeat out of him before taking a breath to wistle :D

If Curry tonight is at his best like he was in game 5 4th quarter but for the entire game ... Warriors win. And Lebron should be MVP. His performance has been for the ages. Never seen anything close to that and frankly aside from some regular season monster performances by Wilt Chamberlain who routinely lead the League in Points, Rebounds and Assists simultaneously !!!! , no one has evercome close be it MJ, Magic (My favorite player of all time), Bird, etc. The man is a team all by himself... Without Lebron and even with Kyrie and Love that would have been a sweep by the Warriors... No other player presently in the league could have advanced the Cavs that far ...

I wouldn't say I hate him but since THe Decision his stock is very low with me but I love Bssketball ...so.. One of the greatest player ever...

If not the greatest player ever but for me Frantz the MVP is Steph Curry just as he was in the regular season. Steph has effortlessly dismantled the Cavs as well as willing his team to victory. In game 5 the game was too close to call with 5 minutes left when Steph started throwing up his tres and in the blink of an eye the game was over. How about the three he shot and as Phil pointed out he was backing up before the ball even went in with nothing but net

LeBron has had an amazing year and brought the Cavs this close but it's team ball, not star ball that wins series as Bob Lerner so correctly stated

Now if the Cavs win it in 7 then I agree with you

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And Lebron should be MVP. His performance has been for the ages. Never seen anything close to that and frankly aside from someregular season monster performances by Wilt Chamberlain who routinely lead the League in Points, Rebounds and Assists!!!! , no one has evercome close be it MJ, Magic (My favorite player of all time), Bird, etc. The man is a team all by himself... Without Lebron and even with Kyrie and Love that would have been a sweep by the Warriors... No other player presently in the league could have advanced the Cavs that far ...

+1. I have not seen any player who can shoot 3's, post up, assist, rebound, and block shots than him. He is a souped up Magic Johnson. :) And he can even be a playing coach. :D

Steve Williams

Frantz

Watching The pregame the critics are siding with you and are making LeBron the MVP. He is great but Steoh Curry reminds me of Jamaal Wilkes back in the glory days. Wilkes was effortless in everything he did. I just think Steph is only becoming comfortable in the limelight whereas LeBron is not only comfortable but enjoys it. I won't be sorry if LeBron wins it and I'm sure Steph won't either as long as he's the one to hoist the Larry O'Brien trophy

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
If the Warriors win the championship it will have to be considered a Roger Maris championship - marked with an asterick. ***

Cavaliers lost their second and third best players to injury while the Warriors are at full strength.

We'll never know what would have happened if Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love had played.

LeBron is giving them all they can handle with the Cavs down two of their best players.

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
Sure if you give Cleveland the same asterisk for facing the Hawks with injured players. Call it the double asterisk series. :)

You play what's in front of you. I could go back and start assigning asterisks to teams that beat ones with more injuries. Do the Knicks get a super gold star for winning with an injured Willis Reed. :)

If the Warriors win the championship it will have to be considered a Roger Maris championship - marked with an asterick. ***

Cavaliers lost their second and third best players to injury while the Warriors are at full strength.

We'll never know what would have happened if Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love had played.

LeBron is giving them all they can handle with the Cavs down two of their best players.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
+1. I have not seen any player who can shoot 3's, post up, assist, rebound, and block shots than him. He is a souped up Magic Johnson. :) And he can even be a playing coach. :D

He's really something else.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I read that Tristan Thompson agent is saying that his client will want nothing less than a max contract this summer. He is showing why.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Sure if you give Cleveland the same asterisk for facing the Hawks with injured players. Call it the double asterisk series. :)

You play what's in front of you. I could go back and start assigning asterisks to teams that beat ones with more injuries. Do the Knicks get a super gold star for winning with an injured Willis Reed. :)

Yes, the Knicks should get a super gold star for Willis Reed's incredible perfromance. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Those biceps of Igoudala are bigger than LeBron. Maybe that's why he's missing the free throws, too much power. :D

Steve Williams

Fabulous game and fabulous series. Warriors bring it home to Oakland after a huge drought. Cats didn't go down without a big late game rally to bring it to within 4 but Curry seals the victory with 2 FT's. Final 105-97

I thought Curry ran holes in the Cavs Defense tonight.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
who's the mvp? iggy or curry? :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Iggy is MVP of the Finals.

And sad note, Alvin Gentry has seen his last game as Warriors Assistant. Happy Pelicans welcoming him.

Another parade in Market Street after the Giants. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing