New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

mmakshak

May 1, 2011
S.F. Bay Area
I thought people forgot to mention the Warriors(you have to celebrate when your team is doing well, because you never know the future. Trust me about this.). Kerr seems to be fine-tuning things, and he definitely learned something(I believe) from the first Atlanta game. They played down the absence of Korver, but I think it had a major impact on the game, because he is so accurate in his shooting.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Kudos to the Warriors this year - they are having a great season.

It pains me as a Clipper fan to admit that they are the better team this year.

Having Steve Kerr as the coach of the Warriors dilutes the pain a little as its hard not to admire him.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Nice game between the 2 Texas powers - Dallas and San Antonio. Monte Ellis went unconscious for 38points - real fun to watch this young kid play.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Nice game between the 2 Texas powers - Dallas and San Antonio. Monte Ellis went unconscious for 38points - real fun to watch this young kid play.

Just read an article a day or two ago on ESPN's site that Ellis was a problem in Dallas....guess he came aound quickly. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Had you just stay put in Orlanda, the gap between the C's and Lakers would have been 4 titles instead of 1. :D

Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers

Brett Pollakoff

Mar 27, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
18 Comments
Orlando Magic add Shaquille O'Neal to team's Hall of Fame Getty Images

Shaquille O’Neal was inducted into the Orlando Magic Hall of Fame on Friday, and the ceremonies evidently had him feeling all kinds of sentimental.

O’Neal began his career in Orlando, but bolted in free agency for the Lakers after only four seasons.

He expressed regret over the decision, even though all of his greatest career achievements — the four championships, three Finals MVP trophies and one league MVP award — didn’t come until after he was gone.

From Kyle Hightower of the Associated Press:

“Do I regret it? I never fully answer it. I regret it sometimes. Is this where I started and should have stayed? I actually wish they made it a law that whoever drafts you, you gotta stay there your whole career.” …

O’Neal said the DeVos family deserves “a couple” of championships and that the Magic’s 1995 Finals team, which also featured a core of Penny Hardaway and Anderson, had a chance to get back.

“That’s why I kind of regret it, because we had a young, fabulous team,” O’Neal said. “We really did. And it’s a shame that we got torn apart. But I think about that all the time. I try not to live my life now on ‘ifs’ or ‘would’ve, should’ve,’ but do I regret leaving here in ’96, yes I do.” …

“I wish I would have had more patience,” he said. “I wanted to be protected from the bashing. What I mean by that is I wanted to win then. Even when I got (to Los Angeles) I still got bashed, it took four years to win. But I was very impatient. I was very young and I thought that if I go there, with those guys out there I could win right away and that wasn’t the case.

O’Neal was able to leave after his first contract, and the league later changed free agency rules to allow for restricted free agency, where the team that originally drafted a player could match any offer he received.

The Magic undoubtedly would have done so where O’Neal was concerned, but either way, it’s nice to hear him speak positively of the franchise where he got his NBA start.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-magic-for-lakers/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Lakers won at the buzzer and their fans are FURIOUS

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/3/...-won-at-the-buzzer-and-their-fans-are-furious

I'm trying to figure out how the Lakers are in this bind. It somehow came from the Suns trading Steve Nash to LAL for all these picks (with some protection clause).

Lakers

Suns (protected top 5)

PICK WOULD DEFER TO 2016 BECAUSE LAKERS PICK IS CURRENTLY IN TOP 5

Traded Steve Nash to Lakers for 2013 first round pick (least favorable of Cavaliers, Heat, Kings (top 13 protected), Lakers (top 14 protected) picks) (#30-Nemanja Nedovic), 2013 second round pick (protected top 40 in 2013, unprotected in 2014) (#57-Alex Oriakhi), 2014 second round pick (#36-Johnny O'Bryant), first round pick (protected top 5 in 2015, top 3 in 2016-17, unprotected in 2018) (?-?), $3M cash on 2012-07-11.

That's a lot of picks for one Steve Nash.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It's a bit clearer now.

The Lakers are in real danger of losing their draft pick if they keep winning games

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/lakers-real-danger-losing-draft-164708167.html

And I thought Kobe's contract would in 2016, but it's actually 2017. He's still hogging on to his 23 or $24m till 2017.

With Kobe Bryant entering the final year of his contract in 2016, the popular belief is they attempt to make a quick turnaround this summer with an NBA-ready lottery pick and the $30 million in cap space they're projected to have.

And I've heard some buzz about LAL targeting Love, Westbrook, and even Rondo to join Kobe soon. Ainge better be burning the midnight oil now. :D

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
It's a bit clearer now.

The Lakers are in real danger of losing their draft pick if they keep winning games

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/lakers-real-danger-losing-draft-164708167.html

And I thought Kobe's contract would in 2016, but it's actually 2017. He's still hogging on to his 23 or $24m till 2017.

With Kobe Bryant entering the final year of his contract in 2016, the popular belief is they attempt to make a quick turnaround this summer with an NBA-ready lottery pick and the $30 million in cap space they're projected to have.

And I've heard some buzz about LAL targeting Love, Westbrook, and even Rondo to join Kobe soon. Ainge better be burning the midnight oil now. :D

Interesting on Westbrook but i have also heard Durant mentioned

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers and Warriors face off tonight. Game is on TNT.

Too bad Steve Kerr is holding Draymond Green out of the game.

No warm and fuzzy feelings when these two teams play.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Warriors beat the Clippers 110 -106 to take the season series 3 - 1.

Close but no cigar.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Warriors beat the Clippers 110 -106 to take the season series 3 - 1.

Close but no cigar.

Doc has his work cut our for him, as coach and president. Jamaal Crawford is in the inactive list, and he's the 6th man. Without him, he's got Austin, Big Baby and Hedo to form an 8 man rotation, which is pretty weak. His starters are logging 39-42 minutes each. They play a team like the Spurs and they will run out of gas in the 4th quarter.

Steve Williams

You hit the nail on the head - Clipper bench is not good.

I thought it was a good game. Wasn't at all close until the Clipps blew a 17 point lead. GSW just played their game and prevailed . They are such a finesse team to watch. Kerr has to be Coach of the Year

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
you have to love the Spurs. Sixteen years in a row with 50+ win seasons

Spurs are absolutely admirable, Steve. And 18 years in a row to enter the playoffs. And whoever is facing them in the playoffs will always be scared, no matter how good their regular season records are. The Buford/Popovich team is outstanding. The only one who will surpass them is Auerbach/Auerbach in the 60s. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Very happy to see Paul George play his first game for the Pacers after the gruesome injury. Scoring 2 3's in a spurt and made 13 points. Good kid. And the Pacers are of the 5 teams fighting for the last 2 playoff spots.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Nail biting time for your team and mine Phil. I think Indiana has got the 10th pick locked already so wether they make it to the post season or not, they should be fine next year. I'm just glad they didn't get Stephenson back. Thrilled to see PG 13. Sadly the game wasn't shown here. I was watching the ticker tape as the Warriors were getting beat up by the Spurs.

Steve Williams

Nail biting time for your team and mine Phil. I think Indiana has got the 10th pick locked already so wether they make it to the post season or not, they should be fine next year. I'm just glad they didn't get Stephenson back. Thrilled to see PG 13. Sadly the game wasn't shown here. I was watching the ticker tape as the Warriors were getting beat up by the Spurs.

.....as I sit here watching my Lakers once again falling big time to the Clipps. Yet as the other LA team and now the better LA team I still can't get excited about the Clipps

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Yeah they look more deliberate (if winning) or tentative (if losing) this season. Just missing some of that flow. Could it be Doc?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing