New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Well, I'm at least a little but happy. While my team looks to go nowhere deep in the playoffs, if at all, PG13 appears to be back in form.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Warriors get their 16-0 best ever start record, next should be to break the 72 wins set by the 1996 Bulls.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Well....the Clippers have won one in a row!!! They beat Denver last night and play Utah tonight.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Yahoo has an excellent series of articles about the Dubs: Explain One Play. Today's contribution is Explain One Play: Klay Thompson sweet three restarts Warriors blowout

At the bottom of the page there is an index of the rest of the articles. Check out Explain One Play: Curry & Green's Favorite Play if you have an interest in breaking down a simple play and learning some B-Ball fundamentals.

If you are a B-Ball junkie like me, this is great stuff. That it happens to be about the Dubs is just icing on the cake.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
3 years too late ... Can microbuss do the same? liberating the Lakers?

Now, the Lakers can begin to rebuild.

From ESPN:

The Lakers have 66 games remaining after Sunday, and it will likely turn into a adoration tour of sorts for Bryant, who has already gotten long ovations from normally hostile fans on road trips this season, particularly in places like New York and Miami where crowds sensed that they might be seeing him as an opponent for the final time.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The Lakers have some good young players but need a coach to teach them. Now if they could only get Luke to leave the Warriors where he can do no wrong. I would love to see the Warrioes best the longest win streak by the Lakers and best season win loss by the Bulls.

Steve Williams

Well Kobe's farewell tour began yesterday in Philadelphia where the Lakers gave up a 12 point lead only to lose to the lowly Sixers.

Grrrrr. When will the pain stop

With some of the comments I have read in the media I think the Lakers might have a chance to sign Kevin Durant

Steve Williams

so the season is just about 1/4 of the way done and here we are with GSW a perfect 20-0 with interim coach Luke Walton and the Spurs in 2nd place at 16-4. Short of this there are many disappointments this year starting with the Rockets

Good game tomorrow with GSW in Toronto

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The East seems to be 'tighter' than last year, percentage wise. More teams above .500 for the top 8 spots.

So much is said about defense but I think the Warriors' offense, specially early on, is a juggernaut. From what I've monitored, they hardly trailed in the course of the game, The gas pedal seems perpetually on with their blitzkrieg offense. Definitely their defense it tops too, but they can put in 5 players on the court at any time who all can shoot from the outside consistently. Amazing. An 'off-night' for Curry is like 20 points a game. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The East now has vastly improved from last season. Now they have 10 teams above .500 while the West has only 6. Even Detroit has a winning record.

Celtics beat a strong Bulls team, quite impressive all game long. Thomas is their new Nate Archibald. Sullinger at 6'9" could be their Dave Cowens - a bruiser of a rebounder and put back artist. To say Olynyk is the new Bird is a real stretch of imagination but the guy has moves and can shoot. . They are 7 to 8 man deep. Could be 9 when Smart comes back from injury.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
If you plot the WL percentage of each team, there appear to be four categories of teams in the NBA. First are the Warriors, then a big separation to the Spurs, then an almost as big a separation to almost all the other teams, then the bottom three teams (particularly, the bottom Lakers and 76ers). The East has improved a lot compared to the West (or the West has declined a lot) except for the Warriors and the Spurs. If there were a strong set of minor leagues for basketball, like there are in the football-soccer leagues in Europe, then relegation would be a good solution to teams like the 76ers and Lakers who are playing to lose.

My neighbor for the past few years in our little town of Orinda , Steph Curry, had bought a very nice 5000sf home and people were getting used to seeing him and his family shopping at the local Safeway and eating at our local restaurants. However, with the birth of their second child a few months ago, they must have decided that 5000sf wasn't big enough for family of 4, so they have bought a bigger home a few miles further from Oakland/SF in Walnut Creek (two towns over from us) which has 8000sf. That should be big enough for a few years. I checked on the web and it doesn't look like it has an indoor basketball court. He got a good deal on the new house, paying well under one-third of his annual salary for it. Not too many people can say that.

Curry does belong to a local health club, Oakwood, which is between Orinda and Walnut Creek. We have several friends who belong and they have told me that when he comes in to exercise everyone is very is quite respectful of his privacy - people are cool about it, no big fuss.

Larry

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
If you plot the WL percentage of each team, there appear to be four categories of teams in the NBA. First are the Warriors, then a big separation to the Spurs, then an almost as big a separation to almost all the other teams, then the bottom three teams (particularly, the bottom Lakers and 76ers). The East has improved a lot compared to the West (or the West has declined a lot) except for the Warriors and the Spurs. If there were a strong set of minor leagues for basketball, like there are in the football-soccer leagues in Europe, then relegation would be a good solution to teams like the 76ers and Lakers who are playing to lose.

My neighbor for the past few years in our little town of Orinda , Steph Curry, had bought a very nice 5000sf home and people were getting used to seeing him and his family shopping at the local Safeway and eating at our local restaurants. However, with the birth of their second child a few months ago, they must have decided that 5000sf wasn't big enough for family of 4, so they have bought a bigger home a few miles further from Oakland/SF in Walnut Creek (two towns over from us) which has 8000sf. That should be big enough for a few years. I checked on the web and it doesn't look like it has an indoor basketball court. He got a good deal on the new house, paying well under one-third of his annual salary for it. Not too many people can say that.

Curry does belong to a local health club, Oakwood, which is between Orinda and Walnut Creek. We have several friends who belong and they have told me that when he comes in to exercise everyone is very is quite respectful of his privacy - people are cool about it, no big fuss.

Larry

Nice inside story on Curry.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Scary thing about the Warriors is that anybody can explode the way Clay did against the Pacers. Just three years ago, who would have thought? I know I didn't!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Scary thing about the Warriors is that anybody can explode the way Clay did against the Pacers. Just three years ago, who would have thought? I know I didn't!

Absolutely Jack. And to think that I heard Harrison Barnes haven't played the last few games, but they have an Andre Igoudala to fill his shoes. The core of the Warriors are shooters, or scorers, so they don't have trouble with points. Opponents' problem is how to contain and lower the output of these scoring machines, and a lot of them score from the arc. It would be interesting how the Spurs play them, Pop must have something up his sleeves.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers made a comeback against the Bulls but CP3 missed a three at the buzzer and they lost to the Bulls

Blake Griffin was tossed out of the game for a flagrant in the 3rd quarter.

Looks like the Warriors have the Pacific division wrapped up already. Are they going to go 82 - 0 ??? They are incredible.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Clippers made a comeback against the Bulls but CP3 missed a three at the buzzer and they lost to the Bulls

Blake Griffin was tossed out of the game for a flagrant in the 3rd quarter.

Looks like the Warriors have the Pacific division wrapped up already. Are they going to go 82 - 0 ??? They are incredible.

I think what is going to hurt the Clippers the most is whenever they play the Warriors this year, they will have in the back of their minds that they were ahead by 23 points against them at home and lost by 7. That may be mathematically possible, but not between two top NBA teams in real life.

Larry

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I think what is going to hurt the Clippers the most is whenever they play the Warriors this year, they will have in the back of their minds that they were ahead by 23 points against them at home and lost by 7. That may be mathematically possible, but not between two top NBA teams in real life.

Larry

Yes, I remember that game quite well. Bad omen for the Clippers that will haunt them no doubt. Even as a fan, that was tough to take.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Celtics vs. Warriors tomorrow. Pretty sure it will be 24-0 by night's end. I want to see the Warriors break the all time streak record of 33. :) But if the C's win 1 quarter, I call it a win. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing