New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Clippers were in Detroit last night to play Blake Griffin and the Pistons. I expected the Clippers to lose this game.

Surprisingly, the Clippers won 108 - 95, blowing the Pistons out in the 4th quarter 31 - 15 after a tight game for the first three quarters.

Blake stormed off the court and into the Pistons locker room as soon as the final horn sounded and didn't shake hands with any of the Clippers players or coaching staff.

I haven't checked much on Clippers and am surprised to see they are in the sixth place despite the troubles they have with injuries. Good news for doc as he must be happy being reunited with Avery Bradley. They got a good player in Harris too.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
IT had a good debut with the Lakers, 22 points with 4 tres. I observed he is at his best when he gets freedom to shoot at will,that's where his 28ppg came from last season. But the Lakers lost to Dallas, so he needs to score even more next games.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And the Sixers have been winning, now number 8 in the east. I would suggest to Danny to tell Brad let's slip to 2 or 3 to evade them. Embiid is a terror. We need to trade for him. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
And the Sixers have been winning, now number 8 in the east. I would suggest to Danny to tell Brad let's slip to 2 or 3 to evade them. Embiid is a terror. We need to trade for him. :D

I just saw that the 76ers beat the Clippers last night. Embiid is developing into an outstanding player. Ben Simmons looks like he is going to be quite good as well. Philadelphia is a team to watch. If I were in the East I'd try to stay away from them in the playoffs, too.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers vs Celtics tonight in Boston. Doc Rivers returns to The Hub. Betting lines in Las Vegas have the Celtics as 5.5 point favorites - and justifiably so.

I will be rooting for the Clippers but will need a program to identify the players since so many are new. :)

Paul Pierce had his number retirement ceremony in Boston recently. However, Paul was not pleased when the Cavs beat the Celtics in the game prior the event. Paul was pleased that Isaiah Thomas was traded by the Cavs to the Lakers since he was unhappy when the Celtics planned to show an IT highlight video prior to the game with the Cavs. No IT as the game, no highlight video shown.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers vs Celtics tonight in Boston. Doc Rivers returns to The Hub. Betting lines in Las Vegas have the Celtics as 5.5 point favorites - and justifiably so.

I will be rooting for the Clippers but will need a program to identify the players since so many are new. :)

Paul Pierce had his number retirement ceremony in Boston recently. However, Paul was not pleased when the Cavs beat the Celtics in the game prior the event. Paul was pleased that Isaiah Thomas was traded by the Cavs to the Lakers since he was unhappy when the Celtics planned to show an IT highlight video prior to the game with the Cavs. No IT as the game, no highlight video shown.

The C's are in some funk again, being blown up by Eastern powers Toronto and Cleveland. It is hard to believe that the reason is the absence of Marcus Smart. Kyrie has not been explosive lately and the same is true for Jaylen Brown. They have to step up.

I was glad to see Doc in the PP retirement ceremony, with the past Celtics greats. Ray Allen was playing golf was skipped the event. I thought he was not invited. :D

So far the blanket trades by Cleveland has yielded them 2 big wins. Young legs, strong bodies and added adrenalin. Great moves by Coby Altman. Utah may have gotten the worst of that trade as they gave up Hood and Hill for Shumpert and Crowder.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
It took a miracle (D'Andre Jordan made 8 of 9 free throws) but the Clippers escaped the Boston Garden with a 129 - 119 victory.

DJ had a total of 30 points and 13 rebounds to win star of the game honors.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It took a miracle (D'Andre Jordan made 8 of 9 free throws) but the Clippers escaped the Boston Garden with a 129 - 119 victory.

DJ had a total of 30 points and 13 rebounds to win star of the game honors.
Miracle indeed.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Valiant effort by the new look Clippers was all for naught as the Warriors defeated them 134 - 127 in Oakland.

Curry led the Warriors with 44 points including a 3 pointer from near half court to close out the 1st quarter.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Things get stranger for Kawhi and the Spurs. Kawhi cleared by doctors since December, but does not want to play yet. And Pop said he will be surprised if Kawhi plays this season again.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
You have to wonder why the Warriors play dirty. They are already the most talented team in the league.

Their designated hatchet man is now Zaza Pachulia. You know, the guy who purposely injured Kawhi Leonard in the playoffs last year.

Apparently he was at it again in last night's game with the Thunder. He purposely fell on Russell Westbrook's knee on a play under the basket.

Article and video at this link -

https://sports.yahoo.com/russell-we...all-zaza-pachulia-dirty-player-054357615.html

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You have to wonder why the Warriors play dirty. They are already the most talented team in the league.

Their designated hatchet man is now Zaza Pachulia. You know, the guy who purposely injured Kawhi Leonard in the playoffs last year.

Apparently he was at it again in last night's game with the Thunder. He purposely fell on Russell Westbrook's knee on a play under the basket.

Article and video at this link -

https://sports.yahoo.com/russell-we...all-zaza-pachulia-dirty-player-054357615.html

The guy should be suspended, it was clearly an intentional fall over Westbrook who was helpless on the floor. No way that could be justified. There has already been so many injuries to players this season we don't need to see blatant dirty plays like that.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers were down by 17 to the Nuggets in Denver last night but came back to win the game by 2.

Their reward? Tonight they face the Rockets in LA. Tough back-to-back assignment.

Will the Rockets invade the Clippers locker room again?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers were down by 17 to the Nuggets in Denver last night but came back to win the game by 2.

Their reward? Tonight they face the Rockets in LA. Tough back-to-back assignment.

Will the Rockets invade the Clippers locker room again?
Just noticed clippers and nuggets are in the eighth and ninth slots.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Rockets are thumping the Clippers as they are leading 34 - 12 at the end of the 1st quarter. Ugly so far.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
IT drops 29 points in last night's game, his best as a Lakers guard. Happy for the guy. He's good if he gets to be a true point guard as he was in a Celtics uniform the past years.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
NBA West playoff standings standings are tight. Rockets and Warriors tied for 1st and 4 teams tied for 2nd at 12 1/2 games back.

Clippers beat the Knicks last night in LA and are in 9th place, 15 games back.

I hope Isaiah Thomas lands in a good spot next season. He's has had a tough way to go in the past year - personally and professionally.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing