New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers lost at home to the Jazz last night so the series stands at 3 - 2 in favor of Utah. Next game is in Salt Lake City.

Steve Ballmer looked VERY unhappy after the game. I continue to expect big changes ahead for the Clippers.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Clippers lost at home to the Jazz last night so the series stands at 3 - 2 in favor of Utah. Next game is in Salt Lake City.

Steve Ballmer looked VERY unhappy after the game. I continue to expect big changes ahead for the Clippers.

The team needs to be blown up and a do over is in order. On paper for the past few years that team should have been able to play with the best of teams. I have always felt they could be beaten in the first round of the play offs this year and it now seems possible

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Imo, it's hard for the Clippers to go far without Blake, the old Blake, pre-punching Blake. The best year for the Clippers was their 2015 first round 7-game victory over the Spurs, where they dethroned the defending champions with Chris Paul's last second acrobatic shot. They have almost the same core this year, but the other guys seem inconsistent - Reddick, Jamaal,Rivers, Felton, Speights, their numbers are mostly small to be able to support the core players. Without Blake, they're hard up filling up his shoes, and winning games. Tough times for Doc. Wish him all the best.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Imo, it's hard for the Clippers to go far without Blake, the old Blake, pre-punching Blake. The best year for the Clippers was their 2015 first round 7-game victory over the Spurs, where they dethroned the defending champions with Chris Paul's last second acrobatic shot. They have almost the same core this year, but the other guys seem inconsistent - Reddick, Jamaal,Rivers, Felton, Speights, their numbers are mostly small to be able to support the core players. Without Blake, they're hard up filling up his shoes, and winning games. Tough times for Doc. Wish him all the best.

I liked the old, pre-fight Blake as well. Have lost confidence in him of late. We shall see what happens.

Regarding the Celtics, seem like the ghost of Red Auerbach is back. Somebody turned off the hot water to the visiting Bulls' showers at the Garden after game 5. :)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...cold-shower-treatment-after-game-5/ar-BBArenf

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Paul George may be closer to going to the Lakers (or the Clippers). ;)

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Good luck to Larry Legend. It might have been ominous. My brother just got me a green Celtics T-shirt with Larry's face in the middle of it. :D I'm sure Ainge can offer him a spot, or his spot. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Good luck to Larry Legend. It might have been ominous. My brother just got me a green Celtics T-shirt with Larry's face in the middle of it. :D I'm sure Ainge can offer him a spot, or his spot. :D

Better hang on to Danny. Bird was the better player but Ainge is the better GM.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Better hang on to Danny. Bird was the better player but Ainge is the better GM.

That's quite true, but Danny has still to convert all those Draft picks into a Banner. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Gutsy comeback tonight by the Celtics who close out the Bulls after losing the first two

My hats off to Brad Stevens for making the lineup change starting game 3, putting in a more athletic and better shooter in Gerald Green in place of a turtle like Amir Johnson. Green has provided them with the spark early on for each of the last 4 games. And the C's were finding their mark from the outside. Good sign. Next up is the Wizards, where blood will boil, basing on their past few meetings in the regular season. John Wall and Bradley Beal are playing on top of their games.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers grinded out a win in Utah to level the series at 3-3. Chris Paul is THE man, and maybe the ONLY man for the Clippers who wills them to win.

Boston vs Wizards tomorrow. Tensions were high in their last 2 games in the reg season.

Toronto gets another crack at Cleveland. Hopefully adding beef in Ibaka and Caroll can change the series result.

Spurs vs Rockets. Antoni's system will meet a tough wall.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Celtics and Wizards coming up shortly. Isaiah Thomas is back for the game after his sister's funeral.

Clippers vs Jazz in game 7 later this afternoon.

Steve Williams

Celtics win!

Clippers don't win!

Succinct .....

The reality is I thought the Celts were initially outplayed and figured that being down 16 early in the 1st they would lose but what a gutsy comeback to win game one

As for the Clipps, I think we have all written their epitaph. I still believe change has to start at the top and the top 2 are doc. Many players will be elsewhere next year, Pierce played his last game and there is new ownership

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Well, if nothing else, the off season will be quite interesting for the Clippers.

Steve Ballmer has a few big decisions to make.

Steve Williams

Well, if nothing else, the off season will be quite interesting for the Clippers.

Steve Ballmer has a few big decisions to make.

BTW, my vote for Coach of the Year is to Brad Stevens

And how about Isaiah who plays the day after his sister's funeral and loses a tooth as well

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing