New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
While I was sleeping, 1am here, the Celtics were hosting the Wizards. So when i woke up, it was a pleasant news to see the C's up 1-0 than the former 0-1 with the Bulls. I admiration of IT is growing by the day. He just came from his sister's funeral but still poured in 33 points. The C's 3 are finally dropping, and that a big plus. We're fortunate to have a good Defensive guy like Avery Bradley who can score too. And hopefully Crowder becomes solid 4 guy.

Clippers' loss at home is a disappointing end to Doc's season. I know he doesn't like rebuilding as he has kept a good rapport with this group. Question too is who will be his new guys, he was very fond of his former players in Boston. Doc, don't get our new guys there if you have to talk to Ainge. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
BTW, my vote for Coach of the Year is to Brad Stevens

And how about Isaiah who plays the day after his sister's funeral and loses a tooth as well

+1 Steve.

+1.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I was very fortunate to have seen IT live, as his speed is even more amazing when you see how small he is but he takes the ball and bangs around and slips by his bigger defenders. Somehow, he practiced and mastered the art of using his body to protect the ball against 4s and 5s when he drives to the hoop. He's so fast that by the time I took a bite off my hotdog, he's gone for a layup. :D

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Rockets with a surprise blowout win in SA. It was raining 3s. Hard to beat a team that drills in so many 3s in a game.

Last edited:

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I turned the Rockets - Spurs game on in the middle of the third quarter and was stunned to see Houston ahead by 30 points.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
They better NOT interview Pop between quarters. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
IT drops 53 points in a thrilling OT win. The guy is amazing. Saw a meme of him, You Can't Handle the TOOTH! :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Steve, he reminds me of Tiny Archibald, except that he's even tinier than Tiny.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
he must be 5'6"

He's listed as 5'9" though he could really be a few inch shorter. But what amazes me is his power. He drives, takes hits, contacts against solid centers and still is able to convert, for so many games now. Researching a bit on how Ainge got him from Phoenix, IT was traded to Boston for one Marcus Thornton and and Draft pick owed by Cleveland. I'm now in the camp of giving IT a max contract down the line. 53 points is historic feat for a Celt, and I can only recall Larry Bird shooting that way and that much in the 80s.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

I am always worried about those small dashing players banging it up .. There is so much the body mass can take ... IT is out of this world good.. Making Ainge looks like a genius and all NBA teams GM like donkeys especially Phoenix ...
Meanwhile this is priceless:

[video]http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19299321[/video]

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi

I am always worried about those small dashing players banging it up .. There is so much the body mass can take ... IT is out of this world good.. Making Ainge looks like a genius and all NBA teams GM like donkeys especially Phoenix ...
Meanwhile this is priceless:

[video]http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19299321[/video]

That shows why big guys don't guard smaller guys. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Have to respect what IT is doing. Super player for the Celtics. Hope he holds up given his diminutive size.

Laker fans may not agree but I am glad to see Mike Brown get a chance for redemption as the interim coach for the Warriors.

However, sorry to see that Steve Kerr has such serious back issues. Hope he recovers.

If it sounds like I am warming up to the Warriors let me assure you that is not so! :D

I can show respect to them...well almost all of them. I just can't warm up to Draymond. Too dirty on the court.

My favorite Warrior is former Clipper Shaun Livingston. Tremendous respect for his long and painful recovery from what should have been a career ending leg injury.

Guess I am meandering now so I will stop. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing