New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Don't look now but we are all tied up in the West and Spurs own the tiebreaker over the Warriors

All of a sudden the west is a totally different look and I suppose same could be said for the east

Though the bigger news, Steve, is that Aldridge is out indefinitely for minor heart arrhythmia.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
GSW barely come away with the win over Philadelphia. Regain number one spot but they are sure looking like an ordinary team

I was monitoring that game and saw the Warriors trailing most of the way till a rally came. They're struggling and for a team that relied on outside shots most of the time to win, they have to make sure they're sinking the shots.

Had the Warriors lost, I was going to wait for some news that someone is going to scream for more waived players in the market to help them win, perhaps a "^&^*&!$% playmaker". :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers lost to Milwaukee (again) last night and Utah (again) a couple of days ago.

Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are both back in the lineup with no change in results......no excuses for this team now.

If I was Steve Ballmer I would be concerned about this team and management as it is currently constructed. This group peaked a couple of seasons ago and is on the downside of the power curve.

I turned on the game last night and turned it off about 20 minutes later. The way they were playing -- I will be polite and say it was not interesting.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Clippers lost to Milwaukee (again) last night and Utah (again) a couple of days ago.

Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are both back in the lineup with no change in results......no excuses for this team now.

If I was Steve Ballmer I would be concerned about this team and management as it is currently constructed. This group peaked a couple of seasons ago and is on the downside of the power curve.

I turned on the game last night and turned it off about 20 minutes later. The way they were playing -- I will be polite and say it was not interesting.

Totally agree

I would make Doc one or the other but not both and frankly as good as he is as a coach he has been non plus IMO over the past few years. Even with the Lakers woes and the Clippers success I haven't been able to embrace them as a team. No excuse for that team to be where it is

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I have yet to meet a hard core Laker fan who flipped to the Clippers....:D

Very disappointed with my team at the moment though.

On the bright side, my daughter's alma mater, Northwestern University, won their first ever NCAA basketball tournament game today. So, go Wildcats!

Steve Williams

Warriors win easily and Spurs lose again to give the Warriors 2.5 game lead in the West whereas Cleveland rests there Big 3 and loses by 30 to the Clipps

it was IMO rewarding to hear Breen, Van Gundy and Jackson comment all night how the paying fans have been ripped off because players don't go to work and need to be rested for the playoffs as well as the teams at the bottom are shutting down their top players for the rest of the season in order to preserve their lottery chances while the league office is doing absolutely nothing. At half time the same sentiments were echoed by Jalen Green about this travesty where people are paying huge sums of money to see the stars of the visiting teams only to hear the announcer say they aren't playing tonight

Karl Malone also came out with a similar statement

Looking back this has been a device started by Popovich over the past 2 years when he decided to rest his top 3 at the end of the season

I have to agree with the sentiment here and am amazed that the league front office has had nothing to say on the matter

Phil don't look now but the Celtics are only 1.5 games behind Cleveland

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
They really have to do something about the regular season schedule. It's just too brutal. Either they cut some games or they spread it out more.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I agree that the NBA schedule can be difficult. The back-to-back games becomes almost guaranteed schedule losses in many cases.

On the other hand, if I bought tickets for last night's Clippers - Cavs game expecting to see the reigning world champions I would have been very upset that Kyrie, LeBron and Kevin Love didn't play.

I remember - on the baseball side - buying tickets to see the Orioles play the Angels in Anaheim in 2001. It was Cal Ripken's last season. That's why I bought the tickets - to see Cal Ripken play.

They decided to rest Ripken that night and I was not happy after driving for almost two hours across the great and congested expanse of southern California. How ironic that they rested the guy who held the record for 2,632 consecutive games played.

I never went to another Angels game after that. Why would a baseball player need rest anyway? NBA, I can at least understand. Baseball players (except pitchers and catchers) spend most of the game just standing there.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Warriors win easily and Spurs lose again to give the Warriors 2.5 game lead in the West whereas Cleveland rests there Big 3 and loses by 30 to the Clipps

it was IMO rewarding to hear Breen, Van Gundy and Jackson comment all night how the paying fans have been ripped off because players don't go to work and need to be rested for the playoffs as well as the teams at the bottom are shutting down their top players for the rest of the season in order to preserve their lottery chances while the league office is doing absolutely nothing. At half time the same sentiments were echoed by Jalen Green about this travesty where people are paying huge sums of money to see the stars of the visiting teams only to hear the announcer say they aren't playing tonight

Karl Malone also came out with a similar statement

Looking back this has been a device started by Popovich over the past 2 years when he decided to rest his top 3 at the end of the season

I have to agree with the sentiment here and am amazed that the league front office has had nothing to say on the matter

Phil don't look now but the Celtics are only 1.5 games behind Cleveland

I don't agree too with resting the top players of a team. This is a pro league and each team will have back to back games of a harsh road sked. I think the league should do something, like suspension.

Yeah Steve, but as Brad Stevens said, the C's as are as good as their record looks, as in actually dislodging the Cavs in the playoffs. So if that matchup happens, the C's need lady luck to do a huge upset.

Steve Williams

I don't agree too with resting the top players of a team. This is a pro league and each team will have back to back games of a harsh road sked. I think the league should do something, like suspension.

Yeah Steve, but as Brad Stevens said, the C's as are as good as their record looks, as in actually dislodging the Cavs in the playoffs. So if that matchup happens, the C's need lady luck to do a huge upset.

watching the Lakers beat the Cavs by 11 points 79-68 late in the 3rd to me the Cavs look very beatable. Watch hubris and the Cavs come back and win :(

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Warriors beat up on the Thunder again last night and finally the Warriors are looking like the team of old as they were firing on all cylinders.

I loved after the altercation with Curry and the Thunder before the end of the half. After the "T"on Steph he hit a buzzer beater 3 at the end of the half and runs off the court. I loved it

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I have no doubt the Warriors will be fine for the playoffs -- a funky stretch here and there isn't a big deal w/an experienced team like they are.

Not a fan at all of holding starters out of games. Fans pay the bills, they deserve to see who they paid for.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Celtics have exactly the same wins now as the Cavs. Thanks to a win by the C's over the Pacers today. And Cavs got a drubbing from the Nuggets. That is always good news. :D

The only thing that is blurring the C's success is the absence to a true and tested superstar, if winning the title right now is the goal. The Ainge has done an incredible job in the rebuild after the Big 3 era. Trading for IT, Crowder and getting Horford as a FA were good news, and the best news for me is the positive development of their younger players like Olynyk, Smart, Rozier and even rookie Jaylen Brown is some kind of a microwave when he comes in. We'll take it one step of the time and hope this transforms into playoff wins and advancements. The future looks bright, and we got a shot at the top 3 lottery this June even! :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing