Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
We've been on a family roots trip (and cooler climate trip) the past couple of weeks to Ireland and Sweden

My mother's family is from Ireland and my wife's father's family is from Sweden. Ireland and Sweden were both beautiful and interesting places.

Back on topic, Blake Griffin is still a Clipper. No really thrilling signings for the Clippers either. At this point looks like they will finish 3rd or 4th in the West again.

Oh yeah, Kevin Durant signed with the Warriors in case you didn't hear. ;)

As a Clipper fan I am hoping it destroys their chemistry. Lots of egos to massage.

Lakers look like they will be interesting, too.

Celtics are moving up as well.

Anyway , haven't paid much attention lately and need to catch up.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Yes. Kevin Durant is now a villain. No doubt about it.

He is the new LeBron James....in terms of relative hate by the fans of the team he left....and the rest of the NBA. ;)

KD should have picked Boston, we are just finishing our rebuilding, so hate would be tapered down a bit, plus he gets into the same conference as James if he wants to be villainous and kick some a,, :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
According to Charles Barkley the Warriors play "girly ball."

They live and die with the outside shot. What happened would be like KD just replaced Harrison Barnes who couldn't get his shots in in the playoffs and Finals. More outside shots.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
The Finals weren't lost because of Harrison Barnes. There is a monkey on Steph Curry's back. He doesn't yet belong to the Greats. Best shooter in the regular season one has ever seen? yes! Comes the Finals he becomes merely a good player with a tendency to turnovers. He's no AI in the Finals...

With KD the Warriors become a much better team, that is scarry. Chemistry, perhaps, could be a problem but KD seems to be an amiable kind of player .. We'll see.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Finals weren't lost because of Harrison Barnes. There is a monkey on Steph Curry's back. He doesn't yet belong to the Greats. Best shooter in the regular season one has ever seen? yes! Comes the Finals he becomes merely a good player with a tendency to turnovers. He's no AI in the Finals...

With KD the Warriors become a much better team, that is scarry. Chemistry, perhaps, could be a problem but KD seems to be an amiable kind of player .. We'll see.

The Warriors lost on many factors. When they were champs that year, Iggy was superb. Shaun was putting in much needed points, and well, I don't want to lament it again, there was David Lee. And also, Cavs didn't have Love and Irving then, and they did damage this time. Curry wasn't himself most definitely. No excuse for that and he's been quiet about it. Maybe he'll be himself next season. He needs to stop those fancy passes. If he was not who is he, I guess he would have been chewed out by Kerr. I'm anxious to see if KD gets his first ring, and ditto too for David West, who just hopped over from San Antonio to GS.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Amar’e Stoudemire Announces Retirement

NEW YORK, July 26, 2016– NBA great Amar’e Stoudemire announced his retirement as a player in the National Basketball Association today, after signing with the New York Knickerbockers for his final contract in the league.

“I want to thank Mr. Dolan, Phil [Jackson] and Steve [Mills] for signing me so that I can officially retire as a New York Knick,” Stoudemire said. “I came to New York in 2010 to help revitalize this franchise and we did just that. Carmelo [Anthony], Phil and Steve have continued this quest, and with this year’s acquisitions, the team looks playoff-bound once again. Although my career has taken me to other places around the country, my heart had always remained in the Big Apple. Once a Knick, Always a Knick.”

July 8, 2010 marked one of the most memorable introductions in team annals as the 6-10 perennial All-Star - and one of the most dominant forwards of his era - took the stage of Madison Square Garden in front of a nation-wide media contingent. Stoudemire’s arrival to the World’s Most Famous Arena catapulted the Knicks into contention and ended a post-season drought to start a three-year playoff run. In just his first season in the Orange and Blue, the Lake Wales, FL native became the first Knick to be voted a starter in the NBA All-Star Game since Patrick Ewing (1997) by garnering over 1.6 million fan votes. At the conclusion of the 2010-11 season, the NBA announced that Stoudemire’s No. 1 jersey had risen to fourth place on the NBA's list of most popular jerseys list.

“For parts of six years, Amar’e Stoudemire was the face of the New York Knicks franchise because of his excellence on the court and his dedication to our community and our fans across the world,” Mills said. “When Amar’e asked us to retire as a Knick, we were honored to oblige.”

In 14 NBA seasons, Stoudemire averaged 18.9 points (15,994 total) and 7.8 rebounds (6,632) in 846 career games for Phoenix, New York, Dallas and Miami. In addition to six NBA All-Star berths, he was named to five All-NBA Teams (two first teams, three second teams) and was the 2003 NBA Rookie of the Year. In international competition, Stoudemire represented the United States at the 2004 Summer Olympic Games in Athens and at the 2007 FIBA Americas Championship in Las Vegas. As a member the Knicks, Stoudemire averaged 17.3 points and 6.7 rebounds in 255 games and helped win the 2012-13 Atlantic Division title. From Nov. 28-Dec. 15, 2010, Stoudemire broke the franchise’s 48-year record held by Willie Naulls by scoring 30-plus-points in nine consecutive games.

A pillar of the New York-community and an important member of the organization, Stoudemire was a major participant in Garden of Dreams Foundation events and also organized an annual staff holiday meal to feed over 1,000 employees to show his appreciation for their hard work and dedication.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Kobe, Garnett and Stoudamire two years too late.. You should have retired earlier.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And he's the top all-time salary earner in the history of the league.

At least his only title was with the C's. :)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
In the years I had Clipper season tickets, there were two especially amazing displays visiting players put on - unbelievable exhibitions that I felt fortunate to witness.

Kevin Garnett was one of them. It was in 2005 or 2006 and he rained in shots from all over the court - from threes to jams, an amazing display. He was unguardable.

The other was Gary Payton in probably 2001 when he was with the Sonics. It was an pre-season game and, since few were in attendance, I snuck down and was sitting just two rows back from the baseline under the basket. He danced on everyone's head that night - couldn't miss a shot, dribbled like a bad ass ballet dancer and no one could touch him.

P.S. Unlike Kevin, I was never paid $8 million dollars NOT TO work. The again, I was never paid $8 million TO work either. ;)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
And he's the top all-time salary earner in the history of the league.

At least his only title was with the C's. :)

I thought Kobe was the all time salary and endorsement earner

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing