New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Kawhi is a great player but you have to wonder about a guy who is so painfully introverted - especially facing the media frenzy in LA.

You also have to wonder about what happened with/to him in San Antonio - the organization many feel is the best in basketball. Why would he turn against that team?

It would provide a great yin/yang for the Lakers if he goes there.

The Ball family won't shut up and Kawhi won't speak.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Trade Ball and his father goes with

I just remember several years ago when the Lakers built what they considered a champion contender when they acquired Steve Nash. No one was ever going to beat them. Well we all know how that went

If LeBron comes to the Lakers and they win a championship before he retires hopefully they won't retire his jersey at the top of Staples with all the great Lakers of days gone by

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Trade Ball and his father goes with

I just remember several years ago when the Lakers built what they considered a champion contender when they acquired Steve Nash. No one was ever going to beat them. Well we all know how that went

If LeBron comes to the Lakers and they win a championship before he retires hopefully they won't retire his jersey at the top of Staples with all the great Lakers of days gone by

Leonard would fit with the Lakers while Lebron would destroy them as he dominates the floor diminishing the play of others and then once again the Lebron Lovers can claim he lost because of no supporting cast.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Kinda weird seeing odds on teams that don’t exist yet.

I’d love to see the Lakers (and everybody else) build around what they have. I don’t find these purchased teams compelling at all.

Steve Williams

Kinda weird seeing odds on teams that don’t exist yet.

I’d love to see the Lakers (and everybody else) build around what they have. I don’t find these purchased teams compelling at all.

I totally agree

I love Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma. I don't care about Ball. He is over rated and under performs

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Kawhi is a great player but you have to wonder about a guy who is so painfully introverted - especially facing the media frenzy in LA.

You also have to wonder about what happened with/to him in San Antonio - the organization many feel is the best in basketball. Why would he turn against that team?

It would provide a great yin/yang for the Lakers if he goes there.

The Ball family won't shut up and Kawhi won't speak.

And his injury. Is he 100% now after that mysterious disappearance last season? They way he walked away and kept everyone in his team in the dark, that is a bothersome attitude to me if ever Ainge would trade for him.

Steve Williams

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/06/19/why-lebron-james-may-be-headed-lakers-summer-free-agency

The last 2 lines say it all. It's Hollywood and LaLa Land and he wants to be an actor and a producer

to wit......

The Wall (game show) The Wall is an American television game show broadcast by NBC, which premiered on December 19, 2016. The show is hosted by Chris Hardwick, who also serves as executive producer on the show along with LeBron James, Maverick Carter, and Andrew Glassman.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
It will be an interesting free agency period this summer - at least for the big names.

Only a few teams have big money to spend so 2nd and 3rd tier players may not find much money available.

The Clippers won't have much in the way of cap space this summer - but a lot of money to spend next summer.

If they want to make big moves this year they will have to pull a rabbit out of their hat - maybe Jerry West can do that.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
It will be an interesting free agency period this summer - at least for the big names.

Only a few teams have big money to spend so 2nd and 3rd tier players may not find much money available.

The Clippers won't have much in the way of cap space this summer - but a lot of money to spend next summer.

If they want to make big moves this year they will have to pull a rabbit out of their hat - maybe Jerry West can do that.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
http://www.nba.com/article/2018/06/19/why-lebron-james-may-be-headed-lakers-summer-free-agency

The last 2 lines say it all. It's Hollywood and LaLa Land and he wants to be an actor and a producer

to wit......

The Wall (game show) The Wall is an American television game show broadcast by NBC, which premiered on December 19, 2016. The show is hosted by Chris Hardwick, who also serves as executive producer on the show along with LeBron James, Maverick Carter, and Andrew Glassman.

Interesting, Steve. Didn't know about the movie connection of his. No wonder Oddshark posted the Lakers as the only team with a minus betting line - the favorites to land LeBron. :(

https://www.oddsshark.com/nba/odds-lebron-james-leaving-cleveland-cavaliers

Los Angeles Lakers -150
Philadelphia 76ers +450
Cleveland Cavaliers +500
Boston Celtics +700
Houston Rockets +800
San Antonio Spurs +1600
Los Angeles Clippers +2500
Miami Heat +3300
Golden State Warriors +5000

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Media plays so much a big part in all these off season speculations. Like a duck hunting season. In an interview with Kyrie he was asked if he is signing an extension, when he said no, the news spread that Boston is now worried about Kyrie's future with them. Next we hear crazy trade talks involving Kyrie and Kawhi, and then today, Kyrie and Porzingis. And when you hear sports show on ESPN and Fox, the people there talk convincingly about the future moves and trades. :D And this will come as no surprise, but noteworthy that any team that gets to sign LeBron will be doing a max 5 yr contract. The same with PG.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
99% of the rumors are entirely made up to get web hits IMO. Very, very few of the writers have actual inside info. Wojonarski may actually be the only one. See Stephen A. Smith, 'Lebron to NY is a done deal!!!'

Should be a really interesting draft starting at Sac/no.2. Lots of uncertainty. I think the Bulls will try to package no.7, 22 and Bobby Portis (and whoever else other than Dunn/Lavine/Markannen) to move to 3 or 4 to get Doncic. The idea was to try to draft a potential team changing superstar this yr. They may even offer a future first rounder (though not next yr.). If that fails, my guess is Carter is their man at 7 if avail.

Will be interesting to see if they or anybody is willing to take Parson's contract to get no.4.

Anyway, fireworks to begin soon and I'm psyched.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
99% of the rumors are entirely made up to get web hits IMO.

Should be a really interesting draft starting at Sac/no.2. Lots of uncertainty. I think the Bulls will try to package no.7, 22 and Bobby Portis (and whoever else other than Dunn/Lavine/Markannen) to move to 3 or 4 to get Doncic. The idea was to try to draft a potential team changing superstar this yr. They may even offer a future first rounder (though not next yr.). If that fails, my guess is Carter is their man at 7 if avail.

Anyway, fireworks to begin soon and I'm psyched.

Not very impressed with anyone coming out of this years draft. I was really impressed by Marvin Bagley III, until I saw him in March Madness where he was dominated by larger players and he basically disappeared as Duke advanced against better teams.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers had two first round draft choices yesterday.

They traded up one spot - giving up two 2nd round future choices - to get Shai Gilgeous-Alexander from Kentucky. Not sure about giving up the draft choices but Shai has the potential to be an excellent point guard.

The second choice mystified me a bit - Jerome Robinson from Boston College. He wasn't projected to go that high. He's an SG so have to see how he does. Supposed to be a great shooter but is a matador on defense.

Draft is always a bit of a crap shoot so only time will tell.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers had two first round draft choices yesterday.

They traded up one spot - giving up two 2nd round future choices - to get Shai Gilgeous-Alexander from Kentucky. Not sure about giving up the draft choices but Shai has the potential to be an excellent point guard.

The second choice mystified me a bit - Jerome Robinson from Boston College. He wasn't projected to go that high. He's an SG so have to see how he does. Supposed to be a great shooter but is a matador on defense.

Draft is always a bit of a crap shoot so only time will tell.

Agree, only time will tell, like Donovan of Utah on the plus side, and Markell Fultz on the minus side, who would have thought. I read a CBS Sports rating that gave the 2nd choice of the Clippers a D+, I had to look at it again. The Celtics, OTOH, got a supposed or projected lottery pick at the 27th spot, a player with 'work ethics' problem who according to an analyst, is a fixable problem for Coach Stevens. And there was this projected very high pick, even a top 3 from last year's prognosis - Michael Porter Jr. who fell to 14th for Denver and analysts gave Denver a grade of A for the draft. Btw, that Celtics pick, a 6'10" center Robert Williams III, got the Celtics a grade of A+. :rolleyes: That was their only pick for this year, on to next year where they will have 4. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Trouble in Houston with Chris Paul. He wants a max deal and the Rockets aren't so sure. Will be interesting to watch.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rumor-tension-between-chris-paul-182131023.html

Tough for both CP and Houston. Houston, knowing they were a game and a hamstring injury away from a possible finals slot, and Paul, who gave up $10m last year for a sign and trade sacrifice to be with the Rockets and hence will expect the 'max' from his team in support. The reverse is true for Kawhi, who can be offered a max of $219m by the Spurs but is rejecting to be with the Spurs altogether. I now hear from an analyst that Spurs have spurned (NPI) the Lakers' call about the availability of Kawhi last week, because Pop wouldn't like to strengthen a conference rival, which includes the possible strong attraction of LeBron to LAL if ever Kawhi becomes a Laker. Did I hear someone at ESPN said that the off season is more exciting than the regular season? :D In 6 days we will know if James will opt in or out of Cleveland. From there, more exciting news to come. :) Latest rumor has narrowed it to only 2 teams, Cavs and Lakers. Without a superstar like Kawhi or PG in LA, chances are that he will stay in Cleveland, analysts are saying.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Chris Paul seems to indicate a good sign to his max deal.

“Ain’t we beefing?”
Here’s @CP3, @DMorey & Rockets CEO Tad Brown on reports there’s “tension” between them over Chris’s free agency.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1011481157865598976

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing