New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Been a Lakers fans long as I have been an NBA fan. The past 3-4 years have left me on the fringe with nothing to cheer for until perhaps this year.....maybe

Lakers win The NBA Summer League as they beat Portland 110-98

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And Lonzo Ball is the MVP of the Summer League. I can hear LaVar upping his price tag from $3B to $3.5B. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Celtics sign another second round pick named Kadeem Allen. Not to be confused with Kareem or Ray. :D And they already had a Jabari Bird signed up as well. And we finally get a player whose name is hard to pronounce - Ojeleye, which I should get a hang of in 2 years, as it would be easier to memorize than that of the Greek Freak. :D

And now the buzz is about Danny going all out if the Pelicans put the Brow on the trade block. If ever it would include the biggest player package in NBA history. That would be riveting.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...celtics-suitors-if-pelicans-put-star-on-block

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That is big news

The next big news if ever, is that LeBron James gets fed up with the lackadaisical efforts of Dan Gilbert (no signed GM as of now), and DEMANDS THAT HE HIMSELF BE TRADED, perhaps to LAL where he can mentor the point guard chores to Lonzo Ball, and BECOME the point guard himself and directs Lonzo to be a 2 guard. :D And he can also muscle Magic to trade Julius Randle and some picks or whatever, to bring in Kevin Love. :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Meanwhile in Hoosier State, the Pacers sign Damien Wilkins! Wait......WHO???? Please wake me up from this never ending nightmare!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Meanwhile in Hoosier State, the Pacers sign Damien Wilkins! Wait......WHO???? Please wake me up from this never ending nightmare!

WHO? WHAT? HOW?

Jack, to wake you up a bit from this nightmare over there after Larry Legend left (maybe that was why he left in the first place), I have NEVER even heard of a player named Damian Wilkins in my life. And I'm quite shocked to find out that he has played even for a few teams in the NBA for around 9 years! Huh? Really? And now, the Pacers signed him for like $2m for a year!! At 37 years old! Boy, for that money, they could have un-retired Paul Pierce, or even Reggie Miller. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Wonder why Kyrie waited so long to demand a trade?

Would have been nice if he spoke up before the Clippers traded CP3 to Houston.

Then my Chris Paul for Kyrie prediction (hope?) would have come true.

LeBron would have been happy, too, playing with his Banana Boat buddy.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
LeBron and Chris Paul would have been a much better fit than Chris Paul and James Hardin.

But what do I know. I also said Kevin Durant wouldn't fit well at Golden State since there was only one ball.

Celtics have improved markedly and the Lakers appear to be on the rise again with big bucks to spend in free agency next season so things are getting back to "normal" in the NBA.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I read another loose report speculating a scenario for a Kyrie to Boston trade for IT and Crowder. While it is improbable as many question the 'fit' of Irving a ball hugger to Brad's system of passing the ball, the interesting thing if the trade ever happens is that in the event of a Cavs - Celtics Eastern Finals, it would pit Kyrie against his former team, and ditto for IT, and the 'ratings' should go up to the roof, aside from the added 'drama'. :D

http://nesn.com/2017/07/the-ringer-suggests-possible-celtics-cavs-trade-involving-kyrie-irving/

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Wonder why Kyrie waited so long to demand a trade?

Would have been nice if he spoke up before the Clippers traded CP3 to Houston.

Then my Chris Paul for Kyrie prediction (hope?) would have come true.

LeBron would have been happy, too, playing with his Banana Boat buddy.

Yeah, it took awhile for Kyrie to speak up but when you're 'rebelling' against a so-called King, I guess you gotta do it little by little. First by saying Cavs off season looked 'peculiar' and then asking for a trade bec he didn't want to play second fiddle to James anymore. And then letting off some news that he wasn't happy either with his name being dragged in the Paul George or Butler trade negotiations. While I would have been happy to see Kyrie go the Clippers, I wouldn't be too happy about LeBron being happy. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
D Rose to the Cavs as Lebron says he can't wait for Kyrie to leave.

That is quite a good pick-up for the Cavs as D Rose averaged 18 ppg last season.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
That is quite a good pick-up for the Cavs as D Rose averaged 18 ppg last season.

I read that D Rose signed for the minimum. They are concerned about his durability. He has missed quite a few games over his career, although being quite productive when he is healthy.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I read that D Rose signed for the minimum. They are concerned about his durability. He has missed quite a few games over his career, although being quite productive when he is healthy.

Very true. Rose's injury problems should be the reason why he was signed for 1 year and his output definitely is hinged on an injury-free season. Looks like he will be the starting PG if and when Irving lands on another team.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing