New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/magic-...e-rondo-mcgee-stephenson-deals-011650231.html

Magic Johnson confirms LeBron James helped orchestrate Rondo, McGee, Stephenson deals

"While many speculated that James had something to do with the new Lakers blueprint, team president of basketball operations Magic Johnson confirmed as much on Tuesday while speaking with L.A. SportsNet’s Mike Bresnahan.

“LeBron’s won championships, been to eight straight Finals,” Johnson told Bresnahan. “You think (general manager) Rob (Pelinka) and I are not going to ask him? "

"The Lakers agreeing to bring in the teammates that James wants as part of the transaction to attract the world’s best player makes perfect sense. James looking to that motley crew still begs an explanation."

LeBron’s spotty record of team building

"For all of James’ well-deserved praise as a player and businessman, LeBron the pseudo-general manager has a spotty track record. Sure, he helped facilitate the core of the Miami Heat roster with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh that won two championships.

He also pressured the Cleveland Cavaliers to give Tristan Thompson a five-year, $82 million deal and strong-armed the team into re-upping with J.R. Smith, a player represented by his own agent and friend Rich Paul."

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And Jerry West mentioned the other day that the Lakers' signing of LeBron was not a 'tough' FA signing.
Understandable as he is now a Clipper. :)

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

Steve Williams

Wow. That’s quite a thing for hardcore Lakers fan to say. I suspect I’d feel the same way if I was a fan out there.

Pains me as well but I would prefer to see them win with the talent they are developing. At least they are all still with the team and the trades look good especially with Rondo (if he allows Luke to coach him)

BTW if you want some ear to ear grin Google court side ticket prices at Staples on opening night there

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
and after one year I read he wants to play for the Lakers even after he said a week ago that he didn't want to play with LeBron

Yes, it's now getting really hard to read Leonard's mind.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Adrian Wojnarowski
?
@wojespn
Spurs have agree to trade Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green to Toronto for DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl and a protected 2019 first-round pick, league sources tell ESPN. Trade call with league office is starting shortly.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I find it a head-scratcher at best for Toronto unless they have some agreement w/Kawhi to resign, and by all accounts Kawhi wants to go to the Lakers next yr. We’ll see. Ujiri has been a good GM, but seems that you could get a couple of first rounders maybe and/or young talent for DeRozan to start a likely rebuild.

Probably irrational exhuberence, but if LaVine/Parker can return to form (big if I know) and the others continue to grow, a starting lineup of LaVine, Dunn, Parker, Markkenan, and Carter is a lot of guys w/a lot of game for the Bulls.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lakers appear to be big winners in Kawhi Leonard situation, but nothing is guaranteed

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lakers...d-situation-nothing-guaranteed-161857781.html

Lakers can get Kawhi without giving up their young guns by next season, unless Kawhi suddenly like freezing weather. :D

Kawhi had no leverage in this mess, he doesn't have a no-trade clause and the Spurs could have shipped him to Alaska had there been a team there. :D Spurs get deRozan who has a 2+1 option and would be a good replacement for Tony Parker. And they eeked out a first round pick as well. As for the Raptors, good luck to them selling Kawhi the goodness of THE NORTH and preventing him from moving to his hometown LA. A one year rental is pretty steep but they get to dump the 3 yr deal of deRozan.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Green is underrated and the 2019 draft is expected to be a deep class. I think both teams did well. Poeltl would make a good twin tower pick and roll partner with Aldridge and will have the benefit of Pau's tutelage. DeMar will be DeMar.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I feel bad for Luke Walton.

The Lakers signed Michael Beasley today to round out their group of misfits - Beasley, Lance Stephenson, Rondo and JaVale McGee.

How in the heck is he going to manage that group - especially with LeBron calling the shots behind the scenes.

If nothing else the Lakers will be fun to watch.

Maybe it will work out - Lakers got production from Metta World Peace after all.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I feel bad for Luke Walton.

The Lakers signed Michael Beasley today to round out their group of misfits - Beasley, Lance Stephenson, Rondo and JaVale McGee.

How in the heck is he going to manage that group - especially with LeBron calling the shots behind the scenes.

If nothing else the Lakers will be fun to watch.

Maybe it will work out - Lakers got production from Metta World Peace after all.

I am more surprised at how Magic has handled the situation as someone who is even on top of a GM. Arriving an hour early to meet LeBron. Letting LeBron have a hand in picking the first 3 'misfits' and saying that in the future he will have to consult with James if the Lakers were to acquire a player. Is this the Magic Johnson who won a title playing center as a rookie? Scoring 40 something points in the title-clinching game? Who won 5 titles with no asterisks? I am now imagining if Jordan would have done the same to recruit James to play for the Bobcats. I can't see Jordan doing that. And, Luke doesn't just need the force to be with him, he needs all the luck starting at training camp, jelling his young guns with the old guns and a self proclaimed king.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
I am more surprised at how Magic has handled the situation as someone who is even on top of a GM. Arriving an hour early to meet LeBron. Letting LeBron have a hand in picking the first 3 'misfits' and saying that in the future he will have to consult with James if the Lakers were to acquire a player. Is this the Magic Johnson who won a title playing center as a rookie? Scoring 40 something points in the title-clinching game? Who won 5 titles with no asterisks? I am now imagining if Jordan would have done the same to recruit James to play for the Bobcats. I can't see Jordan doing that. And, Luke doesn't just need the force to be with him, he needs all the luck starting at training camp, jelling his young guns with the old guns and a self proclaimed king.

Not all great ballplayers make great GM. MJ sucks as an owner. Both are great businessmen, but can't run a team.

This is truly a team of misfits. Now just add LaVar Ball to the mix, which surely will happen with this team as his goal is stir controversy which he thinks is good for his business regardless of what is good for his son AND we have the making of a Hollywood Flop.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ny-atlanta-hawks-dennis-schroder-mike-muscala

OKC gets Dennis Schroeder for Melo. Melo to be waived by Atlanta, Rockets awaits him. Not a bad deal for OKC. Russ may now be an off guard and PG a true 3. As for the Rockets, good luck teaming D'Antoni with Melo, who had fits with him in NY.

I have to say I am amazed at how hard Chris Broussard was defending Melo the other day. What is it with these guys? Does Melo have some dark secret over these "analysts" that they all feel they have to defend him? They guy has never lived up to his potential in the NBA, has ALWAYS placed himself above the team and has always been at the center of controversy. And by the way, never wins and never plays defense, rarely uses his skills underneath. Loser.

Steve Williams

I have to say I am amazed at how hard Chris Broussard was defending Melo the other day. What is it with these guys? Does Melo have some dark secret over these "analysts" that they all feel they have to defend him? They guy has never lived up to his potential in the NBA, has ALWAYS placed himself above the team and has always been at the center of controversy. And by the way, never wins and never plays defense, rarely uses his skills underneath. Loser.

Well it was CP3 who lobbied to get him there

I agree with your observations. He can't play Dee and is over the hill long ago

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing