New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
One of the best games I've seen as the Warriors hold on to beat the Rockets 99-98 to go back to Houston with a 2-0 lead

This game was all about Harden and Curry. Two amazing players

Yes Steve, practically unstoppable guys. Very exciting. McHale gambles too much on the plays. :D I was expecting a timeout at 7 seconds, down by one. He let it go.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Seeing the way Harden drives the line and always drives the foul reminds me of how LeBron does the same

Yeah, Harden specially. When he slides in (like traveling) and extends his shooting arm up with head like it's being blown away to fish for a foul. He does it with some acting. Not the same way as Adrian Dantley did for Detroit in the 80s, the guy fished for a foul inside the paint and gets hit hard, but he made his living on free throws.

Btw, my son is rooting hard for Curry and the Warriors. He's idolized Curry, apparently. While I told him I'm only with the Rockets because of McHale.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
End of series.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Looks like Warriors and Cavs in the finals. Both conference finals could end in sweeps.

It will be interesting to see LeBron and Curry face off.

Hopefully Kyrie Irving will be back for the Finals.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
There has been quite a lull here. Waiting for tomorrow's Game 1 of the Finals. Lebron vs Steph.

And prior to that, I had the chance to witness the Western Finals in the arena itself. It was not planned.

My son and I arrived at San Francisco the day when Game 3 in Houston was being played. It was already 2-0 Warriors. I planned to get in the city earlier but my son's university final exams were delayed by a few weeks hence, we just needed to be there to spend a vacation together. He suggested we visit the Oracle Arena and maybe an JumboTron outside the arena would be there for fans to see, ala Toronto Raptors. No such luck. It was empty and locked. So we just took some pics outside, content to have set foot on an NBA playing field. But before that, we hit the Oakland A's Coliseum.

20150525_152622.jpg

And peeked through an ongoing game against the Tigers because we had to use the restroom. :D

20150525_153601.jpg

Then we landed in front of the Oracle Arena, alas, no Jumbotron and no fans watching the game being played in Houston.

20150525_154459.jpg

After the Game 3 rout, my friend in Michigan (very avid sports fanatic) texted me: I hope Houston wins Game 4 so that you can watch Game 5 live. His words proved prophetic, and my son egged me to just take a chance at the ticket office on the afternoon of Game 5.

20150527_154729.jpg

And minutes after....my son was holding a pair of tickets. He is a Warriors and Steph Curry fan.

20150527_155529.jpg

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The roar of the crowd at each score, each dunk and each defensive play. Priceless. There was a Warriors fan in front of me who was emoting, shouting, analyzing, blasting the refs, from the first score to the last, and he was standing, jumping, spinning around like a guy who just got an adrenalin shot. Watching the game on TV is so much more different from experiencing the game with the fans. And I said to myself, I pity the Rockets team who had to endure the noise and electricity of the crowd. The noise beat them as well as the players.

111.jpg 112.jpg

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Wow, Phil, great story. I never would have thought you could get tickets to the playoffs at the box office - that's a great surprise! Your son looks quite excited, too.

Congratulations. Sounds like you both had a great time. You must be in the runnning for Dad of the Year!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Wow, Phil, great story. I never would have thought you could get tickets to the playoffs at the box office - that's a great surprise! Your son looks quite excited, too.

Congratulations. Sounds like you both had a great time. You must be in the runnning for Dad of the Year!

Thanks, W.

My son had a blast. He blended in with the Warriors fans beside him, chanting, hooting, and even slapping the bar table in front of us. I also thought there won't be any tickets at the box office but our hotel concierge told me the will some left provided I go there early. My son and I were there 3 hours before game time and it was strange too to know the system they employed in selling tickets, it's not what you want, it's what they have on hand, price wise. The lady told me to come back after 30 minutes since I didn't want the pair of tickets she had, read $$$$ . Interesting also, there were quite a few people like me lurking for tickets from the box office, and everyone was wincing at the prices involved. : D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
After the game, Steph and other Warriors were being interviewed on the hardwood and my son asked me if we could get all the way down there. I said not unless you know Doris Burke. :D

20150527_210306.jpg

The intensity of the Warriors fans spilled over outside the arena, fans were dancing to music and everyone giving high fives to each other, chanting 'Warrrr-rrriors' repeatedly like a war chant. It was electrifying to say the least. And all I thought of was, what would it have been like in Boston when they won the title. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Phil

congratulations on that

I didn't know you were stateside. Are you home now or still here

Thanks Steve. I just got home to Manila 2 days ago. Was in downtown San Francisco for a mini family reunion.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
The roar of the crowd at each score, each dunk and each defensive play. Priceless. There was a Warriors fan in front of me who was emoting, shouting, analyzing, blasting the refs, from the first score to the last, and he was standing, jumping, spinning around like a guy who just got an adrenalin shot. Watching the game on TV is so much more different from experiencing the game with the fans. And I said to myself, I pity the Rockets team who had to endure the noise and electricity of the crowd. The noise beat them as well as the players.

It's called Roaracle Arena! Go Dubs!!!!!!!!!!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Phil. I'm sorry I missed you. I would have flown up for that game to go with you and your son

I'm sorry too, Steve, that I wasn't able to make some arrangements to meet you at the Oracle arena as lots of things in the trip were hinged on uncertainties. The original plan was really to arrive in the Bay Area with my son in mid April and then fly to Boston for us to attend a regular game of the Celtics. But it was derailed by the fact that the university of my son decided to extend the school year from March to mid May, and I estimated that by that time, the Celtics would have been eliminated from the playoffs so visitng Boston with the Garden closed would be a waste of time and effort. So I set our departure on May 23, just to visit the Bay Area only, and my son's school semester ended literally on May 22, one day before our trip. I almost thought that I had to change plane and hotel reservations. While our flight went through on the 23rd, the Warriors would have won both home games and were playing in Houston when we arrived. I really didn't think I would have attended my first ever NBA game at that time since we have some plans with my 2 sisters' and family and also with a couple who are close friends now living in Fremont. That's why I told my son, we would be visiting the arena just to chance upon fans watching on Jumbotron outside the arena for Game 3, I was just doing some wishful thinking. No such luck. But my son persisted in his desire to just being inside the arena for Game 5 even if we were just gettubg standing room tickets. I saw the passion in him, and agreed to bring him there to take our chances at the box office. Worse case scenario, I thought to myself, was that he could hear the roar of the fans from the outside if we couldn't get tickets. :D`And luck prevailed that we were able to get in.

And guess what, he did the same clamor on the the night before the SF Giants were to play at AT&T Park, and before I knew it, I had attended my first major league game as well. :D

20150531_163219.jpg

It's a good thing the NFL has not started, as I do not know how to get to Santa Clara. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Good for you and your son Phi

AT&T Park and the Niners new stadium are both gorgeous.

Right, Steve, AT&T Park is absolutely gorgeous, and what a view of the Bay, it's breathtaking.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Just got in an hour ago. I'm envious Phil! Sorry I missed you. I ended up coming back to the city very late last Sunday. Some friends hosted a dinner in Foster City so we went straight there from Sonoma.

The night watchman is back on his beat :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing