New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The LAkers are sooooo desperate that they will sign him in a hurry if they can ... There seems to be some chemistry between Kobe and Rondo. I would like to see that. i condier him one of the most intelligent player in the NBA. His basketball IQ (and likely his IQ) is spectacular.

And here's the picture re Rondo's possible max contract:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....ks-for-the-lakers/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Dallas if they wish can offer Rondo up to $109m on a 5 year deal while the Lakers and other teams can only do $81m on 4 years.

I now bothers me that Rondo's insistence of calling plays as opposed to the head coach (if he wanted to, in the case of Carlisle) created the friction and ultimately his suspension for 1 game. I'm actually disappointed to hear that a professional player will not heed a head coach's call, knowing fully well the HC can do anything he wants on the court. No wonder Doc was frustrated too with Rondo. Good luck to Byron Scott, if ever. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thrilling OT game between the Rockets and Cavs. Harden continues to score like a machine, matching up with James' prolific points production head on. James missed the last 2 free throws that could have won them the game in OT. Houston is an exciting team, even without Howard.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And the Celtics are not the same old doormats that they used to be. :D

Up 26 over the Golden State Warriors, (a miracle in itself) they succumbed to a furious rally by Curry and company and lost the game by only a few points. The talk is now they are in the chase for 8th spot in the Eastern, and they must have their 2 promising bigs back by that time, Sullinger and Olynyk. I never thought I'd be proclaiming praises for someone named Isaiah Thomas, but I am now. Career 18 ppg. Cool dude. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Impressive win by the Hawks last night over the Cavs, a would be Eastern Finals scenario. Hawks looked confident, and the fans looked confident as well, bullish even. Horford is going to be a problem for opponents. Can go in and shoot outside too. Teague is really blooming into a premiere PG. Korver needs his rhythm going and when it does, he can be their Miller or Allen kind of player. Could this be their year?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers were beat up by the Warriors today.

There was speculation that Blake Griffin would be back from injury for this game but he did not play.

Clippers signed Nate Robinson to a 10 day contract - not sure why. Maybe Doc is losing confidence in his son, Austin.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers creamed the Thunder last night in OKC - CP3 played outstanding defense on Russell Westbrook. No Durant for OKC and no Griffin or Jamal Crawford for the Clippers.

Thanks to the Celtics for beating the Grizzlies.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks to the Celtics for beating the Grizzlies.

That surprised me. And Memphis is a rough and tough team to beat. I'm getting a picture now of what Ainge has developed in Beantown. And he's not done yet. Gotta hand it to coach Stevens too for giving the young ones ample playing time, at times doing a 3-guard affair, and the 3 guards get to log in some 30+ minutes each in a game. And Ainge has gotten young talents, big or small, who can shoot - long or short range. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
It does look like Ainge has the Celtics heading in the right direction....unlike the Lakers. Danny had the courage to gut the team and start over. He still has a ton of draft picks to work with, too. Brad Stevens appears to be a good coach - always risky to take a college coach and put him in the NBA, e.g., Rick Pitino. :)

David Lee is a good player - Warriors should be able to get something good for him down the road. Not that they need the help right now.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Great game now. Cavs vs Spurs. Another possible Finals pairing. Cavs really jelling. Kyrie is hot. Parker is hot too. If they go to the Finals it will be one heck of a Finals.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Irving drops 57 against spurs for ot win. Now the cavaliers look indestructible. :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Irving did that? Holy smokes! John Wall must be seething. LOL!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Jack, after I saw the box score, I said to myself, even a tandem of John Wall AND Chris Paul will be seething. :D Irving was unconscious. Against the defense of the Spurs at that.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And LeBron James, without his headband, looked bigger to me. On an alley-oop dunk I thought he was somebody else, till my some told me it was James. He had a body of Karl Malone. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
We had guests last night so I didn't see the game (fortunately) as the Clippers lost to the Mavericks by 30 points. That is an ugly loss.

Highlight of the night was D'Andre Jordan hitting a three pointer, first of his career.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Can't believe that I'd be seeing this this season, but the Celtics are half game behind Charlotte for 8th place and 1 game behind the Pacers for 7th! This after having a 4 game winning run. Fantasy time, and the C's upset the 1st place Hawks and move on to round 2 of the playoffs. I just learned that there is a straight flight from Hong Kong to Boston, and HK is just 1 and a half hours away from here. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Thanks for the tip - forgot about the Warriors - Hawks game. Warriors up at the half, Draymond Green having a good game.

Was watching Clips - Kings on League Pass. Clips up by late in the 3rd.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing