New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Igoudala, the Finals MVP last year, should come up with a 20+ game for them to be successful. He is MIA. And do the Warriors miss David Lee now? He was superb too in the Finals last year. The bench suddenly has disappeared for the Warriors.

Have they? I believe the Warriors success is predicated on 3 players being themselves. Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green.. There has been no consistency against OKC from these players. especially Stephen Curry who's having a nightmarish shooting series so far and THompson is having some flashes of Brilliance but not consistently, same with Green and it isn't that they're being particularly well defended... On a normal Curry day, putting Adam basically a center on him is an invitation to a 40+ point game. When those guys are having mediocre shooting there is no Warriors. Kerr had no answer for these 3 players playing so poorly, no one could have. You can't replace players of the stature of Stephen Curry with anyone with any success. You couldn't replace MJ or Magic or Bird with any player , you could get by in a game or 2 with this type playing, subpar not win a series. We'll see.. The Raptors don't seem to have the wherewithal to beat the Cavs. The Warriors being the Warriors can win 3 games against OKC.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Have they? I believe the Warriors success is predicated on 3 players being themselves. Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green.. There has been no consistency against OKC from these players. especially Stephen Curry who's having a nightmarish shooting series so far and THompson is having some flashes of Brilliance but not consistently, same with Green and it isn't that they're being particularly well defended... On a normal Curry day, putting Adam basically a center on him is an invitation to a 40+ point game. When those guys are having mediocre shooting there is no Warriors. Kerr had no answer for these 3 players playing so poorly, no one could have. You can't replace players of the stature of Stephen Curry with anyone with any success. You couldn't replace MJ or Magic or Bird with any player , you could get by in a game or 2 with this type playing, subpar not win a series. We'll see.. The Raptors don't seem to have the wherewithal to beat the Cavs. The Warriors being the Warriors can win 3 games against OKC.

There is no denying the Warriors bank of their own Big 3 of their first 5. But their bench, touted as the deepest last season, does not help in quashing a Thunder run nor help in making a comeback if they're down big. Bogut virtually is not relied upon to score, yet Adams is scoring. So it Kanter. Last season they threw in Igoudala as a starter in place of Bogut against the Cavs and it worked wonders. But now, Kerr can't afford to gamble on that since OKC has the twin towers. Thunder's defense has been magnificent, rattling the stars of GS. And GS has no answer to the rampaging Westbrook. KD is pumped up, looks like he has no intention of leaving OKC at all. The shooting of the Warriors has to come back at Oracle. One win at a time.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Amazing game tonight as both teams were superb. It seemed that GSW just couldn't keep any lead without the Thunder roaring back until the last minute when the Warriors finally put it away 120-111

So Warriors have to find a way to win in OKC because they got killed there

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
We'll see how Curry would respond in a must win in a hostile environment. Is he just the MVP or THE leader of the club? He made some clutch shots, driving in for a bucket when the Thunder came within striking distance. Bogut and Speights provided the needed help points, but it seems Barnes is in some slump and so is Igoudala.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Hi

My Internet connection has been crapping on me and I wasn't able to watch the game and TBH :) I was very tired so .. the dropouts came to bother me more than usual :b ...
It seems that Curry and Thompson woke up a bit and made of the game a contest but ... the Warriors have no answer for Durant .. he was free to score and to go in the little things I am trying to get from the highlights. Nor were the GSW able to contain Westbrook. If we were to do the math: OKC wins with its 2-guns .. GSW has 3 .. 3, reliable guns and they were not playing their best. I am beginning to think that GSW success has been so great offensively that they somewhat have not rely enough on their very capable defense, you see Thompson and Curry trying not to get a fault on Westbrook penetrations.. and what I find bizarre is how much GSW big guys leave Durant free.. He must have a big body in front of him once he goes past the smaller guys with his (enormous) height advantage... He is getting the shots and it is too easy IMHO. Will GSW correct this? We'll see but if they win game 6 in OKC it is a new series and my bet is on GSW. As for the Raptors vs Cavs game over tonight. Cleveland has a Finals to attend to.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Rockets destined to be great again with the hiring of Mike D'Antoni as the new head coach ;)

Didn't he coach Dwight in LA

Houston we have a problem. Houston, we have TWO problems. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Game of all games this evening. It'll be tough for GSW to prevail but if they do Game 7 will be a thriller in Oakland

Warriors need to get their own quick start. Hard to play catch up on the road specially with instant offense duo of Durant and Westbrook.

I'm beginning to see the Thunder having a better chance to take the title against Cleveland than the Warriors, unless the 'old' Warriors show up.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Game of all games this evening. It'll be tough for GSW to prevail but if they do Game 7 will be a thriller in Oakland

If they win this game they go to the Finals

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Rockets destined to be great again with the hiring of Mike D'Antoni as the new head coach ;)

Didn't he coach Dwight in LA

Maybe D'Antoni can convince Steve Nash to come back and reunite him with Dwight.

There's a Big 3 - Dwight, Nash and Harden. Very harmonious.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I will try to keep tabs on the game tonight but I am obligated to attend an event this evening that my lovely wife signed us up for.

No, I am not bitter. :p

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thunder is using big men like Ibaka and Durant to give Curry some sort of an 'eclipse'. Curry has not seen a lot of daylight in this kind of defense. Thunder defense is very very good.

Steve Williams

83-75 end of 3 as the Thunder close strong

way too many missed shots by the Warriors

Thunder look unstoppable . If they win this I see them with the ring. Only problem I see with them is lack of ball sharing which could be a problem in the finals

Steve Williams

OMG

Truly a game of all games as Golden State prevails on the finesse of Curry and the long ball by Thompson as they take the crowd out of the game

109-101

So it all comes down to Game 7 in Oakland where the crowd will be different.

What a resilient team as they tie the series

The bash brothers were unreal. OKC is a 2D team tonight as they don't share the ball

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
OMG

Truly a game of all games as Golden State prevails on the finesse of Curry and the long ball by Thompson as they take the crowd out of the game

109-101

So it all comes down to Game 7 in Oakland where the crowd will be different.

What a resilient team as they tie the series

OMG!!!!

I thought them thoroughly beaten ... Then I noticed they were inching closer ... then it was tied and then ..They won! WOW!!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing