New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Steph Curry beats out Le Bron for most votes to All Star team and get this .....

Kobe has a torn right rotator cuff. Im afraid to say that it is now time for him to call it quits. It would sure give the team cap space ;) in a rebuild mode

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Steph Curry beats out Le Bron for most votes to All Star team and get this .....

Kobe has a torn right rotator cuff. Im afraid to say that it is now time for him to call it quits. It would sure give the team cap space ;) in a rebuild mode

Despite being an ardent Celtics fan, I must say I agree with you, Steve. Free cap space and start the rebuild. And as I'm knowing now, rebuilding, aside from taking a few years, can actually turn into BUST, ie. the Sixers.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Kobe's body is sending him a message. Hope he gets it. Nothing worse than watching a superstar hang on for too long. Guess its hard to hang 'em up.

Clippers are killing the Nets on TNT. KG isn't playing. Not a good game to watch. Only good news is that Charles wasn't baggin' on Blake at half time.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Celtics beat the Blazers 90 - 89 on a 3 pointer by Evan Turner.

Have mixed emotions every time the C's win. The lure of the lottery picks is always there. And now we're in contention with our 80's playoff opponents - Lakers, Knicks, and 76ers. The world sure has turned upside down. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Last night, Klay Thompson shattered George's Gervin's record of 33 points in a quarter by draining in 37, ending up with a total of 52. That is why draft picks are important, acc. to Danny Ainge. :D Klay is 2011's 11th pick.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I continue to marvel at the Hawks esp if Sir Charles says they won't be in the NBA Championship however they are riding a 15 game win streak and now have one more win than the GSW

Looks like their frontcourt is carrying them, Steve. Though honestly I haven't watched a Hawks game this season. They're hot and they're consistent. Great job by the coaching staff. Kinda reminds me of Pacers basketball, no superstars but effective as a unit. To beat an intact OKC team with KD and Westbrook by 10 says a lot. Amazing run so far.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I know records are meant to be broken but does anyone think the Lakers win streak will ever be broken

I think the record is safe, Steve. The last one to challenge the 33 wins was the Heat which gladly ended at 27. :D There are 20 or so teams that had 16-20 games win streaks. That '71-'72 Lakers team was a great one. I like Gail Goodrich as a player during those times, as he shot with the left like me. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
We had a great time at the Clippers - Suns game yesterday in Phoenix. Clippers won by 20, pulling away in the 4th quarter.

Steve Ballmer was at the game but didn't get his preferred baseline seats. He was about 15 rows up at center court. Fun to watch him interact with the crowd and lots of folks went up to greet him. He was gracious to all who approached him. We were around the corner behind the basket in row 13 but couldn't get to his seating area.

Austin Rivers, to me, just didn't look like an NBA player - he appeared to be overmatched and tentative with the ball. I was hoping Spencer Hawes would be a big addition to the Clippers but he hasn't been a big contributor thus far. He did hit a couple of threes in the second half to redeem himself a bit and finished with 11 points.

Fun to watch Chris Paul face off with his former pupil, Eric Bledsoe. Paul won this matchup however.

Deandre Jordan had a great game and even made 4 foul shots in a row when the Suns resorted to Hack-a-DJ in the 4th quarter.

The area around US Airways Arena is where a lot of Super Bowl activities will take place and lots of temporary facilities were already set up so it was fun to get a taste of what will be going on in Phoenix this week for the championship NFL game. There were quite a few Patriots fans in the restaurant where we had lunch. They did seem a little "deflated." ;)

Most important, my wife had a great time at the game and was an enthusiastic Clipper supporter. There were quite a few Clipper fans at the game. Nice crowd and no incidents with Suns supporters - all in good fun.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
We had a great time at the Clippers - Suns game yesterday in Phoenix. Clippers won by 20, pulling away in the 4th quarter.

Steve Ballmer was at the game but didn't get his preferred baseline seats. He was about 15 rows up at center court. Fun to watch him interact with the crowd and lots of folks went up to greet him. He was gracious to all who approached him. We were around the corner behind the basket in row 13 but couldn't get to his seating area.

Austin Rivers, to me, just didn't look like an NBA player - he appeared to be overmatched and tentative with the ball. I was hoping Spencer Hawes would be a big addition to the Clippers but he hasn't been a big contributor thus far. He did hit a couple of threes in the second half to redeem himself a bit and finished with 11 points.

Fun to watch Chris Paul face off with his former pupil, Eric Bledsoe. Paul won this matchup however.

Deandre Jordan had a great game and even made 4 foul shots in a row when the Suns resorted to Hack-a-DJ in the 4th quarter.

The area around US Airways Arena is where a lot of Super Bowl activities will take place and lots of temporary facilities were already set up so it was fun to get a taste of what will be going on in Phoenix this week for the championship NFL game. There were quite a few Patriots fans in the restaurant where we had lunch. They did seem a little "deflated." ;)

Most important, my wife had a great time at the game and was an enthusiastic Clipper supporter. There were quite a few Clipper fans at the game. Nice crowd and no incidents with Suns supporters - all in good fun.

Nice report.Wonder how the young Rivers got picked so high then.

Deflated fans.That's a good one. I'm rooting for the Patriots, but of course.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I am rooting for Austin to do well - hope he does better as he becomes more familiar with the Clippers and their sets.

Not sure who i am going to root for in the Super Bowl. Tough to like Belichick if you aren't a Patriots fan. Of course, Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch don't have the most pleasant personalities - if you aren't a Seahawks fan.

My son lives in Seattle and likes the Seahawks so I'll probably lean that way.

I guess I'll just hope for a good game that's fun to watch. Not emotionally involved with either team - although I do like Pete Carroll even though he does have a little dirt on his hands from his days at USC.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Close call between Dunc and the Mailman. If not for the rings on Tim's fingers, I would have gone with Karl.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Close call between Dunc and the Mailman. If not for the rings on Tim's fingers, I would have gone with Karl.

Agreed, Jack. Close one.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Last night, Klay Thompson shattered George's Gervin's record of 33 points in a quarter by draining in 37, ending up with a total of 52. That is why draft picks are important, acc. to Danny Ainge. :D Klay is 2011's 11th pick.

George Gervin has an * on Klay's record. That in his time when he poured 33 in a quarter, there was no 3 point arc. :D Point to ponder. (No pun intended) :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing