New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
The Knicks, despite not winning a title in 44 years are worth a whopping $3.3 billion. Wow.

Hard to reconcile when you watch them at the Garden.

What do you guys think of Nets pick and Smart for J Butler? Friend of friend in Celts office says it's been a hot topic.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hard to reconcile when you watch them at the Garden.

What do you guys think of Nets pick and Smart for J Butler? Friend of friend in Celts office says it's been a hot topic.

Being a Celts fan, I would want to have Butler on our team but the Nets pick plus a young player is a bit much. I read that Ainge wouldn't want to give up his golden egg in the Nets pick which has a high probability of being the No, 1 overall. The C's haven't had a top 2 pick since Len Bias who died of drug overdose a few days after the draft. What the C's need is a strong rebounder and rim protector, but that guy hasn't shown up yet.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Being a Celts fan, I would want to have Butler on our team but the Nets pick plus a young player is a bit much. I read that Ainge wouldn't want to give up his golden egg in the Nets pick which has a high probability of being the No, 1 overall. The C's haven't had a top 2 pick since Len Bias who died of drug overdose a few days after the draft. What the C's need is a strong rebounder and rim protector, but that guy hasn't shown up yet.

Only way the trade happens includes that pick I think. If Bulls trade Butler, it means gut rehab to get picks.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Only way the trade happens includes that pick I think. If Bulls trade Butler, it means gut rehab to get picks.

That's what I read too.

At the beginning of the season, I thought the Bulls have a good solid core. Wade, Rondo, Butler, Gibson and Robin Lopez. With Mirotic as 6th man. Well, I guess the chemistry wasn't working as Rondo got benched, and Wade and Butler ranted on public and Rondo answered back. Let's see what the trade deadline brings.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
That's what I read too.

At the beginning of the season, I thought the Bulls have a good solid core. Wade, Rondo, Butler, Gibson and Robin Lopez. With Mirotic as 6th man. Well, I guess the chemistry wasn't working as Rondo got benched, and Wade and Butler ranted on public and Rondo answered back. Let's see what the trade deadline brings.

I like Rondo but it appears he is a poison in any team. His personality seems to rub a team the worng way from Upper management to players ... it seems that no one wins with him. i also thought the Bulls core was good ... Rondo is proving me wrong. THere is more to aplayer than intelligence and skills especially for a point guard...
The surprise remains to me the Celtics performance. Will they continue this run in the playoffs? That would be interesting.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I like Rondo but it appears he is a poison in any team. His personality seems to rub a team the worng way from Upper management to players ... it seems that no one wins with him. i also thought the Bulls core was good ... Rondo is proving me wrong. THere is more to aplayer than intelligence and skills especially for a point guard...
The surprise remains to me the Celtics performance. Will they continue this run in the playoffs? That would be interesting.
B
He seems to have found his spot now running the second unit. He was benched earlier in the season for some kind of bad conduct.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

I believe the C's winning games lately is due to IT Thomas, and not really Al Horford as people would have expected at the beginning of the season. Thomas has really upped his game, shooting close to 30 points a game this season, and when you have a player who averages those numbers, that is a very good thing. Plus the help given by Horford, Crowder, Olynyk, Smart and even Rosier, Brad Stevens has come up with a nice jelling team. I have good vibes withe their playoff chances, they are unselfish and play good D. Fingers crossed.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I believe the C's winning games lately is due to IT Thomas, and not really Al Horford as people would have expected at the beginning of the season. Thomas has really upped his game, shooting close to 30 points a game this season, and when you have a player who averages those numbers, that is a very good thing. Plus the help given by Horford, Crowder, Olynyk, Smart and even Rosier, Brad Stevens has come up with a nice jelling team. I have good vibes withe their playoff chances, they are unselfish and play good D. Fingers crossed.

I think Stevens will prove to be as good a coach as there is in the league. Just needs to get a little more (and deeper) playoff experience.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
B
He seems to have found his spot now running the second unit. He was benched earlier in the season for some kind of bad conduct.

Rondo and Cousins, among a few of head cases, should take up a crash course on How To Be A Pro. They need to get into their heads that they are paid millions of dollars to FOLLOW a coach

Cousins specially is a pity. He's a very talented player, and can shoot with either hands, and is the 4th leading scorer today at almost 28 ppg. The C's sure can go deep with him, if he only get his act together, mentally speaking.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Rondo and Cousins, among a few of head cases, should take up a crash course on How To Be A Pro. They need to get into their heads that they are paid millions of dollars to FOLLOW a coach

Cousins specially is a pity. He's a very talented player, and can shoot with either hands, and is the 4th leading scorer today at almost 28 ppg. The C's sure can go deep with him, if he only get his act together, mentally speaking.

Cousins would obviously need to go to a team with strong players/stonrkng culture. Celts could probably handle him but I don't think SAC can trade him and remain a credible franchise. In Cousins defense, the organization has seemed clueless for years (you've got DC and you build around him by drafting a center w/your lottery pick, not just one year but two in a row? ).

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Meanwhile, should-be Celtic The Brow Davis broke Wilt's All Star scoring record by hitting 52 points. Let the trades begin!

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
So who's the genius who said Cousins wouldn't be traded?:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...e-demarcus-cousins-to-pelicans-050000759.html

basically Buddy Hield and a first and second-rounder this yr. Will be interesting to see if/how Davis and Cousins work together. I like the idea anyway of a team trying to go big in a league geared toward more small ball. At best, Davis gets to play smaller players which is a relief, and Cousins gets to play w/another great player, which is a relief and you've got two top 10 players on the floor together whiich should mean you're always competitive.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So who's the genius who said Cousins wouldn't be traded?:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...e-demarcus-cousins-to-pelicans-050000759.html

basically Buddy Hield and a first and second-rounder this yr. Will be interesting to see if/how Davis and Cousins work together. I like the idea anyway of a team trying to go big in a league geared toward more small ball. At best, Davis gets to play smaller players which is a relief, and Cousins gets to play w/another great player, which is a relief and you've got two top 10 players on the floor together whiich should mean you're always competitive.

That's the first big trade, who's next? Good luck to the Pelicans for inheriting the volcanic Cousins.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
All signs pointed to Cousins resigning with the Kings so this is a very interesting turn of events.

Boogie Cousins and Anthony Davis in the same front court - that's a powerhouse combination. Alvin Gentry should have some fun coaching those two playing together.

Big question is if Cousins will resign with the Pelicans this off season. If so, they win the trade. If not, well....

Fun to watch the Pelicans the rest of this season for sure. Cousins is a risk and not just because of his pending free agency. He has always been a head case.

The Kings have been a dysfunctional organization since Randive bought the team. Big rebuild ahead for them.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Little Jimmy Buss no longer runs the basketball side for the Lakers. He and Mitch Kupchak were both relieved of duty today.

Magic Johnson is now the VP of Basketball Operations.

Perhaps he can return the magic to the Lakers! :D

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Any thoughts on whether Magic's the right guy?

I frankly wonder. I am a huge fan og Magic but ... We'll see .. It is hard to screw up more than little buss...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing