New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Wow, 4 of 6 yahoo writers pick the Warriors to win it all.

aaa37d60-e4cc-11e4-88c9-15b3bf5fb2b0_nba-2015-predictions1.jpg

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The most anticipated series going on now with Game 1 in LA. Clippers has the unenviable task of dethroning the Spurs in the first round. High octane offense by the Clippers is exciting to watch. This feels like a Western Finals matchup. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers and Spurs will be a fight to the death.

I am picking Clippers in 7. Last gasp for this old Spurs team. :)

Manu and Duncan will both retire after this season.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers and Spurs will be a fight to the death.

I am picking Clippers in 7. Last gasp for this old Spurs team. :)

Manu and Duncan will both retire after this season.

I love the spurs for having destroyed the heat last season.

But I'm rooting for Doc and the ex C's. :D

I like to see Blake breakout to a champion mentality. He's been too impatient in his offense and seems to rush his shots. If he matures into a thinking and patient power forward like Duncan, he could be the heart of the Clippers team. I trust Doc will make him one. :)

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Fantastic game by the Clippers. I think this the best game that I've seen of Chris Paul ever. He has the will, and takes over the clutch. If the starters survive all games (even 7 games) with 35-42 minutes a game, I gotta hand it to Doc for their conditioning. But this is one solid first 5, and Jamaal is one heck of a 6th man. Maybe we're back to the 70s where the starters were really the main ball players plus a little of the 6th man. Down with the 10 man game. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
In tonight's NBA playoff games I am rooting for the Pelicans over the Warriors and Bulls over the Bucks. Don't care who wins the Wizards and Raptors game.

For the record, my two least favorite NBA teams right now are the Warriors and the Grizzlies - strictly due to rivalries with the Clippers. Nothing personal. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In tonight's NBA playoff games I am rooting for the Pelicans over the Warriors and Bulls over the Bucks. Don't care who wins the Wizards and Raptors game.

For the record, my two least favorite NBA teams right now are the Warriors and the Grizzlies - strictly due to rivalries with the Clippers. Nothing personal. :D

I'm rooting for the underdogs by and large, including the C's of course. :D

There's nothing like a headline that reads: CELTICS SHOCK CLEVELAND, TAKES GAME 2. And I think lots of people will be happy to read that. :D

Right now the Bucks are hanging in there with the Bulls, 4th Q.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Pelicans put up a good fight at Golden State but lost in the end.

They were even up by 13 early on, but succumbed to pressure in the fourth. They were looking for Davis all the time to produce. Though it was a splendid effort by them. I think they need a good point guard too.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Too bad Jrue Holiday was out with an injury. He's a better PG than Norris Cole. Maybe not enough to knock off the Warriors.

Pelicans will be a force down the road - Anthony Davis is going to be a great player.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
He already is. When does he join free agency?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
He already is. When does he join free agency?

Jack, after the 2015 -2016 season, Davis is a Restricted Free Agent. Pelicans can match any offer by other teams. He's making $5 now and $7 next year.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Even if he missed much of last season that's still a heck of a bargain NO has there.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Even if he missed much of last season that's still a heck of a bargain NO has there.

Most definitely.

I'm not sure how they compute max contracts for rookies and then when the contract is about to expire, how the max offer of that team like NO is allowed to offer Davis; so either Davis gets agrees to an extension for a max contract before 2016 or he waits and opts to become a RFA although ultimately NO has the last say in matching other teams' offer sheets, and it can go over their salary cap if they really want Davis to stay.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Celtics giving the Cavs another good game. Led most of the way but trail by 1 at the half.

As a side note, my solar energy system is cranking out the power today - about 90kWh.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Cleveland played very well. James and Irving combined for nearly 60 points. Hard to stop such a running machine in its prime.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Unfortunately the Cavs won again. Celtics need to take both games in Boston!

It's not gonna be easy. I thinking winning 1 there is an achievement in itself by the C's.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing