New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Well it was CP3 who lobbied to get him there

I agree with your observations. He can't play Dee and is over the hill long ago

I am still waiting for CP3 to win a championship. Many have lobbied for Melo and have lost. Last year a perfect example. Jackson had no luck convincing the guy to play a triangle offense for the better of his team. The guy will have none of it and will go down as one of the most talented pieces of crap to have ever played.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In the meantime....check out the Raptor's projected depth chart. It looks really good! There is a whole lot of flexibility there now. I wonder if Chip Engelund can improve DeRozan's shooting. One of the best shooting coaches ever. If he can get DeRozan to .375.....watch out!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Kahwi sighting, in the North of the Border. With a semi-smile. I guess that when you spent so many years with Pop, it's rare to get a smile out. :D But Raptors fans will be thrilled now that he has shown up with team president and their GM.

5dca099688fd60601d8b011ca686b5da.jpg

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I wonder if Chip Engelund can improve DeRozan's shooting. One of the best shooting coaches ever. If he can get DeRozan to .375.....watch out!

Well Jack, when the news came out that Ainge had signed Marcus Smart to a 4 year $52m extension, the name Chip Engelund immediately came to my mind. How to pry this incredible shooter and shooting coach of the Spurs out and make Smart a reliable shooter now that he's got a good-sized contract.

As for DeRozan, I've felt that he can shoot very well, at times on tightly guarded situations even, but NOT in playoff games, which is why they got booted out quick the last couple of years. I'm sure the coaches and Chip will do something about that, but that would mean it would be tougher for Boston to get past them now. :)

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I can’t stand Carmelo, watched him throw teammates under the bus for years here in NY. That said, with CP3 running the show, I think he’ll be an asset in Houston, and gets them closer to GS. Will be interesting to see how the reunion w/D’Antoni goes.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
I can’t stand Carmelo, watched him throw teammates under the bus for years here in NY. That said, with CP3 running the show, I think he’ll be an asset in Houston, and gets them closer to GS. Will be interesting to see how the reunion w/D’Antoni goes.

As an aside my son worked out with him and Curtis Martin many times in some boxing place near Wall Street and claims tha both were incredibly nice guys.

But I’m with you about him throwing teammates and management under the bus. I disagree he will be an asset but I would lik to see CP3 win.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
No doubt the Lakers will be very interesting to watch this season, both on and off the court.

I think Shaq was just stirring the pot......but you never know with Kobe! :)

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
No doubt the Lakers will be very interesting to watch this season, both on and off the court.

I think Shaq was just stirring the pot......but you never know with Kobe! :)

Kobe would need to get in MUCH BETTER shape than he is. Starting to balloon out a little.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Matt Barnes was a guest on 570 AM radio in LA recently and was asked why the Clippers never won a championship in the Chris Paul/Blake Griffin era.

He attributed it to egos that were too big and a lack of maturity....based on his perspective having played for both the Clippers and Warriors. He experienced first hand how the Warriors won a championship.....and the Clippers always fell short.

https://sports.yahoo.com/matt-barnes-held-chris-paul-115915124.html

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Matt Barnes was a guest on 570 AM radio in LA recently and was asked why the Clippers never won a championship in the Chris Paul/Blake Griffin era.

He attributed it to egos that were too big and a lack of maturity....based on his perspective having played for both the Clippers and Warriors. He experienced first hand how the Warriors won a championship.....and the Clippers always fell short.

https://sports.yahoo.com/matt-barnes-held-chris-paul-115915124.html

Doc Rivers isn't the best coach either. His abilities are way overrated and he should have been fired long ago.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Doc Rivers isn't the best coach either. His abilities are way overrated and he should have been fired long ago.

I totally agree and have been saying that here for years. He can’t relate to his younger players and yes he’s over rated.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson

I disagree with you about Doc Rivers' coaching ability. That said, I was surprised when Steve Ballmer gave him a contract extension.

Seemed to me that it was time for a change especially given the massive roster changes for the Clippers.

Steve Williams

I disagree with you about Doc Rivers' coaching ability. That said, I was surprised when Steve Ballmer gave him a contract extension.

Seemed to me that it was time for a change especially given the massive roster changes for the Clippers.

I believe that when he was in Boston he was at the pinnacle of his coaching career. Then when he was traded to the Clippers and had a seasoned mature team he just couldn't see the trees for the forest. Ballmer should have kicked him to an upstairs job and hired a young coach like Brad or Luke

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I believe that when he was in Boston he was at the pinnacle of his coaching career. Then when he was traded to the Clippers and had a seasoned mature team he just couldn't see the trees for the forest. Ballmer should have kicked him to an upstairs job and hired a young coach like Brad or Luke

No doubt the Celtics and Lakers have two great young coaches. I like them both. Just have to wonder how Luke will do with Coach LeBron next year.

Back to the Clippers, my guess is that Ballmer knew he couldn't do much to improve the roster this offseason and he may have had a problem getting a good coach with a relatively weak group of players signed for next year.

Doc also led a pretty motley crew of available players to 42 wins last year - his best pure coaching job since joining the Clippers in my opinion. Pretty hard to fire him after that performance.

Clippers are looking forward to a lot of cap room for 2019 - so are a number of other teams including the Lakers - so there will be lots of competition for the best players. Might be time for a new head coach for the Clippers then.

Will be interesting to watch but I have to admit I don't really know how things are going to work out. Last time I checked Ballmer wasn't taking instructions from me.

Steve Williams

No doubt the Celtics and Lakers have two great young coaches. I like them both. Just have to wonder how Luke will do with Coach LeBron next year.

Back to the Clippers, my guess is that Ballmer knew he couldn't do much to improve the roster this offseason and he may have had a problem getting a good coach with a relatively weak group of players signed for next year.

Doc also led a pretty motley crew of available players to 42 wins last year - his best pure coaching job since joining the Clippers in my opinion. Pretty hard to fire him after that performance.

Clippers are looking forward to a lot of cap room for 2019 - so are a number of other teams including the Lakers - so there will be lots of competition for the best players. Might be time for a new head coach for the Clippers then.

Will be interesting to watch but I have to admit I don't really know how things are going to work out. Last time I checked Ballmer wasn't taking instructions from me.

I agree about Coach LeBron and am hoping that if Luke can’t control him hopefully Magic can

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Honestly I wasn't really that thrilled when Doc was hired by Ainge from Orlando. I was looking at the record of Orlando. And he inherited a topsy turvy lineup that had young Paul Pierce and probably a mini motley crew. Then Ainge added KG and Allen, and picked up Posey, Cassell, House, etc for bench help. Frankly I told myself they won't win the title in that first year. But they did. He supposedly outcoached Phil Jackson and even used a never heard of player in Leon Powe in the Finals to the surprise of Jackson, as Powe gave them a couple of big performances then. And Doc brought the Celtics to at another Finals and a couple of Eastern playoff runs. I can't described what kind of a coach he was but he did put the team together, with the 'ubuntu' battlecry. And he had Thibs to take care of his defense. After failing to win another title over the next few years with the C's and the Clippers, that is when criticisms of him being overrated came in. The most famous of which was from his own former player Big Baby, who called him 'lucky'.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing