New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And this Saturday night, hopefully Carlisle will suit up Rondo to start against the world champion Spurs! :D

Celtics trivia time. There are now 2 ex-Celtics in the Dallas organization, Rick Carlisle and Rondo. To make a little stretch, Donnie Nelson, Dallas' GM, is son of ex-Celtic Don Nelson, who was a former coach of Dallas. :D

Btw, Rondo is bringing in his league leading 11 assists per game into Dallas. Sometimes he ended up as the top rebounder of Boston too. :D

It's defensive rebounding that Dallas needs help most. Funny how it is likely going to be helped by the addition of a PG of all things. I'm looking forward to seeing how this trade works out for both teams.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It's defensive rebounding that Dallas needs help most. Funny how it is likely going to be helped by the addition of a PG of all things. I'm looking forward to seeing how this trade works out for both teams.

Both teams Jack? :D The C's on paper are ok. Much better than the ML Carr/Pitino era. Marcus Smart, our heir apparent to Rondo's throne, is bull-strong with lots of promise. Can dish, and can shoot, 3s even. Hope he does not suffer any injury in the season. Kelly Olynyk, our big Canadian who can run, jump, fly and slam, and can shoot as well, is our future. Hope Ainge is not crazy enough to trade him. Add Brandan Wright beside Olynyk and Sullinger and we have a good front court. Jameer can start or come off the bench any day. I see Jeff Green most likely being traded, along with Bass. And hopefully we get a good veteran in the mold of Aldrige or Unibrow but that's asking too much. :D C's are now under the cap and has a $12m trade exception which they can use to pick up a good player. Basically, I give Ainge a B+ for the trade and A for Mark Cuban and Donnie Nelson. I heard this deal was nailed by Cuban himself backstage in the final episode of the Colbert Report. Talk about exuberance. :)

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I am very much impressed by this kid from Portland, Liliard. third year player and a star-in-the-making!! Not defend-able so far... and he even rebounds well with 5+ rebounds per game... Played a spectacular game yesterday against SA with 43 pts. He's making a career taking last minutes game-winning shots.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Toronto, Washington and Portland are for real this year and John Wall emerges as an MVP candidate

So far for me the MVP has been Marc Gasol

Was fun to watch the Gasol Bros go at it last night. Both having great seasons.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I am very much impressed by this kid from Portland, Liliard. third year player and a star-in-the-making!! Not defend-able so far... and he even rebounds well with 5+ rebounds per game... Played a spectacular game yesterday against SA with 43 pts. He's making a career taking last minutes game-winning shots.

I like this kid too. Impressive enough to win Rookie of the Year in 2012 and now has more confidence than ever. That 43pts game he was shooting like unconscious.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Major crunch-time player too

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Looking at the standings, looks like Knicks are headed towards the lottery. Who would have thought. Phil Jackson for fix things up. Melo re-signed (maybe a bad thing) :D and new coach in Fisher. Lots of players injured too. They are only 1 game ahead of the 76'ers, who were 0-17 at one point of the season.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The poor Sixers have been the whipping boys so far but something tells me 2 years from now they could be doing a lot of whipping themselves.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Despite the Big 3s and Kawhi's absence, the Spurs managed to hold its own against the Mavericks on Rondo's debut. That's how good the Spurs are, their bench is like a first 5 of other teams, and can capably sub and give rest to the veterans. Dallas' first 5 are all-star quality. Question now is the bench, if they can have a solid 8-9 man rotation. Barea and Harris are both guards so what they need is a back up 3 and 4. Rondo did a fine 9 assists, 7 reb and some points but clearly when he has the ball, someone can score easily. Ellis exploded for 38, he's feeling comfy. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The poor Sixers have been the whipping boys so far but something tells me 2 years from now they could be doing a lot of whipping themselves.

That should be when Embiid starts playing, Jack. :) Maybe in 1 year even. Plus the lottery they will get next draft. They've got some young new talents, MCW, Noel, Moute, but my C's will have more talents in the next 4 years - 9 first round picks. :D I'm thinking in the next 2 years, Danny will use some of these to bag a couple of big stars. C's will be doing some whippin' too. :D

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
That should be when Embiid starts playing, Jack. :) Maybe in 1 year even. Plus the lottery they will get next draft. They've got some young new talents, MCW, Noel, Moute, but my C's will have more talents in the next 4 years - 9 first round picks. :D I'm thinking in the next 2 years, Danny will use some of these to bag a couple of big stars. C's will be doing some whippin' too. :D

Meanwhile my Lakers are saddled with micro-buss ... :eek:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It must be hard for a guy who's chasing a 6th ring at the twilight of his career. And he's trapped with his team, and his team is trapped by their boss.

Kobe Bryant may take time off after another subpar outing in Lakers loss
Marc J. Spears
By Marc J. Spears 7 hours ago Yahoo Sports

Dec 21, 2014; Sacramento, CA, USA; Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant (24) after committing an offensive foul against the Sacramento Kings during the second quarter at Sleep Train Arena. (Kelley L Cox-USA TODAY Sports)

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – A sore and struggling Kobe Bryant is considering taking some time off to rest.

"I don't have much of a choice if the body is feeling the way it's feeling right now," Bryant told Yahoo Sports. "You got to be smart. You got to make sure you get enough return on your investment. With the amount of work that I do and put into my body and to get my body ready, for it to be sore as it is right now, sometimes you do have to consider sitting down.

Los Angeles Lakers coach Byron Scott said he would talk to Bryant about taking off one or two games or lowering his minutes after he looked fatigued while struggling in a 108-101 loss to the Sacramento Kings on Sunday night. Bryant missed 22 of 30 shots from the field and had nine turnovers in nearly 38 minutes against the Kings. The Lakers next play the Golden State Warriors on Tuesday before going on the road to play the Chicago Bulls on Christmas and the Dallas Mavericks on Friday. Bryant said he was uncertain what games were best for him to take off.

"You got to look at the body," Bryant said. "You make the call tomorrow and see how my body feels and go from there."

When asked if Bryant's offensive struggles were due to fatigue or being aggressive offensively, Scott said: "That's fatigue. I think that goes hand in hand. I'm going to think about it tonight and sit down with Kobe tomorrow and we'll talk about it. We'll come up with a solution and try to figure out the next few games and what we want to do."

Bryant is averaging 24.6 points on 37.7 shooting from the field in 35.2 minutes per game this season. The NBA's third all-time leading scorer hasn't shot under 40 percent in his previous 18 seasons. Bryant has played in all 27 games this season after being limited to a career-low six games last season due to knee and Achilles injuries.

"I'm trying to shoulder a lot," Bryant said. "I'm trying to figure out the puzzle of my body and getting it to respond so I can come through."

On the remedy, Bryant said: "I don't know. I'm still trying to figure it out. This is uncharted territory."

So whom should the Lakers turn to offensively if Bryant is out? Guard Nick Young, who is averaging 14.9 points, says he is up to the challenge.

"Just give me the ball. I'm always ready to carry the load," Young said.

The Lakers (8-19) have lost three straight games after winning the previous three. One long-time NBA scout in attendance Sunday claimed "Kobe shoots too much" and that the Lakers are "unbearable to watch" in their current state.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Wow, paying Josh $26m for the next 2 years for no service. What a life for Josh, sit and get paid. Though it's tantamount to the Pistons firing their top player. Who picks Josh up for only a million or 2?

Pistons waive Josh Smith in shocking move
Marc J. Spears
By Marc J. Spears 16 hours ago Yahoo Sports

The Detroit Pistons on Monday waived starting forward Josh Smith, who has two more years and $26 million still remaining on his contract.

A number of teams could have interest in Josh Smith. (USAT)

A number of teams could have interest in Josh Smith. (USAT)
The Pistons will use the stretch provision on the remaining $26 million, league sources told Yahoo Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski. The provision allows the Pistons to stretch the money owed to Smith over a longer period of time for salary cap relief.

Smith and first-year Pistons president and coach Stan Van Gundy often did not seen eye to eye this season. Smith was averaging 13.1 points, 7.2 rebounds and 4.7 assists this season for the Pistons.

“Our team has not performed the way we had expected throughout the first third of the season and adjustments need to be made in terms of our focus and direction,” Van Gundy said via a statement. “We are shifting priorities to aggressively develop our younger players while also expanding the roles of other players in the current rotation to improve performance and build for our future. As we expand certain roles, others will be reduced. In fairness to Josh, being a highly versatile 10-year veteran in this league, we feel it’s best to give him his freedom to move forward. We have full respect for Josh as a player and a person.”

Smith should be a coveted unrestricted free agent once he clears waivers, as he’s expected to do, with a number of intriguing potential landing spots. The Kings nearly traded for Smith during the offseason and are interested in him now, a source said. Smith also is close friends with new Mavericks guard Rajon Rondo and Houston Rockets center Dwight Howard.

The Rockets, who were interested in Smith before he signed with Detroit as a free agent in 2013, again have interest in signing him, league sources told Wojnarowski. They can offer Smith their biannual exception, an advantage over most of Smith's other suitors, who are limited to giving him the veteran's minimum salary.

The Clippers have initial interest with Smith, but want to dig deeper before committing to attempting to sign him, a league source told Wojnarowski.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lakers shock Warriors, without Kobe. That may be an idea. :D

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Lillard again in crunch time. Rose again too w/back-to-back big fourth Qs against conf. leaders Wash. and Toronto. The little floaters he's making are crazy.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Lakers shock Warriors, without Kobe. That may be an idea. :D

I was surprised to see that score this morning. Nice win for the Kobe-less Lakers. Glad its not my $25 million a year going to the Black Mamba.

My Clippers remain unimpressive this year. They play the Warriors on Christmas evening. Maybe they'll get it together for that game.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Cavs couldn't get the win in James' first return to Miami. Clearly they miss their center Varajao who is gone for the season. Cavs should be shopping for a good big now. The D of the Heat is still superb, chasing all Cavs around and forcing them to take individual jump shots a lot down the stretch. That will be the achilles heel of the Cavs, if they resort to one on one plays when the game is on the line. Though it's hard not to do it since they have 3 top one on one players. LAL meanwhile, is keeping the game close with the Bulls in the 3rd Q, without Kobe again.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing