New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Just for the record, Big Baby has been ostracized from the Clipper family for bad mouthing Doc. :D

Galinari, I don't know, I thought Italians were lovers not fighters.

Did not expect him to be our enforcer.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Steve Ballmer pulled GM duties from Doc Rivers today.

Lawrence Frank, already in the Clippers front office, will take over those responsibilities.

I think that is a good move on Ballmer's part. We will see what happens.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Steve Ballmer pulled GM duties from Doc Rivers today.

Lawrence Frank, already in the Clippers front office, will take over those responsibilities.

I think that is a good move on Ballmer's part. We will see what happens.

Best move Ballmer has done since taking over the team IMHO

I also would out doc on a short leash and if he doesn't deliver early in the season I would relieve him of those duties as well. I have been saying this for 2 years.

Doc has yet to deliver in LA and for that reason I have remained a Lakers fan even while the Lakers were bottom dwellers

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I remain a Doc Rivers fan for a lots of reasons, many unrelated to basketball. That said, he has made some some bad moves with the Clippers along with many good ones.

Rare to see a Lakers fan flip to the Clippers but I harbor no ill will! :)

It will be interesting to watch the Clippers next year as well as Lawrence Frank in his escalated role. He does know the league well.

Doc just bought a house in Malibu so that may have some small influence on his point of view. Not a bad place to hang out.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I also think it's a great move to make Doc concentrate fully on coaching. Clippers on paper really good still. Doc had success with a non ball hugger and non shooter in Rondo, so he probably won't miss CP3 that much. :)

I can't wait to see how the Harden and CP3 fare out this coming season. They gave a glimpse in a small league game, and it was ALL shooting - what else did we expect. :)

No word on wanna-be-traded stars Melo and Kyrie. But it's hard to see how Kyrie will play 'peacefully' with James after than video showing him cheering Curry while Curry mimics a James workout video. Curry lately corrected the impression and said he did not meant to mock LeBron.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
While waiting for the pre-season to begin, we see the Curry brothers playing an 'exhibition handicap' game in South Korea.

The opponents' hoop is just right for the handicapping. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
That Korean - Curry video was hilarious. Interesting take from a different cultural perspective.

Moving along.....just saw an article posted by (almost) everyone's favorite NBA reporter, Adrian Wojnarowski discussing the Doc Rivers saga with the Clippers.

As always, good analysis by Woj. He seems to think Doc and Lawrence Frank will work well together based on their long friendship. Hope he is right.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
The house was $9.5 million. His annual income just from the Clippers is $10 million.

Not hard to sell a beachfront home in Malibu Colony to a celebrity or athlete or hedge fund guru.

I don't think he is being held hostage by his real estate.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Danny Ainge was on the Dan Patrick show this morning talking about Gordon Hayward and other Celtic topics. Dan Patrick is a great interviewer so it made for an interesting conversation. Reminded me that Ainge also played major league baseball so he was quite an athlete.

Ainge's son is running for Congress in Utah so the proud father was promoting a fund raiser he'll be working for his son this evening. He must be a good sport because he will be sitting in a dunk tank and allowing attendees to try to put him in the water for $25.00 a throw.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Danny Ainge was on the Dan Patrick show this morning talking about Gordon Hayward and other Celtic topics. Dan Patrick is a great interviewer so it made for an interesting conversation. Reminded me that Ainge also played major league baseball so he was quite an athlete.

Ainge's son is running for Congress in Utah so the proud father was promoting a fund raiser he'll be working for his son this evening. He must be a good sport because he will be sitting in a dunk tank and allowing attendees to try to put him in the water for $25.00 a throw.

IIRC Ainge was a Toronto Blue Jay

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

I saw a video that showed Ainge was All-American in basketball, baseball and football. Football. He tackled a very large Tree Rollins in an 80s playoff game after Rolliins hit him with an elbow. That was a football move. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Pacers are accusing the Lakers of tampering with Paul George apparently based on comments Magic made to the media.

That seems a bit of a stretch to me given that there are lots of comments made by team management during free agency.

Time will tell and one article I read says the Pacers will need a "paper" trail to win this case with the league.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing