New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I frankly wonder. I am a huge fan og Magic but ... We'll see .. It is hard to screw up more than little buss...

I'm a Magic fan too but wonder... Trying to think of really good GMs who were players. Bird's done pretty good, Phil Jackson not so much. I think Geoff Petrie built the Sac team w/Webber that almost took out the Lakers and played really good ball under Rick Adelman.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Magic was a terrible Lakers coach however as VP of Basketball Operations I believe he can woo and hire the best out there. Will he be a long timer remains to be seen. IMO Jeannie hired him to fire her brother so she wouldn't have to do it herself

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Since Magic is a good friend of Larry, I wish him all the best. :D

It's touch and go, as to how successful he will be. Look at Phil Jackson, all the thick résumé but a fat egg (so far) in New York. :D (That one's for you, Red) :D

So Magic is still looking for a GM, wonder who it will be?

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Larry Legend going for Jahlil Okafor. Why didn't they just keep Mahinmi? Color me confused.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Here are some of the trades before the deadline:

Raptors Acquire P.J. Tucker From Suns. ...
Pacers Decide To Keep Paul George. ...
Mavs Acquire Nerlens Noel For 1st Rounder, Justin Anderson, Andrew Bogut. ...
Nuggets Acquire Roy Hibbert From Bucks. ...
Thunder Acquire Doug McDermott, Taj Gibson From Bulls For Cameron Payne.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Meanwhile, the Celtics stood pat and did nothing. Good and bad. Good because the chemistry will be the same till the end of the season, bad because we're still lacking a solid 3 and 5 guy to push us deep into the playoffs. Oh well... Rumors were going that C's were interesting in Paul George or Jimmy Butler. The exchange price seemed too steep for Danny to pull the trigger, and every one whom Danny talked too will apparently want the golden egg that is the Nets' pick this year. Good thing Danny didn't gave it away. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I was hoping for a lot of big name trade action today but it was not to be.

Clippers stood pat but they don't have much trade bait.

Celtics didn't pull the trigger either - thought they might this time around.

Not sure why the Pacers would even think about trading Paul George unless they think he's definitely going to LAL when he hits free agency.

Lakers probably did the best - trading Jimmy Buss for Magic Johnson. ;)

Watching the Clippers play the Warriors on TNT now. Chris Paul is back from injury and has practiced but Doc is holding him out of this game and likely tomorrow's game against the Spurs.

Back to back against the Warriors and Spurs. Tough scheduling!

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Anyone happen to see Curry's 3 point buzzer beater at the end of the 3rd period last night

LOL

Yes, I saw that 3 pointer. :p That's when I turned the game off.

Clippers were winning at the half so I liked that. I did not like the 50 point barrage the Warriors put on the Clippers in the 3rd quarter.

Kudos to Curry. The guy is amazing.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Kudos for all Warriors except Draymond Green.

His dirty play is out of hand. He kicked Blake Griffin again last night.

Green should get a nice long suspension...he never learns.

One would think the Warriors would get this guy under control since he likely cost them the championship last year with dirty play and his ensuing suspension during the finals.

Steve Williams

Kudos for all Warriors except Draymond Green.

His dirty play is out of hand. He kicked Blake Griffin again last night.

Green should get a nice long suspension...he never learns.

I missed that.

In spite of how great GSW are they have already lost 9 games this season :) which is all they lost last year. Yet IMO they have a better team this year

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Cleveland signs D Will, Derek Williams, and reportedly, Bogus, I mean Bogut, giving him a chance for revenge at the Warriors. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Looks like Durant is out for the rest of the season. Not that I root for the Warriors but hate to see anyone get injured.

Warriors signed Matt Barnes (!) of all people for the rest of the season. Matt's the guy you love on your team but hate him when he plays for the others guys.

He'll team up with fellow enthusiastic (dirty) player Draymond Green with the Warriors. Hope the Cavs have a couple of enforcers - maybe Bogut.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing