New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Everyone this year seems to be trying to beef up on the "bigs" (e.g. Spurs). I don't believe that will will stop the Warriors who kill teams with their speed and finesse shooting

I haven't seen a championship team this fast in a long time. The showtime Lakers were fast, this Warriors team is faster, including their bigs, or mediums like Igoudala and Draymond Green, who, to me are 2 of the fastest non guards who can run the floor, and finish.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I can't disagree but any game will always be a matter of "what ifs" in the finals and a team has to play with what it has

As I see it the Warriors just had a better bench than anyone else

And I didn't see that deep bench until the playoffs, because I wasn't really watching them during the regular season. The bench, as I see historically, has to be like microwaves, instant offense and good defense to protect the lead or prevent a deficit to balloon while the starters rest. Livingston, Barbosa, Ezeli were the lesser names that produced consistently in the playoffs. And I think that is what San Antonio and Cleveland are doing, adding more ammo to their lineups. Latest rumor I heard was that Cavs are looking to trade for Joe Johnson to come to Cleveland. And per reports, Mo Williams is already going back to Cleveland. Boy, talk about stockpiling snipers.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The next thing we know, DeAndre is riding a banana boat with Chris Paul...and Griffin. :D

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I thought a verbal agreement was binding. I'm still betting he'll go to Dallas. Maybe wants more money and is being smart ass as I am sure there must be some sort of league sanction based upon breach of verbal agreement. Cuban is no dummy however

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers are camped out at Jordan's house and DJ's family is guarding the perimeter. They are keeping Cuban and Jordan's agent out of the house.

This is a hilarious situation - unless you are a Mavs fan. Hard to root for Cuban, though.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers are camped out at Jordan's house and DJ's family is guarding the perimeter. They are keeping Cuban and Jordan's agent out of the house.

This is a hilarious situation - unless you are a Mavs fan. Hard to root for Cuban, though.

Yeah, I just read this now, camping out? Over here we call it a 'vigil'. :D

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ing-deandre-jordan-back-deal-dallas-mavericks

"Sources say the majority of the Clippers' contingent that descended en masse on Houston to get Jordan back -- which included coach/team president Doc Rivers, owner Steve Ballmer, and star teammates Chris Paul and Blake Griffin -- remained at Jordan's house after the conclusion of the meeting. The Clippers' contingent, sources said, is vowing to stay with Jordan until at least 12:01 a.m. ET Thursday, which is the first allowable minute that Jordan can officially sign a new deal with L.A."

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
A vigil - sounds like a funeral wake

I was surprised wheh DJ apppreared to be going to the Mavs and just as surprised today.

Very strange week in Clipperland

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
A vigil - sounds like a funeral wake

I was surprised wheh DJ apppreared to be going to the Mavs and just as surprised today.

Very strange week in Clipperland

Vigil here means just to keep watch, without sleeping. :)

Strange indeed, but if this happens, Clippers will be back in the Western playoff race.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
OK, I've been on vigil all afternoon watching this unfold. :)

Should have a final answer in a couple of hours.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
To my knowledge, nothing. The verbal agreement is not binding.

Its happened before with Carlos Boozer and Hedo Turkolu and there was no penalty.

Could be rule changes in the future.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
This is one colorful signing, not leaving your house till you sign. Like a movie. Well, what do you expect from a team called LA? :D

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
When it looked like they were losing Jordan, along w/the disappointing-at-best playoff performance; the Clips looked like one of the fastest unravelings of a contender (thought they were the best team on paper going into last season) I've ever seen.

Watch out for the Bucks next year btw, I think Monroe is a great pickup, and Parker will be back. Have to say, I didn't think much of J Kidd as a coach going into last season, along with being kind of a jerk (two DUIs immediately after signing big contracts, and forcing people out of the front office), but he proved otherwise on the former anyway. Nice to see some smaller market teams making headway.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Looks like Doc Rivers has saved the Clippers from an ignominious decline. He's made a massive turnaround since it looked like DeAndre Jordan was going to the Mavericks.

Jordan has now been resigned for four years. Lance Stephenson, Paul Pierce, Josh Smith and Wesley Johnson have been added to the roster. Cole Aldrich joins the Clippers as a backup center and Austin Rivers signed on again.

Clippers have a much better bench than last year - depth was their biggest problem. Pierce. Johnson and perhaps even Stephenson shore up the SF position.

Matt Barnes is gone and ended up with the Grizzlies. Jamal Crawford appears to be on his way out, too. Sad to see both of those guys go.

So, it will brutal again in the Western Conference.

Clippers could go either way. They look to be better but they have added a couple of interesting (volatile?) personalities in Stephenson and Smith. Doc certainly rolled the dice with those two players.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Looks like Doc Rivers has saved the Clippers from an ignominious decline. He's made a massive turnaround since it looked like DeAndre Jordan was going to the Mavericks.

Jordan has now been resigned for four years. Lance Stephenson, Paul Pierce, Josh Smith and Wesley Johnson have been added to the roster. Cole Aldrich joins the Clippers as a backup center and Austin Rivers signed on again.

Clippers have a much better bench than last year - depth was their biggest problem. Pierce. Johnson and perhaps even Stephenson shore up the SF position.

Matt Barnes is gone and ended up with the Grizzlies. Jamal Crawford appears to be on his way out, too. Sad to see both of those guys go.

So, it will brutal again in the Western Conference.

Clippers could go either way. They look to be better but they have added a couple of interesting (volatile?) personalities in Stephenson and Smith. Doc certainly rolled the dice with those two players.

To me, this new additions will make the Clips better than last. Dunno how Doc will 'cure' Lance and Josh but it seems Doc feels he can turn them around by signing them. Pierce will lower minutes will always provide good clutch baskets if needed. Spurs look really the best on paper right now, LeBron will have a big mountain ahead of him if he has to face them again.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing