WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Mavs vs Cavs

Just cause it rhymes :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I think the key to the Bulls success is how Gasol contributes. If he's good for 15 or so ppg, plus some rebounds and putbacks, that would be really good news for the Bulls. A big upgrade over Boozer. And yes, Rose must be healthy the entire year. I think he's the real leader of the Bulls and provide inspiration to the players. In a Bulls/Cav Eastern Finals, I'd pick the Bulls mainly bec of Thibs system.

West. I think it will be Spurs vs Dallas. And Dallas might might just upset SA. I like the Clips, but I think too much energy is spend on running around instead of effieciency. Unless Doc can change that but the players are really the high energy types.

Dallas - Bulls.

Dallas. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Here's my rant for the day.......

I love the guy as a player just like I did Gasol last year however it was evident Gasol may be a Big but lacked a step.

Now comes along Steve Nash arguably one of the best PG's in the history of the game and twice NBA MVP. I think he might have played all of 6 games in 2 years, he's 40yo and has chronic back problems. All I've heard has been how great he's been looking in preseason until I read yesterday the guy is one again out for the year with yet another back problem. He won't retire because he needs the money to support his ex wife and kids.

I've read there is something the Lakers can exercise with respect to the contract and what they can save but when the heck are the Lakers going to pull the plug. Getting to be shades of Andrew Bynum

rant over

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

I love the guy as a player just like I did Gasol last year however it was evident Gasol may be a Big but lacked a step.

Now comes along Steve Nash arguably one of the best PG's in the history of the game and twice NBA MVP. I think he might have played all of 6 games in 2 years, he's 40yo and has chronic back problems. All I've heard has been how great he's been looking in preseason until I read yesterday the guy is one again out for the year with yet another back problem. He won't retire because he needs the money to support his ex wife and kids.

I've read there is something the Lakers can exercise with respect to the contract and what they can save but when the heck are the Lakers going to pull the plug. Getting to be shades of Andrew Bynum

rant over

Steve,

I would feel that way too about Nash. It's frustrating. And I remember when he came in to join Howard and Kobe, there were big wows heard. The Bynum case is a classic. Hard to top that.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

rant over

Lakers just like the Knicks, remodeling when they need to gut rehab. Tough thing in the biggest markets perhaps, more understandable in LA where Kobe has brought rings vs Carmelo in NY.

Jack/Jadis -- Mavs huh? Alright, your picks are out there. Steve/Franz (watch more preseason???). J/J, am I wrong?

Last edited:

Steve Williams

I need to watch more.

I agree with Frantz that Spurs and Thunder are contenders but as Bob said KD isn't coached to his full potential. They need to get to that next level with a coaching change. Word I've heard is that once KD's contract is up he's jumping to Washington where I guess he grew up

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lakers just like the Knicks, remodeling when they need to gut rehab. Tough thing in the biggest markets perhaps, more understandable in LA where Kobe has brought rings vs Carmelo in NY.

Jack/Jadis -- Mavs huh? Alright, your picks are out there. Steve/Franz (watch more preseason???). J/J, am I wrong?

Pre-season is over. :)

3 more days and it's showtime!

Celtics have lots of young ones. But so had the Sixers a couple of years ago. :D That is not too encouraging to this Celtics fan.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I think the key to the Bulls success is how Gasol contributes. If he's good for 15 or so ppg, plus some rebounds and putbacks, that would be really good news for the Bulls. A big upgrade over Boozer. And yes, Rose must be healthy the entire year. I think he's the real leader of the Bulls and provide inspiration to the players. In a Bulls/Cav Eastern Finals, I'd pick the Bulls mainly bec of Thibs system.

West. I think it will be Spurs vs Dallas. And Dallas might might just upset SA. I like the Clips, but I think too much energy is spend on running around instead of effieciency. Unless Doc can change that but the players are really the high energy types.

Dallas - Bulls.

Dallas. :)

Both Jack and Phil pick the Mavs? Must be something in the water in the Philippines. :D

I would like to pick the Clippers in the West but they did not look good at all in the preseason. They still have a massive gap at SF. Have to go with the Spurs for now - until a team can knock them off their throne.

In the East I'll pick the Cavs. Don't think that Derrick Rose can play for an entire season and not sure how much gas Pau Gasol has left in his tank.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Both Jack and Phil pick the Mavs? Must be something in the water in the Philippines. :D

Maybe it's because we guys out here like underdogs. :D

The way Jameer Nelson was shooting in some games in the pre-season, he must be the Mavs' answer to the Spurs' Patty Mills. :D Plus, Nelson has Finals experience. I like the way the stars are congregating in Dallas. After letting Tyson Chandler go a few years ago, they got him back, and this could be another prodigal son story in the NBA. :) Dirk is one of those fine aging players in the mold of Duncan, and no question about Dirk's heart to win. I love watching Parson's play. And boy, Mavs have a lot of guards to play small ball - Monta, Felton, and Devin Harris, aside from Nelson. And there is a ring holder in Coach Carlisle to try to dethrone a Spurs team that has not yet repeated, maybe due to some 'jinx' and certainly not in ability. :)

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Alright, we have a few prognostications anyway, let's revisit after the new year.

Like the players and love the coach they have, but just see the Mavs as too thin talent-wise. We'll see.

Steve Williams

Alright, we have a few prognostications anyway, let's revisit after the new year.

Like the players and love the coach they have, but just see the Mavs as too thin talent-wise. We'll see.

The Mavs are no where on my radar

I still like Spurs but one year the Thunder and KD need to be considered. I agree about them being poorly coached

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Lakers were unfortunate tonight as they lost their 1st round draft choice, Julius Randle. He broke his leg during the game against the Rockets.

Sure seems like there is a black cloud hanging over the Lakers. Nash is out for the season, Nick Young is out with an injury and now Randle.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lakers were unfortunate tonight as they lost their 1st round draft choice, Julius Randle. He broke his leg during the game against the Rockets.

Sure seems like there is a black cloud hanging over the Lakers. Nash is out for the season, Nick Young is out with an injury and now Randle.

Randle looked promising is some clips I've seen him play in the preseason. I was telling my son that Ainge should have picked him at 6th spot rather than Marcus Smart. Randle played with confidence and could create his own shots. Unfortunate turn of of events for him and the Lakers.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Man that sucks. Surprised nobody has coined the term "The Baby Buss Curse" yet.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010

I was about to ;) .. You beat me to the spot :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You just joined my broken leg player club Stevie. You bet it sucks.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I think Randle will be a good player based on what I saw in college. Certainly has the body for the pros, and looked to have a nice feel for the game.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

My C's had the ML Carr Curse and Pitino Curse in the 90s. LOL

And in the 80s, they had an even worse 'curse' with no name, the sudden death of 1st round draft pick (No. 2 overall) Len Bias from cocaine overdoese and after a few more years, an unexpected death of yet another first round pick Reggie Lewis to heart attack on a basketball court.

Hence, when the late 80s and 90s were combined, C's were in the 'dark ages'. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing